PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 - Ebay the only way?

kkmickey
10-15-2005, 01:18 PM
HI -
I am making a very special trip to Disneyland in February (8-11) and have seen posts in the past about Club 33 dinners auctioned on ebay, etc. Besides joining (which costs $$$ and takes years, as I understand), do I have any other options if I want to take my friends to a 0nce-in-a-lifetime meal at Club 33?

This trip is meaningful because friend #1 had NEVER been to Disneyland, and I took her for the first time on her 40th birthday. Now she and her family are Disney-lovers. I met friend #2, and when we were introduced, our other friend said, "She is the only person I know who loves Disneyland as much as you." Of course, we became 'bosom friends' immediately!
In 2004, all three of us went to Disneyland together (no kids) for my 40th birthday. And this year we are going to celebrate friend #1's 50th birthday and friend #2's 40th birthday (as well as Disney's 50th anniversary).

I can think of NOTHING better than to take them to Club 33. I know many others have this dream as well, and I looked on Ebay to see if anything was being auctioned, but to no avail.

10-15-2005, 02:03 PM
Sometimes there are charity fundraisers for brunch/lunch/dinner at Club 33.

kkmickey
10-15-2005, 02:20 PM
if this was taken as a solicitation. I am just looking for any other auctions that may be available. Thanks :)

PrincessAmie
10-15-2005, 02:38 PM
Talk about it with friends and family. You never know who has connections. We got the chance to go because my cousin was in purchasing for a scuba gear manufaturer and she had a vendor that had a membership. Then gave her access as a kickdown. I never would have thought that would be the connection.

JeffG
10-15-2005, 03:01 PM
If you do go the Ebay route, make absolutely certain that you are only bidding on official Disney-originated auctions (if there are any, they will almost certainly be for charity). Members are not permitted to sell reservations and Disney will typically work with Ebay to shut down any unauthorized auctions. If you did buy one that way, there is a good chance you would find your reservation cancelled on you.

As others noted, your best bet is simply to ask around your circle of friends and family to see if you can find someone that is a member or has a close connection who is. You might also ask your employer if they have access to the Club (and are at all willing to help out) as many companies do purchase memberships as well.

That said, while Club 33 is a cool place to visit, I wouldn't get too focused on it or be upset if you can't make arrangements. There are plenty of more easily available ways to make a visit to DLR very special.

-Jeff

KDR
12-27-2005, 01:07 AM
Last I heard, the Club had revised their policy and online auctions are no longer allowed. Club members can donate reservations to charities, but only for private, in-person auctions. Like some of the fundraising things that people do for private schools.

So it's unlikely you'll find anything online anymore.