PDA

View Full Version : Design a Ride

Pirate Princess
10-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Okay, here are the rules:
1. The ride MUST be based on a Disney or Disney/Pixar movie (no original rides.. they must be tied to a movie!!!)

2. Please describe the specifics:

-How will you be getting around on the ride? (Car, flying like in Peter Pan, etc.)

-What sequences of the movie will it feature?

-Describe the setting/backdrop etc.

-Will you incorporate particular songs?

-Etc. Etc. Etc.
3. No REDOING other rides. It must be a movie that is not currently a ride at any of the Disney parks. (Because you all know how people get when you start remaking their favorite rides. Can you imagine the war of words if I said, "I want to completely rip apart POTC and not leave any original stuff.")

4. NO and I MEAN NO bashing someone else’s choices. Too bad if you are not a fan of that movie or not a fan of Pixar. This is the inventor’s original idea and what would make them happy. You are not a consideration in their decision. (Yes, I am psychic and I see what kind of anger this thread will generate without this mandate.)

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I am personally thinking Lion King would make a great ride.. but I have to study for a midterm, so I’ll have to get back to the thread tomorrow to give my input)

sleepyjeff
10-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Mickey and the BeanStalk:

Ride System: Overhead Omnivore.

Duration: 8 minutes.

Land: ToonTown.

Queue: Happy Valley farm country. AA Cow greets guests with a barely audible moo and a mournful stare.

Scene 1: Hop into a four poster bed suspended on a vine of a giant beanstalk...assent upwards into the moonlit sky.

Scene 2: Day breaks about the same time as our beds break the clouds..behold a Giant Castle in the Distance.

Scene 3: Making our way towards the Castle we encounter giant trees, giant bugs and giant everything.

Scene 4: Inside the Castle we find a table full of giant food......but nearby a magical harp warns us to flee.

Scene 5: A Giant catches us and locks us in a box.

Scene 6: Mickey breaks us free and we all flee down the beanstalk...ride goes into steep decent.

Scene 7: Safely back in Happy Valley with a magic harp making all well again.

Exit: Ramp taking us up again with a Giant lifting the roof looking for a tiny mouse;)

mariogarza
10-17-2005, 01:12 AM
This one's looong...:p

Well, this is a ride I’ve been thinking since quite a while…It would be a reeealy big ride, and I thought about it for Disneyland, but it just doesn’t have enough space for a ride this big…so I thought it would be good for WDW’s MK…well, whatever, this doesn’t matter, anyway, it’s only in my head, and in my head, this would be in an utopian Disneyland….

It’s a Fantasia 2000 ride…more specifically, it’s a ride based on the “Firebird Suite” segment of this movie (yeah, the one with the green fairy and the big volcano) probably on Fantasyland, just to the right of IASM up of TL (remember, it’s an utopian DL, so there’s no Harbor, there is “The Firebird Suite”)….

Ok…so, it’s May 2010 and you are at DL for the opening day of “The Firebird Suite”, the place it’s totally and insanely packed, of course, It’s the “Disneyland’s Magical 55 Celebration” at the park but you are glad they came up with the new Ultra-fastpass system (which I’ve just forgot how it works), so there’s nothing to worry about…Now you’re walking past IASW and there are the trails of DL newest and biggest mountain, the Firebird Mountain and as you’ve read before every 15 minutes it explodes into an infernal mountain of fire, lava, rocks and smoke…quite impressive BTW…your don’t see where that lava is going to, there’s a great amount of pines and trees that block your view of the base of the impressive volcano. You hear screams, joyful and frightful screams on the other side of the pines…and a roaring thunder that just match to the ideas you’ve had about this attraction since 2007, when the ride was announced

