PDA

View Full Version : Playin the Corner Cafe Piano

jpeben
10-15-2005, 12:28 AM
I went to the park friday (btw I always go every friday join me!) and was waiting for the fireworks when suddenly the piano player popped out from back stage and started playing. I'm a piano major at Chapman University so this was very interesting for me. He noticed me watching him play and there was like a big crowd around and he asked me to play something. So I say ok and I sit down and bust out the Mozart Piano Concerto in A Major in front of like 400 people. It was awesome I never dreamed I would perform in Disneyland!

Clotho
10-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Oooh! Great story! How fun! Congrats on your "Dinseyland Debut"!

Whittibo
10-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Oh how I wish I could play the piano! I tried, but was an adult with 3 little kids, didn't have any time to practice. I was going to force my girls to play, but finances just don't allow for lessons, they are EXPENSIVE! I won't give up my dream of my girls playing. It's in our blood! My grandma was self taught on the organ and piano, and so it has to of come down to my kids right! ;)

Congratulations on your performance! I have never even SEEN a piano in Disneyland. (Sheesh, I have got to pay more attention.)

Did the audience know you were just a guest? Did they applaud? I would have been in awe of the whole thing and sat and watched forever!

Rhiannon8404
10-15-2005, 08:30 AM
That is so cool! What a great experience. Congratulations! Wish I could have been there to clap for you.

jpeben
10-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Oh how I wish I could play the piano! I tried, but was an adult with 3 little kids, didn't have any time to practice. I was going to force my girls to play, but finances just don't allow for lessons, they are EXPENSIVE! I won't give up my dream of my girls playing. It's in our blood! My grandma was self taught on the organ and piano, and so it has to of come down to my kids right! ;)

Congratulations on your performance! I have never even SEEN a piano in Disneyland. (Sheesh, I have got to pay more attention.)

Did the audience know you were just a guest? Did they applaud? I would have been in awe of the whole thing and sat and watched forever!

Yes and yes! It was so awesome. Never give up on your dream! I started out teaching my self and then started taking formal lessons. There really is no bad thing about teaching yourself except that you could develop some nasty technique habits which could take a long time to overcome. Good luck and there was two pianos: one right in front of the Corner Cafe and then another one down the way by the pin trading booths.

geoffa
10-15-2005, 12:00 PM
If you are into the kinda piano they play at the Corner Cafe try the Chris Calabrese album -Ragtime at the Magic Kingdom.

And yes I wish I had learned to play the piano - I had a music teacher who could hear a new pop tune or whatever and just sit down and rattle it off - he would also treat us to fugues of "Three Blind Mice" and other nursery rhymes at school assemblies. I am so envious of anyone who can sit down and play that instrument. They say it's never to late to learn.......:fez: