PDA

View Full Version : Can pizza be delivered to Paradise Pier?

Jim Hawkins
10-11-2005, 04:40 PM
I am going out next week and wondered if you can order pizza and have it delivered to the hotel. I know they won't let you take food into the Park, but what about delivery to the hotal and do you know who delivers there?

Thank You.

TDBearGrrl
10-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Last year we had pizza delivered to DLH. So it can be done. I don't remember who we called, I think it was Pizza Hut. The procedure is that you call and order and then when it arrives bell services calls you and you go down to the front desk and pay for it and bring it back to your room. That is the official procedure as it was explained to us by the bell desk.

That is not what we did.

We tipped VERY VERY WELL and one of the bellmen came up to our room and got the money and then brought the pizza to us when it got there. The bell captain offered it up to the guys to see who would be willing to do it, they would not guarantee that anyone would and made sure we knew that they were not responsible that the pizza would be delivered to us in a timely manner. It was. Going down to get it yourself should be easier in PP, we were in the Bonita tower (the farthest from the main entrance) and were far too tired and lazy to go get it ourselves.

The other option is to pick one up at Naples in DD and bring it back with you.

Hope this helps...

MacBaby
10-11-2005, 06:16 PM
Or you can order one through room service! They have excellent pizza and its not that unreasonable.

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 06:31 PM
About taking food into the park.. I read somewhere on the DL website about only taking in food for "special needs". But that wasn't what I saw happening while I was there. I even saw a guy bringing in two bags of Kentucky Fried chicken!

On the tram over to the park, it says something about, "if you'll be bringing in food today, please make use of our picnic area".. but I don't know where/what the picnic area is.

I got mad at my kids because they brought their little back pack that was ONLY supposed to have their 3 disposable cameras in it, but my middle daughter (the sneaky one) stuffed all kinds of things in there including crackers and fruit.

When we stayed at the DLH a few years back, I too remember it being a problem with having pizza delivered. I think we were waiting and waiting and I was on the phone (computer) and didn't get a call. Finally a bellboy came up to tell us our pizza was downstairs waiting for us. We had no clue. So hubby had to go down and pay for it. That kinda makes me mad, as why does it matter if a pizza delivery comes to my room or not? Just trying to make it hard I guess?? I don't like things like that. LOL

Have a great trip!!

hlbtimes2
10-12-2005, 08:15 AM
That kinda makes me mad, as why does it matter if a pizza delivery comes to my room or not? Just trying to make it hard I guess?? I don't like things like that. LOL

Have a great trip!!

I'm guessing its to keep them from soliciting business from hotel guests. I know when we stay off site we often get pizza delivery info on our door or under it. If they let pizza delivery guys walk the halls it would be hard to keep them from doing that. So, its easier to just make a rule that they are not allowed anywhere but the lobby.

Rhiannon8404
10-12-2005, 12:52 PM
I have found pretty much that any hotel with room service (Disney property or not) highly discourages pizza delivery. You can still get it usually, but yeah, you have to go to the lobby or meet the delivery guy out front.

Most hotels I've stayed in that didn't have room service, had pizza, chinese, and other food delivery information right in the room...next to the phone.

twist1980
10-12-2005, 01:12 PM
I have found pretty much that any hotel with room service (Disney property or not) highly discourages pizza delivery. You can still get it usually, but yeah, you have to go to the lobby or meet the delivery guy out front.

Most hotels I've stayed in that didn't have room service, had pizza, chinese, and other food delivery information right in the room...next to the phone.

Yes, any hotel that has room service (or a restaurant in the hotel) won't let things be delivered to your room. They want you to spend your money there and for good reason! At the Hilton in San Fran my best friend and I spent over $50 for two hamburgers and milkshakes! It's a huge money maker for them!

I've had some pizza delivery places charge an extra hotel fee for having to deliver to a hotel and wait downstairs for you...I agree with DisneyDyke that it would be easier to pick one up at Naples and carry it back with you. But we all know how lazy we can be after a long day at Disney! ;)

Surfingstitch
10-12-2005, 01:14 PM
I ordered Domino's or Pizza Hut when I stayed there. I didn't really care for the pizza. It took almost an hour and a half for delivery. I called at 8:30pm on a friday thou.

mariogarza
10-12-2005, 04:47 PM
Yes, any hotel that has room service (or a restaurant in the hotel) won't let things be delivered to your room. They want you to spend your money there and for good reason! At the Hilton in San Fran my best friend and I spent over $50 for two hamburgers and milkshakes! It's a huge money maker for them!

I've had some pizza delivery places charge an extra hotel fee for having to deliver to a hotel and wait downstairs for you...I agree with DisneyDyke that it would be easier to pick one up at Naples and carry it back with you. But we all know how lazy we can be after a long day at Disney! ;)

At least in the Sheraton Anaheim apparently they don't have any problem with it...We asked for the number of Domino's at the front desk and a man was kind enough to call for us, he asked for our room number and we had the pizza delivered directly to our room...I know this is not the same with every hotel, but I think the right thing to do is going directly to the front desk or to the concierge and ask them what you need....

Leslie21
10-12-2005, 07:12 PM
This is interesting. We're staying at DLH next month and I always like to order a pizza when we are on vacation. I got a "DTD view" room, does anyone know what tower these rooms are in and how far they are from the entrance?? :)

sunfun94
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
This is interesting. We're staying at DLH next month and I always like to order a pizza when we are on vacation. I got a "DTD view" room, does anyone know what tower these rooms are in and how far they are from the entrance?? :)

It is in the tower to the right of the main tower when looking to the pool..forgive me as i have forgotten the names of the towers ( Bonita is the only that comes to mind but I dont know it thats right)

They are not that far from the entrance to DLH nor, is it far from the entrance to DTD...have so much fun!!

animagusurreal
10-12-2005, 09:09 PM
When I read the topic, I thought you meant you wanted to get pizza delivered to Paradise Pier, the land in DCA. LOL :D !

TDBearGrrl
10-13-2005, 06:46 PM
It is in the tower to the right of the main tower when looking to the pool..forgive me as i have forgotten the names of the towers

Main Tower- tower where the 'front desk' is located - Marina Tower
Tower where Concierge service is - This tower has the most DTD view rooms. Sierra Tower
The other tower - Bonita Tower - it is the furthest from... everything, but by far my favorite!!
:o)

ILovePoker
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Or you can order one through room service! They have excellent pizza and its not that unreasonable.
So it's about in the 90 dollar price range?:D