PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 10/5-7

G-Ville Knee-Kill
10-14-2005, 11:55 AM
Ok, so 10/5 me and my girlfriend wake up at 3:40 to get to the Reno airport by 5:30 to fly at 6:30, get to the OC at 9. Terrible car pick up. But fate always works itself out. The Annabella concierge recomended this car service. "$55 from the Airport to the hotel. That's pretty good considering a cab will cost you close to $70." I called them. I think it was American VIP transportation or something like that. The guy told me he didn't have anything for that day. I told him i spoke with Alex. "Alex is out of town." Said he would come in about 20 minutes. I was curious and just acquired 20 minutes of waiting so i asked the transportation desk. "How much $ to get me to Disneyland?" (considering Annabella is next to the park.) The attendent tells me "$40 for a cab. But the Super Shuttle goes constantly for $10" So we just saved ourselves $35. We got to knotts by about 11:45. Dead. We walked on every ride. I really wanted to go to Knott's scary farm that night because everything was really set up for that but were did the park so quickly. I got on every ride i wanted to and we had done all the rides we felt like as many times until 2:30 came around and we were both over it. We met up with my parents. Ate the chicken dinner. Got back to the hotel. Asleep by 8:30 due to the long day and lack of sleep. Next day up early for Disneyland. Ate at Tiffy's, they took awhile but we were early so it didn't really matter. Got to the park. We were being held up on main street until the parked opened. I have been waiting so long for Space Mountain, we had to do that first. I remember the days of going there first thing and getting all the way to the loading room before the line started. Those days are gone for now, as we were heading to the ride, i noticed everyone else had the same idea. I went to get fast passes as my parents and girlfriend waited in line. As soon as it opened it was a 40-50 minute wait. Maybe a little less. I have to say it was so good. I loved it just like i used to. Not disapointed at all. Especially since i was in Florida in MAy and that Space Mountain sucks in comparison to the DL one, the new one really isn't that different. Que, yes, beginning yes, but the track seemed the same, just a lot smoother. But i loved it. I liked the old music more, though. Honestly, the real weird space one. After that, it was the Storybook Land, Matterhorn, Then a huge treat was the Haunted MAnsion. I loved the holiday overlay. Absolutely. I thought it was a great change and I thought the changes were a lot more than expected. Pretty cool all n all though. Then we got on splash because we got fast passes. But we noticed they didn't hardly have line outside of the indoor que. Crazy. Splash was awesome. We then went on Pirates I think. Then we walked on Big Thunder, it was insane, not only did we walk on this ride, but they didn't even have enough people to fill the cars all the way up. We then went to lunch at the River something cafe inside Grand Californian right next to the spa. That place has really good food for the prices(kind of high) and you get a decent amount of food with it. Then we went into DCA, we waited 15 minutes to get on Grizzly Rapids at 1:30. We then went on Muholland Madness, Sun Wheel, Bugs life, Tower of Terror and Soarin. We went back to Disneyland. Got on Indy, back on splash, BTM, SPace and MAtterhorn before we left. Wetzel Pretzel and Jamba Juice express dinner to catch the end of Survivor. Next day was not the same. Black to white. We got there early again before it opened. Me and my girlfriend split from my parents. We went on Alice, Pinnochio, snow white, Casey JR, Haunted Mansion, Splash mountain, Gadgets go coaster, Roger Rabbit. then Autopia. And that was all by about 12 and it opened at 9, thought it would be the same. WRONG. right about then we noticed the plethora of crowds moving in. Space mountain was 75 minutes, splash was 60. Even DCA was fairly busy. We went to a pizza shop with Italian beef sandwiches and took a good break from the day. We got back at about 4 or something. went on Grizzly again. And then we went back to DL, got fast passes for indy and may memory gets foggy, but ended up getting chowder bowls at the pier in DCA, got on Indy and splash and BTM before we got stuck in the huge crowd before the fireworks. Didn't want to deal with the huge crowds so we left at about 9 and she went shopping. I thought it was one of the best trips ever, If screamin was opened it would have been perfect though.