PDA

View Full Version : Question! plz read! [People Mover]

Enter The Mouse
10-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I'm more of the newer generation of Disney Land. I was wondering what the people mover is. What happened to it? What did it do to make it so special? Any help is much appreciated.

janell
10-17-2005, 06:00 PM
If you have ever been on Rocket Rodds, then you have been on the track of the people mover. It was a great ride you know wouldn't have to long of a line, where you could rest your feet for a few min. What I always liked was the track went right by this big window that viewed into Space Mt. Once in while the light in Space Mt. was on and the window was open, you could see the track. Which was fun.

What sad is WDW still has the people mover or at least it did in 2003 and we have the track, but nothing on it. Rocket Rodds kept bracking and they have done nothing with it.:confused: They really need make it a ride.

DISNEYfied
10-17-2005, 06:04 PM
How old are you if you don't mind me asking... lol, because I consider myself "New Disneyland" too (I'm 19), but I vaguely remember it. It used to roll around on the the track where Rocket Rods was. I never rode it very often because as a kid, it didn't really appeal to me. I know it went through/over most of the Tomorrowland attractions. There was a narration too as you went from area to area.

D-lander 1956
10-17-2005, 06:23 PM
I'm more of the newer generation of Disney Land. I was wondering what the people mover is. What happened to it? What did it do to make it so special? Any help is much appreciated.

Here's a link for all old rides including the People Mover - Enjoy! ;)

www.yesterland.com/peoplemover.html

Opus1guy
10-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Go to this page of the Extinct Attraction Club, and a Quicktime video on the history of the Peoplemover will start to play:

http://www.extinct-attractions-club.com/New_TLAND5.HTML

JDUB
10-17-2005, 08:39 PM
Check out this link for a awesome video of a trip through Tomorrowland
on The Peoplemover

http://visionsfantastic.com/main.php?page=peoplemover

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-18-2005, 01:56 PM
what made the people mover special? Well there were so many things.

It was a good place to sit and ride around when your feet had had enough walking for the afternoon, there was the cool Tron tunnel, you rode through Space Mountain and Adventure thru Inner Space and best of all there was never a line!!!!

Enter The Mouse
10-18-2005, 03:46 PM
I'm 16 and i've been to disney a lot but I don't remember it from when I was younger. Maybe when I was there when it was but i don't remember it. I started to reember a lot from when California Adventure opened. Thanks everyone.

smd4
10-18-2005, 04:01 PM
and best of all there was never a line!!!!Unfortunately, this "best" part was the part that indicated the ride wasn't popular, and foretold its eventual doom.

As much as we might like to remember what a "great" ride it was, the truth is, that by the time it was removed it was old, boring to 99% of the people who rode it, and even among those who did like it, it was used more as a place to "rest one's feet," as has been stated by two people here already, than as an enjoyable ride.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-18-2005, 06:42 PM
The part about never having a line wasn't always true. Back in the days when it cost a D ticket, they often had to turn off the Speedramps because of the lines.

The Tomorrowland Transit Authority, in WDW-MK, is an updated Peoplemover. Instead of the bumpy old drive rollers, you get a smoother, faster ride on (I think; correct me if I'm wrong) a Linear Induction system.

By putting the Rocket Rods on the Peoplemover track, without upgrading the supporting structure, the powers that be virtually guaranteed that the track ain't gonna be used for much of anything anytime soon.