PDA

View Full Version : Best time at Fantasyland

mariogarza
10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
I wonder which is generally the less crowded time at Fantasyland during the day?

The thing is that on my next trip on December (from Sat 17 to Thursday 22) and I was planning on buying a 4 day Park Hopper, so that on the day we arrive we could get to the pool and go to eat something at DD, and I'm not counting the last day because or return flight is at 11am.

So, I'm considering buying a 5 day Park Hopper so that after the swim we could go to Fantasyland...I'd like to get all of the Fantasyland rides so that on Sunday we start at Adventureland...I'm planning on getting there around 6pm...and just focus on Fantasyland....(the truth is that this will be my first time on the Holidays and I want my first impression of IASWH to be amazing with the lights on, that's why I want Fantasyland on the night)....

Do you think I could do all Fantasyland at night on that Saturday??? Or am I going to get some bad crowds there?? on that night I'm not planning any entertainment....just Fantasyland rides....

StonePrincess
10-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Fantasyland usually emptys out after the fireworks. However Peter Pan and the Storybook Boats are the exception. (These have long lines no matter what time it is.) Dumbo is also a ride that usually has a long line, but I don't remember how it is at night.
But later at night you can hit Snow White, Pinocchio’s, the Carousel, Casey Jr,'s Train, Teacups and Alice almost all together.

IASW will also have a long line throughout the day and night since it's all pretty for the Holidays! :D

That said, here's a trick, at least for Peter Pan. Should you find yourself in Fantasyland during the fireworks go towards Peter Pan as if you were coming from Mr. Toads. They have the area in front of Peter Pan, and Snow White's ropes off because of the castle fireworks. They will start a line either during the fireworks or right at the end. Try to get in this line as soon as possible and you'll have a short line for PP's. (True you will have to wait through the fireworks, but most of the rides in Fantasyland shut down anyways. )

Wow...sorry that's a lot. I hope it helps though!

WITron
10-13-2005, 08:47 PM
The only thing that I could think of that would put a wrinkle in your plan is when they close down the rides inside the castle area for the fireworks. If you get those done either before or after you should do fine. I don't know what ages your kids are or if you have kids, but that also factors into things as they will want to ride their favorites over and over. Last time we were there it was hard for us to get our DD off Dumbo.

mariogarza
10-13-2005, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info!
I guess we could do all of the rides down the castle before the fireworks, so that I'll be around the matterhorn at that time....probably standing IASW....since there wont be any kids with us, this wont be a problem...

BTW...How are the matterhorn lines at night? only been there on the morning...Thanks again!

Drince88
10-14-2005, 03:35 AM
If you get multi-day park hoppers, don't you get early entry to Fantasyland one day? THAT'S when I'd go!
(I don't read the DL boards enough to know EXACTLY what kind of tickets you need to get Early Entry, someone PLEASE correct/confirm)

disneyhound
10-14-2005, 04:34 AM
If you get multi-day park hoppers, don't you get early entry to Fantasyland one day? ...
Yes; you get an early entry to Fantasyland with select multy-day park hoppers. On your early entry day, you can walk on to most rides in Fantasyland, as I recall from our last trip, Peter Pan had a short wait (5 min), no wait for most other rides...

lauramaynot
10-14-2005, 06:49 AM
If you get multi-day park hoppers, don't you get early entry to Fantasyland one day? THAT'S when I'd go!
(I don't read the DL boards enough to know EXACTLY what kind of tickets you need to get Early Entry, someone PLEASE correct/confirm)
you were also able to get early entry when you stayed any of the resort hotels it was available during our last trip on sept. 9th though I don't know if they are still offering this. But if she wants to try to hit it at night (and I personally think EVERYTHING at DL is better at night:D ) I agree with trying to do most of it before the fireworks show. Immediately after the crowds of people trying to leave create a lot of congestion. Of course if you are up by IASW by the time you filter down to that area it might be better. Good Luck!

mkcbunny
10-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, if you have EE, you could use them on Monday morning. [I forgot the EE days. Saturday, Monday, and ... Wed? or is it Thurs?] It's a Small World will not be open for EE, but then you could try to ride it at night on Saturday or some other time. Storyboats also may not be open at EE. Everything else was open at EE last time we went. We rode Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Casey Jr., Matterhorn twice, Teacups, Alice, Mr. Toad, and Buzz [don't know if it's still open at EE].

Alice Fan
10-14-2005, 09:40 AM
I am all for the EE! We had them last November and didn't use them (kids didn't want to get up that early). We had them again last June and took advantage, what a great thing. We used to pretty much avoid Fantasyland (sad for me, but DS 11 and DS 15 weren't too into it) mainly because of the crowds. With the EE we got in at 7, rode every ride (except Small World and the Storybook Boats) TWICE! It was fantastic! When Small World opened we walked right on. Not only did we get to ride probably 3 to 4 hours worth of rides in an hour, but we got some great pix without all the crowds.