PDA

View Full Version : Magical Moments

Enter The Mouse
10-16-2005, 07:34 PM
What were your most magical moments you can remember in Disneyland?

mi_mous
10-16-2005, 07:37 PM
Perhaps this is a little too Hollywood. It has always been one of my dreams to meet Julie Andrews.
When we went on May 5th, we heard this man say, "she's over there in white". I had no idea who he was talking about, but figured I would go look. It was her!! Of course, I didn't get to meet her in person, but that made my day.
I later found out that a lot of other stars were at the castle ceremony, but it was soo crowded, and we had kids with us who were fussy, so we skipped it. But, seeing Julie Andrews at Disneyland made my whole 50th!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I get goose bumps just thinking about our trips to the park.
I think the most magical was taking my boys and seeing the smile and look on their faces, when they meet the characters and enjoy something I have grown up loving.
Seeing the snow on Main Street after the fireworks last year, and singing a White Christmas, got me teary eyed too.

TDBearGrrl
10-17-2005, 04:28 AM
I have two 'Most Magical Disney Memories'

The first one was 2 1/2 years ago on my 33rd birthday. My partner took me to the GCH for the weekend. I got the birthday button as soon as we checked in. We spend a couple of hours of DCA and noticed that there were a couple of what looked like groups of newly hired cast members on a tour of some kind.

A little while later we were sitting in the lobby of the Grand (something I can do for hours) and the two cast member tour groups (about 15 or so people) came through. They saw my button and started signing 'Happy Birthday' to me. The pianist joined in and started playing! I think just about everyone in the lobby joined in the singing!

The second was on July 17th of this year. Walking down Main Street that morning, with all the Cast Members waving, clapping, saying "Welcome Home", "Happy Birthday". It was beautiful!!!

GrimmGreen
10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
though it was not really for me , the Dapper Dans sang happy birthday to my brother last june on main street , good times

crazi4dlr
10-17-2005, 11:57 AM
After being homeless for 2 years, in 2004 my husband and I finally made enough money to take all 3 of our kids to DLR. Our oldest was 20 and had been there several times with her aunt and grandmother but our 14 yr old son and our 7 yr old daughter had never been. The first evening we were there my husband was so tired from the drive down that I took the kids to the park for the night. Now this was before the 50th so it was the old fireworks display but at about 9:15 the four of us were walking past the castle by the well and we found a spot to stop and watch the fireworks. I used to love to see the fireworks at DL when I was growing up and now I got to watch them with my kids and see the look on their faces when Tinkerbell took her flight from the Matterhorn. As corny as it sounds, I began to cry. I finally got to share my love of Disneyland and the magic with my kids. That's my magical moment and it is priceless.

percytheguineapig
10-18-2005, 10:21 AM
My wife and I got to ride in the wheelhouse onboard the Mark Twain several years ago. As we were on the back side of Tom Sawyers Island, I heard the train approaching. The cast member let me toot the whistle "shave and a haircut", and the train answered "2 bits" with it's whistle. Then the train tooted out "shave and haircut", and I responded with the "2 bits" toot. That was a big deal for me, simple though it was.

Donald Duck Fan68
10-18-2005, 03:05 PM
My son, who was about 1 at the time, got a personal serenading by a New Orleans saxaphone player. The sax player just loved the setup we for my son's stroller: a fan, a snack tray, cup holder, and the like. Anyway, my son was just as awestruck by the sax player's performance. It was priceless and something I'll never forget. Glad my wife got some pictures too!

tod
10-18-2005, 04:14 PM
There have been so many...

Coming out of the railroad tunnel above Frontierland one chilly night, seeing the meadow where they later built Videopolis covered by low fog illuminated by those '50s-style mushroom-shaped translucent green lights they used. It looked like a fairyland.
Wearing a Jeopardy! sweatshirt and being serenaded by the Fantasyland Brass doing an impromptu version of the Jeopardy! theme. Nobody knew how it ended, we all found out at the same time.
Walking on the Big Thunder Trail to Frontierland late one night, cresting the rise and watching the Mark Twain's lights reflected in the Rivers of America as she pulled around the river bend in the crystal-clear darkness.
Watching Donald Duck backing up as he posed for pictures by the Mad Hatter, and warning him, "Donald! You're right by the curb!" He slid a webbed foot back, felt the curb, and turned around and gave me a grateful salute. Which I returned.
Sitting on the Fire Engine in the Fire House with The Lovely Mrs. tod and having Chip and Dale walk up and demand my camera, which Chip used to take a picture of me and The Lovely Mrs. tod. Dale, of course, was nowhere near. We have the picture. We're laughing hysterically for no apparent reason.
Getting admitted to Walt's apartment, and making it a point to check out the shower with the four shower heads.
Watching the band get on the Carrousel and play The William Tell Overture. Fast.
The false ending to Believe! There's Magic In The Stars, which brought tears to my eyes the first few times I would see it each year.
The loud, low, deep hum that indicated the Main Street Electrical Parade was coming. I still don't know what "electro synthe-magnetic musical sound" is.
The catch in my throat every time I walk through the west tunnel. Not so much in the east tunnel, but the west tunnel hits me like a ton of bricks. Maybe it's the Emporium.

--t