PDA

View Full Version : Madame Leota not floating on Haunted Mansion Holiday why?

leotatoombs
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Just wondered if anyone Knew why she's not a float in HMH? Will she ever in the HMH version of the attraction? Tring to speculate why they would totally abandon this wonderful effect for the HMH show?:|

Durliin
10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
She is not floating in there because the room is 5 times brighter during holiday and the effect would be ruined.

charpaul
10-13-2005, 04:06 PM
In addition to the extra lighting for HMH - the video/voice track is different for this. As are the decorations for the Holiday overlay. The seance table has a light over it for holiday time.....

spectromen
10-13-2005, 06:15 PM
She'd probably knock the ringing teddy off his perch too :rolleyes:

leotatoombs
10-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I wonder if they might try to work it into the HMH eventually? maybe next year? Wishful thinkin Huh!!?:D

qwiksliver1022
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
How does that floating illusion work anyways? I was thinking about a string on the top but I dont see something for it to attach to. A cheap version could use a one of those suction cups!

disneyhound
10-14-2005, 05:11 AM
How does that floating illusion work anyways?...Are you so sure it is an illusion... (add evil laugh here) :D

leotatoombs
10-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Are you so sure it is an illusion... (add evil laugh here) :DI think so!? I once helped perform this "illusion" at the magic castle in hollywood! but a silver sphere sans leota face chanting. I think I know exactly how it works! but leota does not require human help to float like the silver sphere did.
:D

leotatoombs
10-14-2005, 11:48 AM
How does that floating illusion work anyways? I was thinking about a string on the top but I dont see something for it to attach to. A cheap version could use a one of those suction cups!I think it is the same basics in this illusion that make them able to have tink fly around the castle! but on a much grander scale!

qwiksliver1022
10-14-2005, 12:29 PM
I thought Tinkerbell just moves back and forth behind the castle, I've never seen her going "around" it. Black string probably. It's still a projector for the face isn't it? Except for floating they have to be in perfect sync.

leotatoombs
10-14-2005, 12:40 PM
I thought Tinkerbell just moves back and forth behind the castle, I've never seen her going "around" it. Black string probably. It's still a projector for the face isn't it? Except for floating they have to be in perfect sync.Yeah! I think your right! but she does appear to be circling the spires of the castle? I think she has the capability to fly in very small circles unlike leota. I don't know! how do they do her face chanting in the sphere now,I wonder? not like they used to I would imagine. The floating part of both is the same basic elements only on a larger scale i'm pretty sure & the way they are rigged of course are different because of the elements surrounding them.
:D

BWthespian
10-14-2005, 07:04 PM
Ok im probably not the only one who is bothered by this but the Leota face projection,both the original and the hmh one, ok there is a bright dot in the middle of the face all the time, cant that be fixed?

JeffG
10-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Ok im probably not the only one who is bothered by this but the Leota face projection,both the original and the hmh one, ok there is a bright dot in the middle of the face all the time, cant that be fixed?

That is the projector, I believe. It would likely be difficult to fix it without a major re-design of the technology.

-Jeff

Sandiegoboy
10-14-2005, 07:51 PM
That is the projector, I believe. It would likely be difficult to fix it without a major re-design of the technology.

-Jeff

THey already did change the technology, and decided to change it back to the old technology.

And there is a string, I think Ive seen it cuz I was looking for it.