…you’ve been waiting for this moment sooo long, that now just won’t matter going up the trails past the sign of the 210min stand by line, after all, you’ve been waiting 5 years for this ride, another couple of hours seem like a few seconds…and of course, you’ve already picked up 2 ultra-fastpasses one ride is for the afternoon and the other one for the night…of course you’ll get one more for Splash and one for Space, ohh and of course one for Nemo…even if you “hate” that ride, cause you obviously miss the old subs, but you just can’t get enough…as well as the new Matterhorn with Harold’s chase and the yodeling on board soundtrack and of course, it feels soo smooth and speedy, thanks to the new track...well, any way…….you join the line inside a narrow cave and it’s very cold in there, but you’re there for just a few minutes, and on the other side of the cave there’s an impressive effect…you know you’re inside a tunnel, but everywhere you turn you are surrounded by what unmistakably it’s a forest, and you can feel the fresh air and the smell of pines…the sky looks so real, the only thing between you and that world is the wooden handrails…and of course the surrounding omnimax-based tunneling screens developed by WDI for this attraction…the immersive effect it’s totally effective, you could swear that you really are outdoors in another world, unlike anything you’ve ever seen….:eek:

The line is going really fast, mainly because of the projections and all the things that you are watching on that forest, like those imposing waterfalls and the occasional deer and the bears fighting were one of the highlights while in line. Now, further in the woods, there’s a way thru the pines and the line follows that way, you’re no longer in a wide open forest, but inside on the pine covered way on the night, you can’t see the sky anymore, nor the mountains nor rivers, there’s only pine leaves, bushes and tress, but you know this isn’t a projection, this is real, you can touch the tress, artificial trees, but very realistic looking…crickets sounds and what sounds like a water flow…there’s fireflies too, which remind you of POTC, but this ones look very real….;)

The line is divided into 3 different paths, each one apparently going deeper into the woods, but you guess each line must be the same, so you don’t miss anything…then this CM wearing a forest ranger costume takes a group of about 35 or 40 guests into a totally tree covered spot (a pre-show and explanation area) where another cast member, oh but wait, it looks real, but it’s on a screen, that you realize it’s a screen until now, didn’t looked like it….and bewares of the nature of the ride…it’s a thrilling roller coaster type ride with sudden turns, drops and inversions and with SFX that might be frightful for some guests….she explains how to aboard and where to put your loose items, inside the bags under your seat…

So, you exit this area and its nighttime…again in an open forest and there’s the river you had seen before, but this time you cross it above in a large wooden bridge, and there’s the loading area…this CM arranges your party of 4 into line 5, there’s 4 per row and there you stand in the line 5 and the train comes and stops in front of you….you board and place your lap bar and they check them out and then, everybody is ready and you start to move very very gently and you recognize the onboard soundtrack…the “Firebird Suite” by Stravinsky begins, just like in the movie and you move into what it seams a really large open room (but those screens are deceiving!), so maybe you’re in a narrow tunnel, but you really can’t say so…and the combination of real foliage and rocks with the effects it’s remarkably hard to differentiate from the real and the unreal…the only thing real for you is that you’re slowly moving thru the ground and that you’re watching the green fairy to your left side, you can see her moving above the grass, the smells are very effective into immersing you into the story and you notice that the train gently moving as following the music…it’s perfect synchronization in almost every sense, just curving and traveling in the forest watching her doing her business…creating the nature, it’s just like you remember the movie…now you are flying with here, to the compass of the music above the trees, and watching her making trees, sure she’s glad….nothing to be thrill besides the incredible effects and the fact that you can’t believe, it’s by far the most convincing ride you’ve ever been, and by the speed and motion of the train you know that this is just the beginning!;)

So, there’s the mountain….she’s flying creating grass and greens wherever she passes, and you are her witness, and still can’t figure out in where you really are, or what kind of room you’re in, but no matter, you are flying above that mountain, but you remember the movie…she can’t grow grass up there…seems like dead soil….it’s a dead mountain…and then the music beats go down as well as the train….very still and intriguing is the rock in the crater that she’s approaching…if you know what she’s going into, that won’t be good…oh boy, wish she didn’t touched that that….as she touches it suddenly you’re going really fast and strong, as well as the music and as the firebird wakes up….you’ve been launched way faster than in Screamin, still running forward, but then you go up, straight up and you feel the warm of real fire around you, it’s hell in there and you see in the fire to your right the eyes of the firebird and up, on the top is the way out of the crater, very smoky, but you there see the real daylight and exit the mountain going upside down and then going down the side of the mountain…ohh, sure you can’t see Disneyland from up there, you’re not even thinking about it, you’re just flying in the sky above the volcano in the smoke and fire, it’s really hot and the sound of the music is very well synchronized to the speed and maneuvers of the roller coaster…sure it’s intense, but not rough, it’s a smooth and thrilling ride….then you go another one again inside the mountain via a cave dropping really fast, up, down, upside down, you don’t know, and don’t care, you’re flying watching again in what must be screens, the fairy and the firebird fighting in the flames that now consume every inch of the forest…it’s hell….

