PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Coffee Cart

cemeinke
03-08-2002, 08:33 AM
I was happy to see the coffee cart return to the hub (I know, I know, I've heard all your insider tales of various infestations). It's one of my favorite places to grab some pastry and mocha before heading to the drawbridge to visit Not Afraid's Swans.

Unfortunately, I notices as part of its rehab it got some new signage - Mocha's are now $4.00 even. Ouch! I may have to switch to hot chocolate.

Not Afraid
03-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Flubber, you'd better hurry up with that Mocha you owe me before the prices get even higher.;)

Dreamstaker
03-08-2002, 09:48 AM
There is a Casablanca just south of Euclid on Katella that has an excellent Mocha for $2.20 (large). I say stop and pick one up on the way to the park.

Lani
03-08-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Unfortunately, I notices as part of its rehab it got some new signage - Mocha's are now $4.00 even. Ouch! I may have to switch to hot chocolate. Ouch! I can't remember if they used REAL espresso -- or is this like a 7-Eleven push-button gadget? You can always buy a hot chocolate and add your own instant coffee crystals into it!! :p

Hyperboy
03-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Yummmm there's nothing like a mocha with rat poo to brighten up an otherwise dull day at Disneyland. Never ever ever buy something from that cart! :(

Polar33
03-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by lani
Ouch! I can't remember if they used REAL espresso -- or is this like a 7-Eleven push-button gadget? You can always buy a hot chocolate and add your own instant coffee crystals into it!! :p

The Cappuccino wagon used to use a La Cimbali M51 C200 (http://www.cimbali.it/e_m51c200.htm). Now we use a 100%-powder-fully-automatic-push-button machine (can't remember what model though). The machine is MUCH faster than the one we used to have, cutting down on the mile long line, but the quality is a bit lower. It also dosn't require a masters degree to operate like the La Cimbali did. As for the higher price...it's most likely no more than you would pay at the Blue Ribbon Bakery or the Mint Julip Bar, tax is included and rounded up to the nearest quarter however. Foods management sets the prices to keep everything the same resort wide...no price wars at Disneyland, the money ends up in the same place eventually. :)