PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Disneyland!

disneyochem
10-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Well, I'm sitting on my balcony at the GCH with a glass of wine (pool view/DCA is beautiful at night!) and thought I would share a little bit of the day at DL. Drove down late last night and arrrived at the Tropicana Inn at 4 a.m. Traffic was terrible on I-5 through LA. There were a couple of freeway closures that made the drive miserable. Anyway, got to the hotel and had a couple of hours sleep before checking into the GCH. The Tropicana was okay for what we needed. The room was clean but a little on the small side. I have to say that the continental breakfast was horrible! We ended up headiing over to Mickey D's and getting some food.

Check in to the GCH at 9 a.m. Room was not ready but expected that. Left luggage with bell services and headed over to the park. It was crowded. Had to wait about ten minutes to get into DL at 10 a.m. Although it was crowded, we were able to ride quite a bit (with little or no wait). Went on Tiki Room, POC, HM, Pooh, Splash (Fastpassed and came back), BMTRR (3x), Pinocchio, Snow White, TeaCups, Star Tours, and Astroblasters all by 2 p.m. Ate at Red Rockett's (split a couple of pasta dishes). Were sitting outside, but under cover, when it started to pour! Lots and lots of rain! Made a mad dash to store to purchase ponchos and then continued on with our day. Went to make cookies at the Plaza on our way to the hotel. The guy who was in charge of the cookie activity just gave the kids cookies. Said it was too wet for the parents ?!? I think he just didn't want to do the activity. (Just as an aside, I could tell he did not have kids or experience working with kids--there were a couple of groups waiting to do the activity. The man said "Who wants to do the activity or just get cookies? Who wants to be a chef?" Boy, of course kids want to do the activity!) Anyway, got the free cookies, stopped by and got freshly made candy and headed over to the GCH. Our room was ready--had been upgraded to a pool view with a queen bed and bunk beds. Very nice room.

Made the kids take a little rest period until about 4:30. Then headed into DCA and rode Soarin', ALL the rides in Bug's Land (and I might add multiple times!), Jumpin' Jellyfish and Orange Stinger twice. Park closed at 6. Left park and ate at the Storyteller's Cafe. Good as ever.

I hear the fireworks from DL from my balcony. Yes, there were fireworks tonight. A CM told me that they were for employees of Honda and it was okay for others to stay at the park to watch (even tho it was scheduled after the park was closed). Opted not to watch--we'll be here on the weekend so will see them then. Put the kids in the bathtub and to bed!

Hitting Early Entrance tomorrow morning. Resort guests still get the privilege--was told that as a guest I could use EE on any day that it was offered. Nice.

Will post later this week.

mkcbunny
10-17-2005, 09:35 PM
I so wish I were there RIGHT NOW. Have a great time! Thanks for the post on location!