Then the firebird wins and it’s absolute darkness…and the music comes to a stop as well as the train…then, the music, as in the movie starts again very slow and you are still standing in the dark and start to see the fairy all defeated…there comes the deer, and lifts her up…and you see her tear…dropping into that wasteland, and brings hope as the plants grow in that spot...running then flying she’s creating once more, and as her, we are flying to the growing beat of the music, crating once more a great and green forest…this time she cover’s the mountain…then as the music goes stronger, we are flying outside once again going up and down in a flying pattern above the trees and pines in the base of the mountain…you’re going fast, yet not intense, it’s like flying with the compass of the music…once inside the mountain, you see for the last time the forest in all it’s glory…it shines and the music it’s reaching climax and ending and her for the last time, and the deer, the music ends and the ride stops…the train moves forward and you enter the unloading area…quite the same from the boarding area…nighttime forest, and enter again a cave, and after about a minute walking inside the cave you see the daylight and exit the cave…realize that you are in the base of the mountain, you walk down some trails and then a shop, there’s your photo!!...souvenirs blah blah….exit the store, you cross a bridge and there’s Fantasyland….to your right is the trail that goes to the entrance…woow, you really enjoyed the ride….it was definitely incredible...Oh! and you still got 2 rides with you ultra-fastpasses…and still wondering why they build this amazing ride for the 55 anniversary instead of doing something this big for the 50th…would had been more pertinent, but who knows…:D

Mickey
10-17-2005, 03:44 PM
wow, Long ride... cool ! ;)

Enter The Mouse
10-17-2005, 04:15 PM
My ride would be based on Lilo and Stich. You would ride in a red rocket ship and you would fly (Like peter pan). You learn an expiriment called 136 is loose on earth. Your mission is to stop it. You start in outer space and then your ship says "Engine Troubles!" and you fall down to earth. The fall would be "Mild but Wild". Once on earth you would see the beach and the water and people surfing. While this is going on there is a secret, if you look hard you can see dory jump out of the water and dive back in. The rest of the ride you go around and see the big monster and stich and then you stop him. I havent figured that part out. Then the last room is a big luao (I Don't know how to spell it, sorry) and Elvis music plays and everyone is dancing, aliens and humans alike. It sounds corny but if you could imagine all the effects I could see it having a lot of disney magic.

DISNEYfied
10-17-2005, 04:31 PM
WELL since Monsters Inc. is not yet open...

Ride: Monsters Inc. Facility Tour
Type: Indoor Rollercoaster
Length: Preshow: 2.5 mins/ Ride: 2 mins 47 secs
Top Speed: 64 mph
Inversions: 4, 2 corkscrews and 2 loops

My ride is a Monster's Inc. Coaster. The entrance/beginning of the queue area would be through "closet" doors into the city where the Monsters live. You've been invited to our the facility where the Monsters work to "scare" children. You'd walk past familiar supporting characters, like the receptionist and the old lady w/ the glasses at the unemployment office, I believe. You even see a big screen with the record of most scares (Sully is 1st of course)

I'm thinking the preshow area would use the same technology as Rock N Rollercoaster where Aerosmith talks to the audience, only it'll be Mike and Sully and various other characters talking to you. They beckon you into the viewing room where you will be watching demonstrations as to how they run things day to day.

Of course something goes wrong, Randall is back to mess things up ya know...
So you have to be evacuated before he sucks the screams out of you.

Everyone is rushed out to a rollercoaster train type cart that is next the the track with all the doors. All around you you see doors going in and out of openings. As your train moves forward (the monsters are assuring you that its perfectly safe) you see out to the side that Randall has pulled some lever and all the safety lights go off as you suddenly switch tracks right before you go into the opening you were supposed to go into. And that is where the rollercoaster begins. You are slowly pulled into a side track where it stops for a second...

