PDA

View Full Version : Well... How is Screamin'?

Daveylegs
10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Come on folks! We want to know!

Darkbeer
10-17-2005, 02:03 PM
The music is still not working on all the trains, some folks have said they gotten it, but most state they didn't.

The new brakes makes the stop at the end much smoother.

Some folks feel that Disney is trimming (slowing down) the trains a bit more in certain areas, resulting in less "air time".

But pretty much, the same ride.

mariafred963
10-17-2005, 02:05 PM
It was great! We got into Disneyland on the 10th and was disappointed that it was not opened yet. What a treat that as we were driving in on the 14th that we heard on the radio that Screamin' was to open that morning for our last day. We only had to wait 15 mins and also used Fastpass as well.

TDBearGrrl
10-17-2005, 02:18 PM
I finally got to ride on Saturday (Friday's trip was cancelled). We got there about 9:00, the wait time said 20 minutes, but it was more like 10 or so. We had music (I think it was one of the green cars) It was so great to be Screamin' again!!! I didn't notice any slowing - I got air on the 'bunny hops' just like I always do. (It takes a lot to get me in the air)

On another note, I rode Mullholland Madness for the first time. Maybe I will tell you all about it some time... I had a cast member doubled over in laughter.

Noah
10-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Great to have screaming back! Sunday the ride was down for a few hours, I saw the mechanics on the track and then running tests. It was raining on and off so perhaps it was safety checks or something? The ride opened (or reopened) about an hour later when I arrived back at the screaming entrance.
10 minute wait for front row, no music, very fun, does seem to have a little more "brake trimming" occuring at various sections (perhaps that is just due to the weather or computer ride profiles that were reprogrammed or updated, no biggie though, the last break run is smoother. Fun ride, happy to have it back. Now if they would run it backwards every now and then that would be fun! :) <smile> :D

itig
10-17-2005, 03:03 PM
On another note, I rode Mullholland Madness for the first time. Maybe I will tell you all about it some time... I had a cast member doubled over in laughter.

Oh, c'mon...no fair! You have to tell us now! :)

Niwel
10-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Went on in Saturday before the MA picnic after going on ToT... remembered why I didn't miss it too much. It still makes me slightly queasy (and I don't get queasy). No music.

disneyhound
10-17-2005, 06:41 PM
The music is still not working on all the trains...What is wrong with the maintenance people! They couldn't find the time to fix the audio during the all those many weeks the ride sat idle...

Whittibo
10-17-2005, 07:10 PM
*sitting here sad and nearly in tears* I SO wanted Screamin' to open while we were there. Only missed it by ONE LOUSY WEEK. (guess it's better to miss it by a week, then miss it by one day.)

HorizonsA
10-17-2005, 08:02 PM
How is Screamin' doing?

Well, about half of the people are thrilled and happy, as I am. But the other half are still complaining, not on this site as it seems (as much), but on others, people are still unsatisfied.

You know, fixing the music on the roller coaster is more harder than replacing a battery. Space Mountain has already had some problems with their music. The music goes off for one person then they come here or wherever and get all bent-out-of-shape about it.

A quote from another poster, I don't know who wrote it, but I remember...

"They were going for 100% music...it's a shame they haven't delivered"

I'm sorry, but no one's perfect, Disney definetely isn't perfect. These things happen.

hlbtimes2
10-17-2005, 09:43 PM
We made it on one time, late on Saturday night. My 7 year old was very disappointed that we didnt get to go on it again. It was her very most favorite ride in either park. Yes, at 7, she is a little thrill seeker!

junglemom
10-18-2005, 07:01 AM
AAAAHHHHH, I was there, I swear it didn't look like it was going!!! We were looking at the track from the story tellers cafe, andn the cars looked empty and very sparse. AAAAHHHHH! We even drove by it on our way home to see if it was going and a car never even went by. Darnit!!!

scaeagles
10-18-2005, 07:25 AM
We were visiting from Phoenix last Th-Su. We were quite pleasantly surprised when we went into DCA and were told it was running. We weren't expecting it to be.

Rode it 3 times. Music working once. Nothing different about it, but it does move somewhat slower over the bunny hills, as it was earlier suggested.

DaddyB
10-18-2005, 11:48 AM
It's really a lot better now that they've added a loop.
:eek:

disneyhound
10-18-2005, 12:01 PM
...people are still unsatisfied...You know, fixing the music on the roller coaster is more harder than replacing a battery...It may be "more harder" than replacing a battery, the music system has been hit and miss for a long time. Are you a technician for DCA? The ride is "more better" when the music is playing!

TowerofTerror
10-18-2005, 12:07 PM
Im glad it up. I cant wait to go ride it again.

DizneeGirl
10-18-2005, 01:40 PM
We were there the 6th-10th!! AAHHHH!!! We watched them test it closely to see if there were people in the seats, and it never happened....:crying:

audibleatom
10-18-2005, 01:47 PM
i will be there the weekend of 11/11-11/13 cant wait to get on it again...but they better have the music fixed by then, it really adds so much to the ride...well for me anyway