PDA

View Full Version : First 2 weeks in December-crowds

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Since they have pushed back the snow and iasw holiday, this year, I am afraid they may do that again in the future. We cannot fly over holiday weekends, (fly standby for free) and I don't really want to be there with the holiday weekend crowds anyway. So I was thinking, for 2006, to plan our trip for either the first or the second week of December, adding in one weekend so we could see the fireworks and snow and the Christmas parade. Just curious how the crowds are the first 2 weeks of December? I have heard it is a great time to go, not busy and you get the whole holiday experience. I don't want to get too close to Christmas so this might work.

WITron
10-11-2005, 10:38 PM
The first weekend will probably be fairly busy with the Candlelight Procession going on. Also on Monday and Tuesday of that week DL closes early due to CM Christmas parties. If you don't mind the crowds I would highly recommend going to see the Candlelight Procession. It is a truely unique experience. If you are planing to stay a week the early closing times on the two days of the CM parties really shouldn't affect you. I know we booked our trip for that week for those reasons. I don't expect the parks to be too crowded during the week.

sbnuggie
10-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Hello,

We went last year during the first week of December for our Annual Trip. I too had heard that the first 2 weeks of December were slow. We usually went the week after Labor Day or the following week after that. It was not slow. Attendance wise it was packed, even on the weekdays. I asked a few CM's about it and they specifically told me that it is a big misconception for some reason that the beginning of Dec is a slow time and they don't know why. Don't get me wrong I'm sure it was much slower then a weekend or weekday during the summer but compared to mid-late september it was uncomfortable for me and my family. We have been going once a year for the past 6 years. This year we are going 10/30 - 11/5 because I heard the crowds aren't that bad, we'll see. Although with the 50th this year I think all bets are off. I'm sure others will add to this thread.

DangerMouse
10-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Yeah, the word about low crowds in the beginning of Dec leaked out years ago and now the parks seem to be really crowded during that time. We normally go during the Candlelight, but the crowds have just gotten out of control. This year we are going the Dec 10-14. I am hoping we see some lighter crowds. If not, then we'll go again the beginning of March and hope for lighter crowds then. :p

stan4d_steph
10-13-2005, 07:53 AM
I agree with the other posters here. Early December is a great time to go, as long as you avoid Candlelight weekend. Otherwise, crowds are fairly light.

JookyG
10-13-2005, 12:39 PM
It used to be a great time to go. My last early-December visit was in 2003, and that year was remarkably more busy than years past. You used to be able to practically walk right on rides during the weekdays. It used to be my favorite time of year to visit, but I'll have to switch to fall or spring, due to the ever-increasing crowds in early December. That's what happens when everyone puts their Disneyland "secrets" on the internet for the world to see :( Plus, no Electrical Parade until the 3rd weekend of December this year. That's the worst blow of all.

Sounds like you'd be better off going mid-November, or waiting until after the holidays in terms of crowds.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
10-13-2005, 10:36 PM
I think next year we are going to chance it and go in early December. Is the Candlelight Procession just on the weekend? I was thinking we would stay until Saturday that way we could see the snow, but don't want to miss the Christmas parade. I hate how things don't get announced until so close to the dates. I could probably handle missing the Candlelight ceremony. But would like to see the snow again. I prefer to go during the week.

qweenie
10-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know how to find out if the Electrical parade will have a two week run in Dec.? I tried to email Disneyland and of course they didn't respond back! It doesn't show on their Disney calendar. Thanks!