PDA

View Full Version : 50th Year Show Question

garrett240
10-11-2005, 11:44 AM
I realize this may have been asked a number of times...but...

Where does the 50th Year Show play? I've heards a lot about it. I go see it while I'm there.

Also, how long does it last?

Thanks

Niwel
10-11-2005, 12:17 PM
In the Opera House on Main Street (east side next to the bank; where Mr. Lincoln used to be). It will be there at least until next July 17th (I would think).

garrett240
10-11-2005, 12:52 PM
So, Mr Lincoln is gone? Where did they put him? Is Lincoln frozen under the PotC with Walt? :eek:

How long is the 50th Year show. I'm guessing about 20 minutes? (Most Disney shows are)\

And Thanks Niwel. Also thanks for being a Moderator here.

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 12:59 PM
I LOVED the show. It was nice and cool in there, and NEVER crowded. I don't think people realize it's not Lincoln right now. The artifacts in the lobby were fabulous and fun to look at and the show was GREAT. I loved seeing all the earlier films of Disneyland. I wish they would release the movie on DVD.. I would buy it!

SandraVB79
10-12-2005, 01:53 AM
So, Mr Lincoln is gone? Where did they put him? Is Lincoln frozen under the PotC with Walt? :eek:

I have a complete OT question: where has Walt been burried?
(please, don't kill me if this question is stupid, and the answer is obvious. I really don't know the asnwer, and don't have time to look it up in one of all my Disney books before I leave on vacation!)

geoffa
10-12-2005, 02:02 AM
I have a complete OT question: where has Walt been burried?
(please, don't kill me if this question is stupid, and the answer is obvious. I really don't know the asnwer, and don't have time to look it up in one of all my Disney books before I leave on vacation!)

Claim: Walt Frozen Disney Disney arranged to have himself frozen in cryonic chamber full of liquid nitrogen upon his death, and he now awaits the day when medical technology makes his re-animation possible.

Origins: When the "frozen Disney" rumor was started, and by whom, is unknown. The privacy Disney maintained concerning his personal life extended to his death, and the lack of details available about his funeral and burial arrangements -- combined with his reputation as a technological innovator -- has helped foster the story of Disney's cryonic suspension ever since.

The other claim is: Disney's burial site can be found at Forest Lawn Glendale (Court of Freedom), not Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills. See: http://www.snopes2.com/disney/waltdisn/frozen.htm#add
:fez:

disneyhound
10-12-2005, 04:27 AM
He's not dead, he's not dead!!! :crying:

Darkbeer
10-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Mr. Lincoln is still sitting where he normall does, the only thing they do is show a film in the main theater, and they use a scrreen right being th curtain, so the stage has not been touched.

Walt's office also remains, it was covered up with a curtain (covered with 50th info). Even the headphone system remains, I have seen a few of them when I exit (I presume they are using it for those who need asisstance in hearing the film).