PDA

View Full Version : Where to meet characters?

Wiggler
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM
We have never taken our 3 y.o. to DL, only to WDW (3 times!), and are curious about where to meet the characters. At the MK at WDW, there is the Toontown hall of fame that is wonderful. I know growing up at DL, there was always a mad rush on the characters, and I was hoping that they were able to come up with a better way to handle character greetings. Also, I was wondering if there were choices of character meals, like at WDW. I can't wait to take her to my favorite park! THANKS!!

Susan L
10-16-2005, 12:54 PM
You can also meet characters in Toontown at Disneyland. Characters at Disneyland roam all over the park. Pooh, Tiger, Piglet are in Criter Country. You might see Peter and Wendy playing hide and seek with Captain Hook on Main Street. You can see Mickey and others also on Main Street close to the train station. The princesses can be seen in Fantasyland and Main Street. The Mad Hatter and Alice stroll around Tomarrowland, Fantasyland and Main Street. You won't have a hard time finding characters.

As for character meals there is Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel, variety of characters and our favorite. Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian Hotel, I think it is Chip and Dale. PCH Grill at the Paradise Pier Hotel, Lilo and Stitch. The Plaza Inn at Disneyland, I believe it is Minnie and Friends now. Ariel's Grotto at California Adventure, I'm not sure but I think it is Mickey with a nautical theme.

DangerMouse
10-16-2005, 02:30 PM
Actually, Ariel's Grotto, in DCA, has the princesses (including Ariel with legs!) for a character meals now. I've heard it's a good menu as well.

Another great place to greet some of the characters is at the "Character Close-Up" in the Animation Studio in DCA. They have three characters at a time that you get to meet and greet. You can usually catch other Pixar characters outside the Animation Studio. I've seen the Incredibles, Chicken Little, Ugly Duckling, Cruella DeVille, Max and Goofy.

I also love the princess' stories at the Castle princess shop in DL. You can ask for a schedule of which princesses will be performing. The shows are at 11:30, 12:30 and 1:30, I believe.

If there is someone specific you are trying to find, you can either ask at City Hall or at the Information kiosk on the Coke Corner side of Main Street near the hub. There is normally a CM who has a schedule of all the characters and where they can be located at any given time.

Have a great trip!