PDA

View Full Version : Observations from my trip Oct 8-10

jrsharp21
10-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Just got back from three days at Disneyland. Had a great time! I actually saw two MPers there. I saw Disneyland Forever in the Matterhorn line on Saturday night(I was like 3 or 4 people ahead of you) and I also saw Shawnarae and family there (in front of the Riverbelle Terrace on Sunday morning). But of course I am a shy person so I didn't say hi. Plus my wife would have probably called me a wierdo or something. :)

Here are just some observations from my trip:

-Saturday the park was crowded. We got the park at Noon and fast pass for Space Mountain was already return time around 8pm.

-Sunday and Monday the park was not nearly as crowded. It made for a better day for all.

- The new fireworks show was awesome. It is a pain to find some good seating for the show if you are not there early. Also, I do like the new crowd control in the hub where everything moves in a counter clockwise circle. The Haunted Mansion and Star Tours part of the show is awesome!!!

- The Dole stand in front of Tikki Room was open all day each day!!! Good to see that I could get my Whip Float anytime of the day.

-Good to see that most stores and restaurants were open all day. I don't recall seeing one closed store or restaurant.

-I love how the cannon ball splashes in POTC now shoot high in the air and even get you wet. That was cool!

-River Belle Terrace - great pancakes as usual. I wish they were a little warmer though when you actually got them though.

-Haunted Mansion Holiday is great as usual. Due to my sisters bad knees, we had to wheel her around in a wheel chair. We got to actually go back up on the stretching room. That was definately cool. It feels like you are shrinking and going to get smashed.

-Splash Mountain seemed like it had more water in the flum than usual. I was soaked from head to toe each time I got on it. It was a blast!

-The new Space Mountain is awesome. I love the new tunnel effects on the main lift. That was cool.

All in all, the park felt very alive with nothing being closed. I had a great time and can't wait to go back.

hlbtimes2
10-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a great trip!

Crazy4DL
10-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Just reading your report made me want to go again! NOW!! ;)

Thanks for sharing. :)

jrsharp21
10-13-2005, 09:58 AM
had to add one other bit. I was kind of disspointed in lack of new merchandise for this years HMH. I searched up and down and couldn't find any NBC pins. Maybe I missed them, but I checked all over and found none.

Crazy4DL
10-13-2005, 10:21 AM
What a cute avatar, jrsharp21!! :)

TowerofTerror
10-13-2005, 11:04 AM
great trip report sound like you had a great time

jrsharp21
10-13-2005, 11:21 AM
What a cute avatar, jrsharp21!! :)

Thanks! That is my little guy. I can't wait until his second birthday. We are going to be taking him to DL for his first time.

Crazy4DL
10-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Thanks! That is my little guy. I can't wait until his second birthday. We are going to be taking him to DL for his first time.

Hey, if I remember correctly this is the cutie putie that shares my B-day! I forgot about that! 1/31 right?

jrsharp21
10-13-2005, 12:53 PM
That is correct. January 31st!