PDA

View Full Version : watching fireworks from outside DL

potzbie
10-16-2005, 06:26 AM
I had a consulting job Saturday at the Anaheim Hilton (a convention).
It was nearly 9:30 when I drove out of the parking structure of the Hilton.
I saw the fireworks from my car.
I drove north on Harbor Boulevard, to get on the I-5.
I was watching for the fireworks, still.

You know, even with no soundtrack, those fireworks are pretty darn spectacular.

The colors! I forgot that GREEN is one of the colors of the fireworks.
The display is what I usually remember, but without a soundtrack, the COLOR of the fireworks is what struck me.

The sound, too. -- The echo of the explosions was bouncing off the Anaheim Hilton and the south high-rise hotels, so, with my windows down, I heard double-pops, while waiting for the light to change at Katella Ave.
That sound is impressive.

I got on the Golden State Freeway going northbound.
I could still see the fireworks.

My! The spread of the fireworks is impressive too. -- By "spread" I mean that a viewer cannot tell the source of the fireworks, since the explosions are spread quite wide across the sky.
The spread suggested that the whole resort area was covered.
The explosions were not just occurring in one fixed area of the sky, like a city Fourth of July kind of fireworks, but using as much of the sky as if all lands in DL were the source of the launches of the rockets.

If a driver on the I-5 did not know that Disneyland was nearby, a driver would have thought that the fireworks were positioned to entertain drivers on the Golden State Freeway.

I had to mention this to someone.--It was that memorable.
So I thought I would post it on MousePlanet.

Werner
10-16-2005, 05:11 PM
Cool observations, Potzbie. I have also wondered about unwitting drivers being surprised by the show! Almost makes you wonder why there haven't been terrible freeway snafus (consider how traffic will slow to a crawl for accident scenes). I guess most drivers are "accustomed" to the spectacle; however I bet those same drivers would slow down to catch a glimpse of even someone just changing a tire (oh my gosh, look at that, Harriet -- I've never seen THAT before!) LOL

I'm glad you got to see the show from a different perspective, and thanks for sharing.:)