PDA

View Full Version : Early entry [When does the train start running?]

BalooNumberTwo
10-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Okay, what exactly is included in Early entry? Does the train run at all? And are the crowds really that light?

Okay sorry, i knew i should have searched for this before i posted....found all my answers!

the only thing is...does the train run?

10-16-2005, 07:54 AM
Would you want to spend early entry on the train?

BalooNumberTwo
10-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Would you want to spend early entry on the train?

No, but in the beginning, i thought it would be a magical way for the 8 other people that i am going with, that have never seen disneyland...to get a over view of almost everything.....we are going to be there for three days. So...i am sure we will have the chance to do that...i just want the first couple of hours in the park to be the most magical.

geoffa
10-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Okay, what exactly is included in Early entry? Does the train run at all? And are the crowds really that light?

Okay sorry, i knew i should have searched for this before i posted....found all my answers!

the only thing is...does the train run?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the train usually running around the Park before it opens - maybe a couple of trips or so? Then, of course, its running as you make your early entry. A round trip can't be more than 20 -25 minutes at most even with the stops.:fez:

Captain Josh
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
The train opens with the rest of the park.

On early entry days, Fantasyland, and Space Mountain and Buzz are the only things open, I think. So taking the train around would just shuttle you to a bunch of closed things.

Round trips are 20-25 minutes, depending on how fast guests load and unload and how the engineers run. It takes about 5 minutes for a train to reach the next station. We usually run 3 trains on a busy day, which means a train should run about every 5 minutes to a station.

And last, yes we do run a train before park opening, but that is as part of preliminary checks on the track before we let anyone on.

disneyhound
10-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Some years back, when I booked a package through Disney's website, they were including a package extra called "Magic Morning". We arrived early before the park opened, boarded the train at Main Street Station, rode over to the Tomorrowland station, where we departed. We had breakfast at the Buzz lightyear stage area, there were some characters there, and then we rode Autopia and Space Mountain a couple times before the rope drop! Great way to enter the park, made the morning really special!