PDA

View Full Version : How cold are evenings?

hlbtimes2
10-11-2005, 10:06 AM
I know its been very warm during the day recently, but how are evenings? We will be there Thurs- Monday this week. Should we pack pants and jackets for evenings? We are from Seattle, so we are used to cool temps, and dont get cold to easily- but I dont want to freeze during F! and fireworks.

Thanks!

bassett1976
10-11-2005, 10:13 AM
The weather the last few nights has been cold by CA standards but I don't know how that matches up with WA temps. I would recommend taking some warm clothes like sweaters/long sleeve shirts and pants. If you take two sets then you can wear them as needed but also remember to bring warm clothes as it can get above 75 during the day frequently.

annieb727
10-11-2005, 10:27 AM
i was noticing the temps too -- went to weather.com and got a 10 day forcast for anaheim...looks like the lows are supposed to be in the high 50s...

i'm in the tacoma area -- and our HIGHS have been in the high 50's low 60's...so it's about what you'll see for the lows there...

SO....whatever you need when hanging out outside here in the "heat" of the day...for me, that's a light jacket or sweatshirt and jeans.

hlbtimes2
10-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Annie- looks like we'll be seeing you there! And, we are almost neighbors- I'm in Federal Way.

I knew deep down I was going to need to pack jackets and pants, but was really hoping I was going to be told it was warm enough with out! Just a little dream...... LOL

mkcbunny
10-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Check the Anaheim average temps online before you go and bring an appropriate jacket for the evening. You can always leave it at your hotel when you take a break if the weather seems too warm for you. Personally, I'd rather have a jacket for evening than be cold; it's not going to be so warm at night that you can't wear a light jacket. Plus, you can usually ditch any extra purses, backpacks, etc. for the later evening events and just keep your wallet and essentials in a jacket pocket.

As a Bay Area resident, I always bring layers. So used to wild temp fluctuations up here. Plus, we're wimps here, I admit. I get cold just thinking about the shade.

qwiksliver1022
10-11-2005, 10:59 PM
Usually it always gets cool at night not matter the time of year. Summer gets cool but not THAT cool.

annieb727
10-12-2005, 11:30 AM
Annie- looks like we'll be seeing you there! And, we are almost neighbors- I'm in Federal Way.

I knew deep down I was going to need to pack jackets and pants, but was really hoping I was going to be told it was warm enough with out! Just a little dream...... LOL

and if you didn't notice it's supposed to rain now sunday and monday -- in the high 60's and then mid 70's the rest of the week...

how long will you guys be down there? we're leaving tomorrow morning, but stopping at a friend's house to pick her up, then driving through the night thursday night...so we'll probably get some DL time on Friday -- then our last day will be the following Sunday (23rd).

And we're are actually on McChord AFB - yes, very close! I am SO excited.

Oh, if you have time, go to walmart and get some emergency rain ponchos for 76c each -- that way if it rains, you're prepared and you don't have to shell out $7 or more for the mickey ponchos (unless you WANT a mickey poncho)...are you guys flying down?

hlbtimes2
10-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Yes, we are flying down. We leave tomorrow at 7am and return Monday evening. I'm stopping by the dollar store tonight for some glow necklaces and rain ponchos. We probably won't wear them in the rain, but will on GRR! We paid the $6 for them last time, then gave them to some people in line. It was an expensive ride! LOL