PDA

View Full Version : Rain [and ride closures]

princess- ada
10-14-2005, 04:28 AM
Does any one know what rides they usually close at Disneyland when it rains? We are heading down tomorrow and the forcast looks like rain on Sunday and Monday.
Thanks!!!

disneyhound
10-14-2005, 04:37 AM
Does any one know what rides they usually close at Disneyland when it rains?...Tea Cups, Alice in Wonderland are the first rides in Fantasyland to close; I think. Most everything stays open! The parades and fireworks can get cancelled...

Whittibo
10-14-2005, 07:26 AM
What a bummer! I am sorry the weather isn't looking too good. The good news is, even when it rains in DL, it's not horrible down pouring type rain. (at least in MY experience.. I am sure that it does rain pretty hard sometimes).

We were there last year and it was raining/pouring.. but it seemed to only rain in the morning (before we got to the park) and in the middle of the night, and it was horrible type rain!

nightdesigns
10-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Chance of T-Storms this weekend. If that starts, any ride that is outdoors basically shuts down until the storm passes. Was there a few weeks ago during one, not so fun.

twist1980
10-14-2005, 09:13 AM
The main thing you have to worry about is lightning. Luckily there aren't too many lightning storms along the west coast, because they basically shut down any outdoor ride. I've experienced that in Orlando.

The good thing about DLR in the rain is a lot of the queues are inside so you can still wait in line without getting totally soaked! Plus there will be all the rain-phobic people who will avoid the rain (and the park) because they might melt! :) So less crowds, yeah!

Alice Fan
10-14-2005, 09:21 AM
One of the best times we ever had at Disneyland was in the pouring rain on a Superbowl Sunday. This was a long time ago, I guess 1992 or 93? There was hardly ANYONE there, we just bought some of the yellow Mickey rain ponchos and continued on! The only thing I remember closing (or not playing I guess is a better description) was that stage show in Tomorrowland that used to rise up out of the ground. It rained last November while we were there, too...nothing closed that I noticed (but we didn't go into Fantasyland). We drank lots of hot chocolate and had a great time!

ILovePoker
10-14-2005, 09:37 AM
If crowds are non-existant, maybe you could visit California Screamin. I hear it's open today, yet there's not a thread about it.:D