PDA

View Full Version : Weather this weekend!

tlovesdis
10-12-2005, 06:54 AM
So I posted last week about it being super hot, etc... hoping that when we get there this weekend it will cool down!

Well, this morning I checked the forcast and now on Sunday and Monday it says rain with highs of 75!!! What the heck? Rain?

Oh well, hot or cold, rain or shine, we will still have a fabulous time!!!

DangerMouse
10-12-2005, 07:14 AM
So I posted last week about it being super hot, etc... hoping that when we get there this weekend it will cool down!

Well, this morning I checked the forcast and now on Sunday and Monday it says rain with highs of 75!!! What the heck? Rain?

Oh well, hot or cold, rain or shine, we will still have a fabulous time!!!

I love love love DL in the rain! I don't mind getting a little wet and it scares off a lot of the crowds so you can walk onto a lot of rides. You'll have a FABULOUS time! I'm jealous!

hlbtimes2
10-12-2005, 08:02 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. I didnt see that yesterday when I checked. It totally changes what I need to pack. We leave in less then 24 hours- so its good to know what to pack! LOL

Pammer
10-13-2005, 07:13 AM
Hey Tina...I'll be there October 15-18 too! The best thing about if there are showers is that it will keeps the locals away so hopefully the crowds will stay down. Kind of yucky for the MouseAdventurers, though!

Buy those lightweight rain ponchos from Dollar Tree...2 for a buck and you can always toss them afterwards!

Have a great time!

tlovesdis
10-13-2005, 07:15 AM
Hey Tina...I'll be there October 15-18 too! The best thing about if there are showers is that it will keeps the locals away so hopefully the crowds will stay down. Kind of yucky for the MouseAdventurers, though!

Buy those lightweight rain ponchos from Dollar Tree...2 for a buck and you can always toss them afterwards!

Have a great time!

Yea, that's true, but when we were there this past December it rained the whole time and we were really hoping for better weather! Oh well, doesn't matter...

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!

Pammer
10-13-2005, 07:37 AM
Yea, that's true, but when we were there this past December it rained the whole time and we were really hoping for better weather! Oh well, doesn't matter...

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!

If I remember correctly, I think I was there at the same time with you in December (5th - 8th for us)! I remember the rain...it REALLY kept the crowds away on the 5th, but cancelled all of the outdoor entertainment (Candlelight Processional, which I had hoped to see) that night as well. Even with lighter crowds, the gloomy weather can get to you after about 8 hours if it doesn't let up! I'll keep my fingers crossed for sunny skies, though! :D

adriennek
10-13-2005, 10:40 AM
If any of you on this thread will be at the park on Saturday, don't forget that the "MouseAdventure Picnic" (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48763) is open to all our readers, not just the MA folks!

Please feel free to stop by between 12:30 and 2 even if you don't want to stay long?

Adrienne

stan4d_steph
10-13-2005, 11:16 AM
As of today, from NOAA (http://www.noaa.gov):

Saturday: Mostly cloudy in the morning...becoming partly cloudy. Highs 67 to 72 near the coast to 75 to 80 inland. Light winds becoming southwest 15 mph in the afternoon.

Saturday night: Mostly cloudy. Areas of drizzle and slight chance of showers after midnight. Lows 51 to 58.

Sunday: Partly cloudy and colder. Areas of drizzle and slight chance of showers in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs 66 to 73.

Sunday night: Partly cloudy with slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows 51 to 59.

Pammer
10-14-2005, 07:43 AM
If any of you on this thread will be at the park on Saturday, don't forget that the "MouseAdventure Picnic" (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48763) is open to all our readers, not just the MA folks!

Please feel free to stop by between 12:30 and 2 even if you don't want to stay long?

Adrienne
I would love to stop by, but I don't think we'll get there in time! :crying:

Whittibo
10-14-2005, 07:58 AM
I too was there last year during the horrible weather. November 26th - December 4th. I only recall it being really rainy when we weren't even in the park. (keep in mind we have so.cal AP's so weren't in the park on the 27th/28th). I don't remember being rained out of anything, but it was COLD!! I can't even remember how cold, but remember shivering and wearing many layers of clothes. We had not packed our winter coats (com'on, we were in Southern CALIFORNIA!! We didn't think we needed them). But I wore a long sleeve shirt and TWO sweaters every day/all day.

I don't think this will be the case this year as the forecast is for mid-70's. That seems pretty "fair" to me.

I think you'll be just fine, t-shirts with a light sweater you can tie around your waist later in the day! Have a GREAT time!!!

tlovesdis
10-14-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks everyone!

I just checked the weather again and now for Sunday it says Thundershowers! Yikes!

stan4d_steph
10-14-2005, 08:06 AM
I hope it is cool this weekend. I didn't pack any shorts.

Pammer
10-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Yesterday afternoon I checked weather.com for Anaheim, and it was 97! :eek:
I would much rather have the showers... ;)

tlovesdis
10-14-2005, 08:25 AM

Me too! I just hope the showers are quick and last like a minute!

I much prefer cold weather, but everyone I am traveling with hates it! I will be wearing shorts and a t-shirt, even in the rain and they will all be bundled up in tons of clothes!!!!

Whittibo
10-14-2005, 09:15 AM

If I remember correctly (which my memory fails me OFTEN).. I think that 8 of the 10 days we were there it was mid to high 90's. It SUCKED. LOL

I was really looking forward to low 80's.. nice "almost fall" weather!

I am not sure what I would prefer if given the choice of cold/rain or extreme heat. Either way, it's hard to be comfortable.

Thunderstorms don't sound very nice. I hope they never come about.

As for clothes. We took everything from tank-tops to sweaters. It's so hard to predict what you'll really need. :(

MouseFaninQueue
10-14-2005, 10:18 AM
Guess I can't complain too much if it does rain ...

It is currently 3 degrees Celsius (37F) with 93% humidity at 11:13am here at home.

Tomorrow it is expected to go to a high of 8 degrees Celsius (46F) ...

So I think I might be able to handle 75F in the rain ... :D

Opus1guy
10-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Just heard a radio report and the weather man mentioned Fullerton (next to Anaheim) was having a high today of around 95 and that the high tomorrow might be in the high 60s or low 70s. Even he was remarking what that was a pretty amazing spread and change in the weather.

He mentioned that there's a front coming down from Alaska and that it's going to be very hard to predict the weather tomorrow as just a shift of about 15 miles in the storm could mean the difference between rain or a Santa Ana wind condition! But regardless, he said it's gong to be a lot cooler tomorrow and that Sunday especially has a chance of rain.

Opus1guy
10-14-2005, 04:18 PM
That same weatherman just gave an update and said that the storm has just shifted ever so slightly enough in the last couple of hours to where he now doesn't think we'll be getting any rain this weekend...but definitely much cooler temps. Provided no surprise shifts the other direction, of course.

Opus1guy
10-15-2005, 07:19 PM
Just started raining about 10 minutes ago here in Magic Mountain country, and it's headed Southeast. Don't know if Anaheim will get part of this.

Whittibo
10-15-2005, 07:53 PM
My it does change fast doesn't it? Hope the rain only lasts through the night. That's what our storm did last night.. rained really hard in the middle of the night, and was clear by the time we got up, never rained again!!

nursemelis374
10-15-2005, 07:55 PM
Yeah, I live about 25 miles north of DL and it rained here too! It was actually pretty warm at DL today though.

DISNEYfied
10-15-2005, 10:16 PM
I hope that the all the Haunted Mansion Holiday decorations are waterproof... I wonder how it all fairs in the rain.