PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! I don't know what to do...

Pages : [1] 2

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Ok so I planned our trip out and thought I had done a great job, But now I'm not so sure.

We arrive in Anaheim on Oct 30 and will stay until Nov 3rd.

Now I had planned to get a sitter on the 30th (sunday) and go to the Knotts Haunt with hubby, And then do Disney with the kids on the 31st in the day and go trick or treating locally that night.

BUT I've just realized that Sunday is the ONLY day we have to see the FIREWORKS!!

I can't change the Knotts thing to a different night either because it ends on the 31st.

What to do??

adriennek
10-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Cancel Knott's.

Adrienne

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 08:05 AM
LOL Well I really wanted to do something for just us too..grrr

An adult night... And I love scary stuff!! Do they have fireworks on Halloween?

Ohhh But if we don't have the trick or treat tickets we have to leave the park early on the 31st don't we?

hlbtimes2
10-12-2005, 08:23 AM
Do they have fireworks on Halloween?

Ohhh But if we don't have the trick or treat tickets we have to leave the park early on the 31st don't we?

DL will close at 8 that night, so no fireworks. The event is in DCA, so you can still be in DL with out the event tickets.

adriennek
10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
Get a sitter a different night and go to dinner alone with DH.

May I suggest.... oh, I don't know..... hmmmm, let me think....

Napa Rose?

Adrienne

10-12-2005, 08:49 AM
May I suggest.... oh, I don't know..... hmmmm, let me think....

Napa Rose?

Hmmmm, Knotts or Napa Rose? Oh, how to choose!

LOL

TowerofTerror
10-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Skips Knotts and do something else and have the baby sitter sit a different night.

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 09:33 AM
Problem is I love scary stuff, I'd rather go to a haunted house than a fancy restaurant ANY day!! I've been DYING to go to Knotts!!! I wish I could find a way to change my plans...grrrrrr

How far is it from Hollywood to Knotts...I'll be in Hollywood Oct 28+29...

We do Universal on the 29th But it closes early....

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Ummm can I ask what this means?

Disneyland coolest Place on Earth Where they will set you up if they can with their security which aren't the police and throw you outta of the park

Crazy4DL
10-12-2005, 09:47 AM

Disneyland coolest Place on Earth Where they will set you up if they can with their security which aren't the police and throw you outta of the park

huh? :confused: are you quoting someone?

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Yes sorry... Towerofterror has that in their sig line...

Crazy4DL
10-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Yes sorry... Towerofterror has that in their sig line...

ummmm. . . I don't know what they are trying to say.

JP1
10-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Ok, so this might work for you. Halloween Haunt usually opens around 7pm. If you go to Universal Studios on the 29th and leave the Hollywood area at around 5:30 pm, it should take you around 1.5 to 2 hours to drive to Knott's, deal with Buena Park Halloween Haunt traffic (which is usually very heavy) and get into the park. It's open until 2 am, so even if you don't get to Knott's until 8pm, you should have plenty of time at Knott's to enjoy yourself and still be able to see the Fireworks while you are at Disneyland.

Here's something you must know, in case you already don't. Knott's Halloween Haunt is the busiest you will ever see that park. If you try to ride the coasters, you will be dealing with two hour waits. The mazes flow pretty constantly, but the waits can still get up to an hour for some of them. As long as you go in expecting big crowds, and you are prepared to deal with them, you should have a good time.

hlbtimes2
10-12-2005, 10:38 AM

I remember a ToT making a comment about a month ago that his (her?) AP had been taken away. A few people asked why, but no explanation was ever offered. I'm guessing the quote has something to do with it. ToT must feel as if there was a set up involved? but since we dont know the story, who knows!

DianeM
10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Can you add a half day to your trip? You could always travel earlier on saturday, upgrade to a 4-day pass, and watch the fireworks saturday night.

Ok so I planned our trip out and thought I had done a great job, But now I'm not so sure.

We arrive in Anaheim on Oct 30 and will stay until Nov 3rd.

Now I had planned to get a sitter on the 30th (sunday) and go to the Knotts Haunt with hubby, And then do Disney with the kids on the 31st in the day and go trick or treating locally that night.

BUT I've just realized that Sunday is the ONLY day we have to see the FIREWORKS!!

I can't change the Knotts thing to a different night either because it ends on the 31st.

What to do??

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 11:04 AM
Can you add a half day to your trip? You could always travel earlier on saturday, upgrade to a 4-day pass, and watch the fireworks saturday night.

I'd love to but my daughter is VERY excited to go to Universal...We are going for a full day on the Saturday.

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 11:06 AM
Ok, so this might work for you. Halloween Haunt usually opens around 7pm. If you go to Universal Studios on the 29th and leave the Hollywood area at around 5:30 pm, it should take you around 1.5 to 2 hours to drive to Knott's, deal with Buena Park Halloween Haunt traffic (which is usually very heavy) and get into the park. It's open until 2 am, so even if you don't get to Knott's until 8pm, you should have plenty of time at Knott's to enjoy yourself and still be able to see the Fireworks while you are at Disneyland.

Here's something you must know, in case you already don't. Knott's Halloween Haunt is the busiest you will ever see that park. If you try to ride the coasters, you will be dealing with two hour waits. The mazes flow pretty constantly, but the waits can still get up to an hour for some of them. As long as you go in expecting big crowds, and you are prepared to deal with them, you should have a good time.

Thanks for the idea, It does sound like a way to do both, But I'm concerned with driving back so late for a 1.5 to 2 hour drive.
Maybe I will have to just skip Knotts :(

Wendi
10-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Add a day to your trip... it's simple!!!

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm not worried about the passes as I have 5 day passes which I'm going to have to sell off the last day or two for upgrading to APs I think. But it's the cutting Universal short on my kiddo that I don't think I can do...

DangerMouse
I'd love to but my daughter is VERY excited to go to Universal...We are going for a full day on the Saturday.

Well, looks like you're just going to have to decide which is more important: the best fireworks show ever at DL or night from hell at Knotts.

Of course, I have no real opinion to help you choose. ;)

NoAngelx
Add a day to your trip... it's simple!!!

I WISH!! lol I'm coming from Canada, The plane tickets and hotels are all booked (Plane is non changeable)

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, looks like you're just going to have to decide which is more important: the best fireworks show ever at DL or night from hell at Knotts.

Of course, I have no real opinion to help you choose. ;)

LOL....Thats funny!!! I was really looking forward to something really fun and Scary...Are there maybe some other options???

jeeperwy
10-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Unless I am missing something, they don't show fireworks on Sunday the 30th, only Fantasmic. Hopefully I am wrong because we get there on the 30th but leave on the 4th, so no fireworks for us.

Kari

JP1
10-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the idea, It does sound like a way to do both, But I'm concerned with driving back so late for a 1.5 to 2 hour drive.
Maybe I will have to just skip Knotts

Don't worry about the drive back. That will probably only take about 45 minutes late at night. It will be much faster than the drive down, because traffic will be minimal.

NoAngelx
10-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Oh my gosh!! I just looked it up on the calendar and they are NOT showing any fireworks on Sun Oct 30th!! I'm so sad...I figured for sure they'd show them...afterall it IS a weekend.