PDA

View Full Version : Help! - Disneyland Hotel, aaaaack!

potterphreak
10-13-2005, 05:07 PM
Ok, I cannot decide between DTD view and pool view. Which tower do we want to be in? AGHH How can I decide, I have never been!!! Here is my group and my priorities:
2 grownups
2 6 year olds

I would like to have a a big room. Big as I can get it. We are getting 2 queen beds, I'm not sure if they all come with the extra day bed or sofabed or what. Any help is TRULY appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

Also, anyone know anything about Pinocchios Workshop? Like, hours of operation and cost?

SCUBAbe
10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
how long are you going to spend in the room...and while in the rooma re you really going to sit there starrign out a window?? to me it doesn't matter if I'm goignt o a theme park. If it was somewhere else then maybe I would try for a good vew..:)..when I go to DL I'm lucky to spend a total of 8 hours in the room....when i went to sea world we spent a total of 6 hours in the room...LOL....but if you plan on spending alot of time in the room get what will make you happy.....

janell
10-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Are you staying in the Serra Tower. I have stayed in that tower before, its a nice one, but it was before DTD opened.

The lights at night are nice if you have a DTD view and you may be able to see Paridice Peir, you may need to be on a higher floor to see that. If your on a lower floor I think your view will be of the side of AMC theaters and some little shops. If you got the pool room, you will see the other two towers, which is fine, the pool and there were some cute little shops and place to eat on that side and it was a nice view.

I don't think you could go wrong with either view. But if you get the DTD view, see if you can get a higher floor. Also ask the CM when you call, sometimes they are very helpful in finding a good room.

Hope you have a great trip.

potterphreak
10-13-2005, 05:27 PM
I just want the biggest room I can get, LOL. And I keep hearing on these boards how this one didn't like that Tower and so on and so on, so I guess my REAL question should be, which tower does everyone prefer and why?

Thanks again!!!!!!!

potcfan
10-13-2005, 05:37 PM
We stayed in the Sierra Tower overlooking DTD last December. The view at night was simply amazing, not only did we overlook DTD but we had a beautiful view of CA. Our room had 2 Queens and a daybed. I thought the room was a good size for our family of four (myself, DH, DD16 & DD11).

Minnie66
10-13-2005, 05:43 PM
I think you will be satisfied with the size of the rooms, and either view will be wonderful. The resort is a nice place to go back to during the day if you want a little "down" time. If you do get a DTD view, you will love looking out the window and watching the people below:D We have never had a pool side view but we visited a room our last trip that was overlooking the pool and it was nice also, fun to watch the kiddies swim. Any of the towers are nice, and each has different benefits, just enjoy wherever you are. The hotel really makes for a complete trip and set it apart from being just another amusement park.

TDBearGrrl
10-13-2005, 06:02 PM
With a DTD view you have the possibility of seeing fireworks from your room (if you are in your room).

We usually stay in the suite on the DTD end of the Bonita Tower and have pool, DTD and parking lot views. We use the DTD view most of all. We have also had the joy of watching several weddings.

spectromen
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Nobody seems to really be answering your question but I just stayed in the Sierra Tower and found the room to be extremely small. This is the oldest tower, so they may have increased size in the other two. I have been in a room in the Bonita Tower and it felt much bigger, but you won't get the same DTD view. If you go for the pool view it will be just as good if you're up high, plus you're closer to the waterfall area. Also if you're planning on doing concierge, that's in the Sierra tower too, so while you'd get the free food you might also not end up with the biggest room.

SCUBAbe
10-13-2005, 07:20 PM
Nobody seems to really be answering your question but I just stayed in the Sierra Tower and found the room to be extremely small. This is the oldest tower, so they may have increased size in the other two. I have been in a room in the Bonita Tower and it felt much bigger, but you won't get the same DTD view. If you go for the pool view it will be just as good if you're up high, plus you're closer to the waterfall area. Also if you're planning on doing concierge, that's in the Sierra tower too, so while you'd get the free food you might also not end up with the biggest room.

nobody can really answer that question. they can just give options or how they felt about the rooms. I feel a hotel in a theme park is just to sleep in shower in, so it doesn't need bells and whistles. Other people feel a theme park hotel room has to be the best hotel room ever. the only person who knows what will make the op happy is the op....

SneakyStella
10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
Also, anyone know anything about Pinocchios Workshop? Like, hours of operation and cost?

Unless I'm mistaken, Pinocchio's workshop is in Disney's Grand Californian, though I do believe it's available to all Resort guests. If I remember correctly, it opens at 5:00pm. It closes at Midnight. $13.00 per hour/per child. Ages 5-12

Hope this helps :o)

adriennek
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Unless I'm mistaken, Pinocchio's workshop is in Disney's Grand Californian, though I do believe it's available to all Resort guests.

GCH guests can make reservations at Pinocchio's Workshop before their vacation.

DLH and PP guests can make same-day reservations at PW IF there is availability.

Adrienne