PDA

View Full Version : dressing up for Halloween Treat

Pages : [1] 2

ksejr1
10-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Ok, who here is planning on dressing up for the DCA Halloween Treat? I'm not sure what I will go as, or anything at all. So come on all, who's dressing up, and as what? !

TDBearGrrl
10-11-2005, 02:40 PM
I want to, I really really do. I just don't have any costume ideas for this year. Will most likely wear one my HMH shirts... I know, its boring

Leash81
10-11-2005, 04:59 PM
My boyfriend and I will be Jack and Sally. And in case people start wondering if it's ok to dress up if you are not a kid we are both in our mid 20's so there will at least be some other adults dressed up if anyone needs an excuse. ;)

ozbeauticn
10-12-2005, 08:46 AM
My boyfriend and I are going to be Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. We're hoping they'll have villians out to take pictures with, so we can get ours with Captain Hook! Right now I'm trying to figure out a way to make my costume warmer, because it's kind of tiny! The weather sure changed fast, huh?

ksejr1
10-12-2005, 09:48 AM
hey, so no adults are dressing up?? Boy is my friend gonna feel stupid. I was hoping a lot of you guys will have fun and dress up to be silly

Vegitabeta
10-12-2005, 10:21 AM
I suggest being a pumpkin. Means everyone will clear the way for you when you walk past!

Leash81
10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
I suggest being a pumpkin. Means everyone will clear the way for you when you walk past!
Yeah but then how do you fit in a seat on TOT? LOL :p

Vegitabeta
10-12-2005, 12:27 PM
Yeah but then how do you fit in a seat on TOT? LOL :p

Breathe in and pray.

lauramaynot
10-12-2005, 12:32 PM
How about being a churro? you could use one of those foam bed pads and cut and paint it. I would love to see that walking down the street at DL!

Dom262
10-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Ok, who here is planning on dressing up for the DCA Halloween Treat? I'm not sure what I will go as, or anything at all. So come on all, who's dressing up, and as what? !

Be careful what you dress up as. We were told that no licensed costumes for adults would be allowed. This means that if you could be mistaken for a CM that you couldn't wear it.

Leash81
10-12-2005, 12:46 PM
Be careful what you dress up as. We were told that no licensed costumes for adults would be allowed. This means that if you could be mistaken for a CM that you couldn't wear it.

Actually they changed that. You can dress up as a licensed character but you cannot pose for pictures with guests like a CM would.

annieb727
10-12-2005, 01:23 PM
well, we won't be there for the halloween thing (but rather from the 14th-23rd), buy my boys have matching Mickey costumes...and they're going to wear them at the park...they're 3 years and 18 months.

Chiidesu
10-12-2005, 02:06 PM
It's almost a week away and my boyfriend and I still don't know what to dress as :crying: But I will wear a costume even it is a cruddy one! xD

stan4d_steph
10-13-2005, 07:51 AM
If anyone has a group of 3, I challenge you to do Mahna Mahna and the Snooths (http://personales.ya.com/beor/mahnamahna/mpeg2.jpg).

ksejr1
10-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Come on you guys let's dress up and have fun!!!!:)

got2travel
10-19-2005, 12:21 PM
My son and I will be Jack and Sally. He's 10 and I'm .... well old enough to have a 10 yr old, let's just leave it at that. So 1 kid and 1 adult will be dressed up.

DaddyB
10-19-2005, 02:03 PM
i just posted this in my "DaddyB Photo Update" thread, but thought I'd duplicate it here.

If you're at this Friday's "Halloween Treat" and see a "chunky", goateed, 40-something guy carrying around a camera with a large glass lens on a tripod... yell "Hey, DaddyB!" and see if it's me or come up and say "Hi!".

If you'd like some pictures of yourself at the Halloween Treat, I'll gladly take some and email them to you later, or perhaps post it in next week's update (with your permission).

Just wanted the offer to be out there.

TDBearGrrl
10-19-2005, 02:27 PM
OK, I am deffinately going to do my costume. I will be a flower. If anyone has seen the "Pooh as a Flower" at Engineer's toys in DCA, the costume is based on that. So look for a fat flower.

On Friday I will be with some of my partner's coworkers - no costumes. Five women, one man.

On Saturday we will be with Sleeping Beauty and Dash Incredible!

I will be there on the 28th and 29th as well. I am going to get my money's worth out of this costume.

ksejr1
10-19-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm going to be there on the 29th. I still havent figured out a costume yet, I might be a gothic fairy.

nursemelis374
10-19-2005, 06:22 PM
I will be there this Saturday dressed as Cinderella. My friend just said she is going on Sally, so I am glad we are okay to be Disney characters! I can not imagine not allowing their own costumes!

mi_mous
10-19-2005, 11:55 PM
I'm going as Wendy, my mom won't be dressed up. My kids will be Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. If I can find another ticket to purchase, my husband can come as Captain Hook! I don't know why, but I didn't think he would get the day off, and here he has it off. Man, I should have just bought the extra ticket!!
I can't wait till Friday, can't wait to wear my costume!!
OH! BTW, I called about the whole wearing licensed cotumes and such. As mentioned before, you can't take pictures like a CM would, or give autographs. Adults are not allowed to wear costumes until the actual Halloween Treat starts.
So, I guess if you are planning on being there for the day, bring your costume to change into.
Just telling you what the lady told me.
Can't wait, and I will definitely be looking for all of you!

mi_mous
10-19-2005, 11:57 PM
How about being a churro? you could use one of those foam bed pads and cut and paint it. I would love to see that walking down the street at DL!

I love this idea!! That WOULD be soo funny to see someone walking around like that. Somehow, that reminds me of that new Orbitz commercial with that onion/garlic thing sitting on the couch that explodes when they put Orbitz under the door.

nursemelis374
10-20-2005, 07:20 AM
My friend wants to paint her face like Sally, do you all think that will be okay? I thought it would be, but she is really concerned about it.

Leash81
10-20-2005, 08:37 AM
My friend wants to paint her face like Sally, do you all think that will be okay? I thought it would be, but she is really concerned about it.
Is she concerned that they won't let her in? If that's it she will be fine because you are allowed to wear a mask so face painting should be fine. I am going as Sally also and I was going to paint my whole face blue with her stich marks but then I realized it will be dark and I will need to wear my glasses. I think that the paint would make my glasses slide down my face all night so I am just going to do the sitches. It sounds like there will be a lot of Sally's there.

ksejr1
10-20-2005, 02:19 PM
OK, I am deffinately going to do my costume. I will be a flower. If anyone has seen the "Pooh as a Flower" at Engineer's toys in DCA, the costume is based on that. So look for a fat flower.

On Friday I will be with some of my partner's coworkers - no costumes. Five women, one man.

On Saturday we will be with Sleeping Beauty and Dash Incredible!

I will be there on the 28th and 29th as well. I am going to get my money's worth out of this costume.

Awww!!! Pooh as a Flower, how cute !! Hope I see you on the 29th !