PDA

View Full Version : Magic Music Days

PirateSmile
10-12-2005, 10:53 PM
Taking a field trip down to DL with my school's band this May for this event :) Anyone know what it's like? What I know is a pretty vague explanation of it...lol.

stan4d_steph
10-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Sounds like it will be a blast. Please let us know about it afterwards!

I did a similar trip to a park with my band, not Disney though. We got to march down part of the parade route and play a couple of songs, then we got to hang around and play the rest of the day. :) It was a fun trip.

cymplaya
10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Taking a field trip down to DL with my school's band this May for this event :) Anyone know what it's like? What I know is a pretty vague explanation of it...lol.

It all depends on what your director signed your band up for. When I did it our Marching band did a parade and standstill, the jazz band played by the castle, and everyone did a special Disney Music workshop.

jpeben
10-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I did it twice in Junior High School, we got to the park and got to have fun for like 4 hours. Then they had us meet under the toon town railoroad bridge and they took us back stage, where we went to dressing rooms and changed into our uniforms. Then we walked and came out of the It's a Small World Area and marched the parade route. We went back stage from Main Street, and what seemed like eternity, walked back to the dressing rooms. We changed then went back to the park via the Toontown exit we used. That was over 5 years ago and I still remember how strict they were about no taking pictures or video while back stage. It was great have a good time!