Right before it launches you into darkness. Yes it's gonna be a Rock N Rollercoaster type ride in teh "dark". As you careen past doors and restricted areas and Mike and Sully are trying frantically to save you. At one point, you think you're out, but then you're launched backwards. This is all set to music/sound effects.

Finally you're done and are led out through closet doors to a Monsters Inc. shopping area.

--------------------

I also have a 2nd ride. Based on The Incredibles.

Ride: The Incredicoaster
Type: Half Indoor/ Half Outdoor Rollercoaster
Location: Loading in Paradise Pier of DCA, indoor portion behind Ariel's Grotto, outdoor portion in the massive body of water by PP.
Length: Preshow: 2.5 mins/ Ride: 3 mins 34 secs
Top Speed: 67 mph
Inversions: 4. 2 corkscrews and 2 loops
Drops: 3. Tallest at 132 ft into a loop.
Trains have state of teh art sound system.

The queue goes through the house of that little lady that designs all the gadgets and stuff for the Incredibles family. You have been invited to test out a new vehicle that is state of the art in super villian defense. You see a projection of a demonstration of it by her through glass (think the scene in the movie where she is showing Mrs. Incredible the suits) including safety instructions. You are then hurried into the demonstration room. Of course, this vehicle is a coaster type train, but outfitted in the latest technology in crime fighting.

The first 1/2 of the coaster is standard demonstration (indoor) where missiles and lasers are launched at you. But then you hear a distress call from Mr. Incredible and they need YOUR help. A supervillian is trying to take over the earth by creating a total eclipse that would last so long it'd freeze the earth. It's then at you feel your train being pulled upward into position for "takeoff". So you are launched outside into the air for the big drop into the loop. The coaster then goes right above water and you hear Dash talking to you and when you look to one side an effect makes little pit pat prints in the water leading you to believe he's running right beside you. Of course you go back into total darkness (back indoor) and you hear various thing around you like fighting. This entire sequence is done in darkness and will play with your senses. Like when Frozone makes and appearance, you'll feel blasts of cold air.. and Mrs. Incredible has to save your cart, you'll hear stretching arms and legs as she's fighting and air will shoot past you like darts on Indy... Of course when Lavendar uses her shields, you'll see big flashes of purple/white light (they'll take your picture here)... And it all ends with a climating boom and you help take down the villian... the ny ou return to the testing facility and you're congradulated by the superheroes in a video message as you're leaving into the photo viewing area.

=)

neffyh
10-17-2005, 05:34 PM
A ride named The Lost Temple. It would look something like a pyramid with a big drop, like Splash Mountain

1. The ride would be based on the Disney Movie Atlantis.
2. It would be located on a whole new water theme park called Disney's Atlantis Adventure.
3. The ride would consist of carved stone cars, that would tell stories of the lost continent.
4. The first setting (room) would be a remake of the continent and all its glory. The second room would be show you of the people culture. The third room would be the last room and would show you a rendering of the distruction of Atlantis and then you would rise up into a glowing light like in the movie, then you drop at a higher peek than Splash Mountain.
5.It would be big. The rooms are big and would have some drops and stuff. I dont know what the last room will be but Ill think of it.

mkcbunny
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM
How about a combo SIM/3D/track ride like Spider-Man at Universal IOA Florida, based on Aladdin's magic carpet ride? It could go into the cave of wonders, up into the sky, over Agrabah ... I suppose the cave part might be too much like Indy, but it would have SIM images and 3-D glasses and such.

I'll have to think on that for a bit. I would love a ride based on Beauty and the Beast, but I'm not sure it would make a great ride. I just love the movie.

pisces
10-18-2005, 07:17 AM
I'd like a Race For Atlantis, similar to what Caesars Palace used to have, but I want this to be a total sensory experience where cars/logs are actually racing around a twisty, jerky track.

You put the 3-D glasses, once you enter the moving log as you race around a track with lots of twisty turns, drops, and you absolutely get wet. The 3-D Imax screen is a dome that rotates, and that you are completely surrounded by on all sides, and the ceiling, as you twist and turn throughout the track.

Actually, they'd have to make 3-D goggles, because the logs go so fast, and get wet, with the jerky turns and such.