PDA

View Full Version : We're going to Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2

cymplaya
10-12-2005, 01:24 PM
My wife won a 3 day 2 night trip yesterday from our local radio station in the bay area. 4 round trip airfare tickets, 4 3 day park hoppers, and 2 nights at a disney resort hotel. We havn't done anything Disney since our Disney Cruise/Diseyworld Honeymoon in May 04.Can't wait!!! :fez: Sorry, had to share my excitment.

crazi4dlr
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
That's so awesome!!!! Congratulations and have a great time. And thanks for sharing, one often wonders if entering contests really pays off.

MermaidHair
10-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Congrats! And I think I might have been listening to the wrong radio station. . .:(

DangerMouse
10-12-2005, 01:50 PM
That's awesome! Nothing better than Disneyland, except for FREE Disneyland. So, when you going?

tlovesdis
10-12-2005, 02:03 PM
I listen to that station and heard her win!!!! YAY for you! I got through once yesterday and was caller 83 :(

Congrats!

mad4mky
10-12-2005, 02:21 PM
My wife won a 3 day 2 night trip yesterday from our local radio station in the bay area. 4 round trip airfare tickets, 4 3 day park hoppers, and 2 nights at a disney resort hotel. We havn't done anything Disney since our Disney Cruise/Diseyworld Honeymoon in May 04.Can't wait!!! :fez: Sorry, had to share my excitment.

Sweet.:D

I am enthusiastic for you...yet...find myself...very green...;)

(course, I am leaving for DLR on Friday...but heck...I am still footing the bill...:( :p ).

And, I am a neighbor to you up a little north (Redwood City)...what station is THAT???

tlovesdis
10-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Sweet.:D

I am enthusiastic for you...yet...find myself...very green...;)

(course, I am leaving for DLR on Friday...but heck...I am still footing the bill...:( :p ).

And, I am a neighbor to you up a little north (Redwood City)...what station is THAT???

It's Star 101.3. They are giving away like 3 or 4 trips a day this week!

Crazy4DL
10-12-2005, 02:39 PM
Congratulations!!! Have a ball! :)

Whittibo
10-12-2005, 03:10 PM
WOW a winner.. you'll probably go on the free trip and win the free Honda too.. LOL

Congrats and have a GREAT TIME!!

Aussie MouseFan
10-12-2005, 03:29 PM
congrats from Down Under

cymplaya
10-12-2005, 03:43 PM
WOW a winner.. you'll probably go on the free trip and win the free Honda too.. LOL

Congrats and have a GREAT TIME!!

That would be awesome!

kohl
10-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Hey I live in Redwood City also!

Wendi
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Congratulations!!! That is too cool!

TowerofTerror
10-12-2005, 08:36 PM
Have a blast at Disneyland.

annieb727
10-13-2005, 05:53 AM
WOW!! WHAT A TRIP TO WIN!!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!!! ENJOY and have tons of fun!!!

msgmg68
10-13-2005, 05:58 AM
How great for you and your wife! I hope you have a FANTASTIC time!

cymplaya
10-13-2005, 07:46 AM
How great for you and your wife! I hope you have a FANTASTIC time!

Thanks everyone. We haven't been to Disneyland since 2003. We normally buy Annual passes but haven't the last two year because last year was our wedding and we went to Disney World and did the Disney Cruise and we didn't get one this year because the wife was pregnant. BTW, any tips on bringing a 5 month old? Thanks

stan4d_steph
10-13-2005, 09:37 AM
BTW, any tips on bringing a 5 month old? ThanksYou should check out the Parenting in the Parks forum (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13) for lots of discussion on bringing your children to theme parks.

You can start a thread with specific questions there if you don't find one that answers it for you. :) Have a great trip!

jazzysmom
10-13-2005, 09:39 AM
Here is a flight tip for flying with a baby. BRING YOUR STROLLER! You can stroll it right up to the door of the plane! This leaves your hands free for all the *crud* you have to carry when you travel with a munchkin. :p They will give you a claim ticket and when you get off the plane it should be sitting right outside the planes door again for you.

WITron
10-13-2005, 08:05 PM
My big tip is to use the baby center. There is one in DL and one in DCA. It is a wonderful area to get away from the crowds and a good place to nurse/feed the baby. When we took our DD when she wa 6 weeks old we used them and loved the experience. The only problem we had was at DCA and the loud music. I don't know if they have turned it down since we were there in 2002.

disneyhound
10-14-2005, 05:16 AM
Thanks everyone... any tips on bringing a 5 month old? ThanksLeave your 5 month old with your Mother-in-law, she would love it, your little one will never know. The you could share your "win" with two other people, I have a couple of suggestions, if you need any...;)

Clotho
10-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Leave your 5 month old with your Mother-in-law, she would love it, your little one will never know. The you could share your "win" with two other people, I have a couple of suggestions, if you need any...;)

That would be my plan, if I could manage it. I can't say I know for sure I would feel ready to leave the baby with anyone else when I was gone, but for a long weekend trip, I think it would be fine. Then take a couple friends and off you go!

If you're NOTready to leave the little one, then maybe you can bring another couple with their baby, or some friends who might be willing to babysit one of the days or nights in exchange for the free trip. Then you can have one romantic day or evening with just the two of you, and still have your baby waiting for you when you get back to the hotel!

cymplaya
10-15-2005, 03:33 PM
That would be my plan, if I could manage it. I can't say I know for sure I would feel ready to leave the baby with anyone else when I was gone, but for a long weekend trip, I think it would be fine. Then take a couple friends and off you go!

If you're NOTready to leave the little one, then maybe you can bring another couple with their baby, or some friends who might be willing to babysit one of the days or nights in exchange for the free trip. Then you can have one romantic day or evening with just the two of you, and still have your baby waiting for you when you get back to the hotel!

We are bringing the babies grandparents (wife's side) too.

disneyhound
10-15-2005, 04:37 PM
We are bringing the babies grandparents (wife's side) too.That will work! When you want to go on Tower of Terror, or Space Mountain, Grandma can watch the little one!

Whittibo
10-15-2005, 07:58 PM
GREAT PLAN! I was going to say that you could bring another couple AND the baby! Love the idea of bringing the grandparents. While I was in DL, I saw many "families" of many generations and I was telling my girls.. "when you grow up and have kids, you better let us come with you".. my middle daughter was so sweet, she said she would bring us and pay our way too. ;)

You'll have a great time! Enjoy!!