PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's [Halloween Treat] on the 21st?

mi_mous
10-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Is anyone going to be at the Not so Spooky Halloween on October 21st?? If so, maybe we could all post what we are dressing up as, and see if we can find each other??
Also, if anyone has an extra ticket, I would love to purchase it from you, if you are not going to use it! My husband just informed me he has the day off, and I would love for him to be there with us!!
We are doing a Peter Pan theme this year.
I am going as Wendy, DD as Tinkerbell, DS as Peter Pan, and DH as Captain Hook. My mom is going we well, but just in a Halloween shirt, since we couldn't figure out a Peter Pan themed costume for her. (Any suggestions this late??):)

TDBearGrrl
10-16-2005, 06:42 AM
Do you mean Mickey's Halloween Treat?

If so, yes I will be there on the 21st. I will be a flower (based on the new pooh plush in a flower costume)

GrumpyGoofyGuy
10-16-2005, 07:11 AM
You could have your mom dress up as Hook's sidekick Mr. Smee.:D

EmmasMom
10-16-2005, 07:19 AM
Emma will be dressed up as Tinker Bell also. I will wear a Halloween t shirt that says "Haunted by the voices in my head". My mother and brother will be dressed as Disneyland tourists.

The adults are not wearing costumes beause we want to go to Disneyland after.

Chiidesu
10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
OMG it's this Friday I am sooooooooooooooooooo hyped :D Has Disney put up a schedule or any details besides "a few rides will be open" or "there's going to be games" yet? ): I really want to know so I can plan things!

I'll be going in a kimono(except shortened) thing, so yeah! And my boyfriend doesn't even know what he's going to dress as... ::(

olegc
10-16-2005, 01:36 PM
OMG it's this Friday I am sooooooooooooooooooo hyped :D Has Disney put up a schedule or any details besides "a few rides will be open" or "there's going to be games" yet? ): I really want to know so I can plan things!

I'll be going in a kimono(except shortened) thing, so yeah! And my boyfriend doesn't even know what he's going to dress as... ::(

i went to DCA guest relations last wed and was told nothing is in writing - but they have characters in costume walking around, other official meet-and-greet locations for characters in costume, and trick or treat stations around the parks. there will be activities like bobbing for apples, etc. there will be special music played (did not specify whether it was live or recorded) and they confirmed that there will be NO special parade for the event. ALso - only open areas of the park will be Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Bug's land, and portions of Paradise Pier (not the whole thing). so - no soarin', no gRR, no anything over there... i even asked specifically about soarin - and they said no it will not be open.

greenscreenltd
10-16-2005, 03:42 PM
i went to DCA guest relations last wed...there will be activities like bobbing for apples, etc....

Wow, bobbing for apples with a large group of anonymous strangers on park property?

Holy public health issues and legal ramifications, Batman.

olegc
10-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Wow, bobbing for apples with a large group of anonymous strangers on park property?

hey - i never said MY kids would participate ;)

mi_mous
10-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the input, and info! I look forward to seeing you there, if we can run into each other.

olegc
10-16-2005, 07:58 PM
well, we're there on the 22nd - and my two boys (9 and 5) decided to be Jack sparrow - with bones showing! so we took the image from the disney catalog and copied the costume very closely. they look great!

Baloo
10-16-2005, 07:58 PM

i have seen cities do "bobbimg for apples" before but instead of the apples in water they are hunged by strings and the persons competing need to try to be the first to bit one with their teeth. After the competition all participants keep the apple they slobbered and the winner also gets a prize

cstephens
10-17-2005, 11:07 AM
With the downpour last night that accompanied the strobe-light-bright lightning and crashing thunder, I was hoping it would all be gone by Friday since I don't imagine doing the Halloween Treat in the rain would be much fun. I looked at the forecast, which calls for bright and sunny! YEAH! Hmmm, gotta go look up the start time for the Treat to see if we can sneak in a dinner with the new menu...

sunnyca
10-19-2005, 05:07 PM
I was trying to find a trip summary from someone who's been already. Can someone help me? I'm curious to know what to expect. It sounds like some rides will be open. Is that true? Help!

Chiidesu
10-19-2005, 05:32 PM
I was trying to find a trip summary from someone who's been already. Can someone help me? I'm curious to know what to expect. It sounds like some rides will be open. Is that true? Help!

Check back the night after the first MHT(this friday) :p Unless you're going the same night and looking for information before then ): All I know is trick-or-treating(of course), games, pretty sure some rides will be open(hopefully at least ToT!) and characters(in halloween costumes?) will be available. I might have report and pictures up by that night, so check back around 12 maybe.

olegc
10-20-2005, 08:24 AM

there is no trip summary because they have not ever held this event yet (well, at DCA - and at Disneyland it was 10 yrs ago). I posted comments above in the thread about what Guest Relations said. Nothing in print, however, so it seems like everything will be up in the air until the first night.

DaddyB
10-20-2005, 08:32 AM
I was at DCA yesterday, and I can tell you that they have decorations and temporary speaker poles set up all around the reflecting sun thing. Not the whole plaza area, just right around the innercourtyard of the sun sculpture.

They also have the shops in the Bountiful Farm area with swag decorations on them.

Those are the only areas of the park that I noticed had any harvest fest/halloween decoration aleady up.