PDA

View Full Version : no parades on halloween?

pretty Omi
10-17-2005, 01:11 PM
today upon looking at the calendar, to note when hours change and such, i out of curiosity checked halloween to see if just maybe they'd run fantasmic or something (with no luck), but under parades it says none scheduled... thought that was a little odd.... anyone have some theories as to why, or maybe it's just an error

Darkbeer
10-17-2005, 02:01 PM
To Disney, Monday (Halloween) is a normal, off-season weekday. Nothing special is planned.

As for why the Parae of Dreams is not listed, one of two things, a computer input mistake, If so, then you should see the Parade of Dreams, or there is something happening that could be blocking the Parade route, or otherwise requiring the Floats to stay behind stage. It would make sense for Disney to pick a slow day like that (Disney's policy is no adults in costumes any day of the year) to do some work that required the parade to not be offered.

I would call Guest Relations and verify that it is not a typo.

pretty Omi
10-17-2005, 07:24 PM
i'm not that worried about the parade, i just found it a bit odd

when i asked before they said this year on halloween they would be allowing costumes, as long as people over 12 weren't in disney costumes

Darkbeer
10-17-2005, 08:40 PM
They are allowing folks to attend the special After-hours Halloween Treat events at DCA in costume, but that event is not being held on Monday the 31st (last one is Sunday the 30th).

pretty Omi
10-17-2005, 09:50 PM
i was told on halloween we could dress, becuz for the halloween treat, they are allowing disney costumes, but not on halloween... i dunno ask 5 cm's a question you'll get 5 different answers