Trip Reports
10-16-2005, 06:04 PM
* Time of Year: Spring
* Travel Method: Plane, Rental Car
* Resort: Offsite
* Accommodations
* Ages Represented in Group: Adult
* Disneyland Experience Represented in Group: Infrequent
* Comments: Another business trip took me to LA in the Spring of 1994, and Barb and I were able to spend some time at Disneyland again. This time we stayed at the Holiday Inn Maingate.

This was a relatively short trip.

We decided to stay at the the Holiday Inn Anaheim Center on this trip, because we really didn't like the Holiday Inn Maingate on our last trip. We found the Maingate, where we stayed in 1993) to be a bit on the dingy side and the bus service to the park wasn't very good, either.

The Holiday Inn Anaheim Center is a very nice hotel. It's located north of Disneyland, just on the other side of I-5, on Harbor Boulevard. It's not really close enough to walk, but the bus service proved to be more reliable here than at Maingate. We also found the grounds, and especially the pool area, to be much nicer. The pool is located in a courtyard, and is surrounded by the hotel. It's pretty quiet there, as long as the pool isn't filled with families. We also had the privilege of watching the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks from our room balcony one night (actually, it's an open air hallway that runs the length of the hotel.

We also made reservations at Aladdin's Oasis for the dinner show. The food was OK, but the show was a blast. I don't think that this restaurant is open as a dinner show any longer. It's too bad, it was fun.
Major discoveries:

* The Holiday Inn Anaheim Center is a nice hotel to stay at when visiting Disneyland.
* Aladdin's Oasis was mostly just fun, but the line to make the reservations in the morning were a pain.

Brian Bennett