PDA

View Full Version : Will California Screamin' be open this weekend?

leotatoombs
10-14-2005, 12:13 PM
Just wondered? I thought I saw something on here about it opening today!:D Is this true? any recent riders?

Alex S.
10-14-2005, 01:02 PM
According to what I've been told, California Screamin' did open this morning and should be open this weekend.

tod
10-14-2005, 02:32 PM
According to what I've been told, California Screamin' did open this morning and should be open this weekend.

I heard that on the radio today. And if anything goes wrong, we'll certainly hear about that, so I would say no news is good news.

--t

Whittibo
10-14-2005, 02:42 PM
SHOOT! Yet another reason to go back already. I have to stop reading or I'll drive myself crazy!

AVP
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
This is what was released to cast members:

California Screamin' Update

Late Thursday, DOSH issued its report on the July 29 incident on California Screamin'.

"We agree with the DOSH report that the incident was caused by 'several pneumatic quick exhaust valve failures.' We have taken the necessary corrective actions specified by DOSH, including replacing the type of components that failed and enhancing the brake air supply system. DOSH has approved the reopening of the attraction and we plan to reopen it tomorrow morning, when Disney's California Adventure opens.

"We have notified all other Disney parks and verified that these particular valves do not exist on our other roller coasters. We also are sharing our Service Bulletin regarding the cause of the incident with the theme park industry via the National Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officials and other amusement safety organizations."

Greg Hale
Chief Safety Officer
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

holgirl
10-14-2005, 03:12 PM
The LA Times said it will open today...

Gandalf
10-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Boy, that's great news - I wonder how busy it was today. I've been on Screamin a few times, but it's been awhile. My son and friends bought tickets to the Halloween Event and are going to be happy that it might be available to ride that night (if it is open for riders). I wonder if Disney is going to be concerned of costumes getting in the way of riding it. Now I wish I had bought tickets but I thought it would be too crowded. It would have been a lot of fun with only 5,000 getting in each night.

Darkbeer
10-14-2005, 09:41 PM
I can confirm it opened today, in fact, had a chance to ride it a few hours ago... the wait wasn't bad, and the braking at the end is a LOT smoother than before the accident.

Also, they added pouches to hold your belongings on the trains... and the fact they didn't fix the music. (Our train didn't have any tunes).

Photos should be up shortly....

TowerofTerror
10-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Well thank for saying its open today.What was the wait time for it today Darkbeer.

Darkbeer
10-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Stand By was about 20 minutes, return time for FASTPASS was 40 minutes, the minimum, as was ToT and GRR.

disneyhound
10-15-2005, 05:10 AM
I can confirm it opened today... and the fact they didn't fix the music. (Our train didn't have any tunes)...I would be stunned if Disney did not utilize a three month down time to fix little things like the music! The ride is definately more exciting with the audio portion included. Maybe they did not turn it on, so they could hear the guest reactions during the breaking segment, or lack there of...

Doug
10-15-2005, 04:42 PM
5,000 people in where? DCA?

Boy, that's great news - I wonder how busy it was today. I've been on Screamin a few times, but it's been awhile. My son and friends bought tickets to the Halloween Event and are going to be happy that it might be available to ride that night (if it is open for riders). I wonder if Disney is going to be concerned of costumes getting in the way of riding it. Now I wish I had bought tickets but I thought it would be too crowded. It would have been a lot of fun with only 5,000 getting in each night.

Noah
10-15-2005, 05:05 PM
DisneyHound:
Unfortunatly since the 3 month down time was unscheduled and due to very bad and (could have been much much worse) circumstances, the main priority was to have the State agencies investigate the cause of crash and then determine what needs to be replaced or repaired to bring it back to a safe and functioning operating level. With talk of over 300 air valves needing to be replaced along with testing and investigation all occuring in a short few months there would be no time to work on very low priority items such as cosmetics or onboard audio (as great as it is) I believe that when Screaming goes down for a scheduled long term refurb (probably after the holidays as some speculate) the audio and the cosmetic items (such as rusty paint etc) will probably be taken care of (at least one can only hope) :) I do think we are lucky to see the ride even open at all at this point, since it could have been a much investigative report and repair schedule.

Gandalf
10-15-2005, 06:16 PM
5,000 people in where? DCA?
Yup, It turns out the lucky ones that got tickets for the Disneyland Halloween Event only have to contend with 5,000 Event guests each night over in DCA. My son and his friends are excited that it's a costumed Event with music and such. I tried to talk him out of them, since he's also going to Knott's Scary Farm but no deal!