PDA

View Full Version : Angels [at Disneyland]

BWthespian
10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
if they go all the way again,as back in 2002,do you think theyll celebrate at disneyland?haha i was just a wee little freshman and i skipped school to go and see them,would be awesome to do that again now that im a senior. hmmm disney doesnt own them though huh?

MrsG
10-10-2005, 08:13 PM
Disney no longer owns the Angels... so maybe, maybe not.

nursemelis374
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
I was also in DTD when they won the World Series and it was a blast! As stated above though, they no longer own the Angels.

nsxdrift_89
10-10-2005, 08:15 PM
They don't own the Red Sox, and they were in the parade in WDW last year.

Mrs. Newseditor44
10-10-2005, 08:36 PM
They don't own the Red Sox, and they were in the parade in WDW last year.

Yeah but that was different...everyone was hoping the Red Sox would finally win one.

Who knows with the lame name change maybe Arte will decide to have a victory parade at SFMM. :eek:

bassett1976
10-10-2005, 09:05 PM
Doesn't Disney usually try and have the winning team show up? I hope that they continue the tradition. My wife and I got to go to DL to watch the victory parade in 2002. It was an Angel fans dream!!!

potzbie
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Doesn't Disney usually try and have the winning team show up? I hope that they continue the tradition. My wife and I got to go to DL to watch the victory parade in 2002. It was an Angel fans dream!!!
I agree.
Disney has always supported the local people and local events.
I am 99% sure that Downtown Disney will duplicate the events they had in in 2002.
I mean, if Disney will sponsor a ?K half-marathon (what was the milage?), then surely, Disney, with the experience of 2002, can parlay an Anaheim team's games (and victories) into an event.
Just because ownership is no longer an official tie, doesn't mean that the people sitting in the Buena Vista Productions building will not see opportunity, dollars, and promotions, staring them in the face.
"T-shirts (licensed of course), anyone?"

The ESPN restaurant/bar/arcade surely will coordinate an event (or plural), and Downtown Disney will get the spillage, surely, even if Disney falls flat.

Regarding spillage-over, or cross-over entertainment:
My request to all MousePlanet regulars:
Watch for the dates of the games. Watch the attendence of DL/DCA.
Post your observations here, at MousePlanet.
We can advise each other of the crowds on given days.

Holy moley! -- Aren't you going to the Angel fan rally that the Angels will surely hold?
(I went in 2002. Quite a crowd.)

Osky
10-10-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah but that was different...everyone was hoping the Red Sox would finally win one.

Uh. I bet there are a whole lot of Yankee fans who would beg to differ.

Mrs. Newseditor44
10-10-2005, 10:13 PM
Uh. I bet there are a whole lot of Yankee fans who would beg to differ.

They don't count ;)

cstephens
10-10-2005, 10:23 PM
They might still do something in one of the parks if the Angels go all the way, but I think that would be more because of a World Series champion rather than the Angels specifically, since, as has been said, Disney doesn't own them anymore. I can't imagine them doing Jumbotrons in the esplanade like they did last time, though.

Osky
10-10-2005, 10:29 PM
They don't count ;)

What about non-Yankees fans, such as myself, who still would have been happy seeing Boston choke yet again?

BWthespian
10-11-2005, 06:08 AM
lol ill never forget all the red, and there were thundersticks like times a million lol,during the first parade on mainstreet they even had ppl on the matterhorn waving their thundersticks lol

VickiC
10-11-2005, 06:29 AM
They might not own them any more but they had "Go Angels!" on all the electronic boards along Harbor last week.

Mac_gurl
10-11-2005, 07:17 AM
I know this is jumping the gun, but when abouts does the world series end? and when abouts would the party be, if there is one?

We will be there November 1st, so it would be kinda cool to see, since I have
been following the playoffs!

timl33
10-11-2005, 08:45 AM
What about non-Yankees fans, such as myself, who still would have been happy seeing Boston choke yet again?

That would include me. It sucks not having a curse to root for anymore.

Wait a minute: The Chicago White Sox haven't won a World Series since 1917. In 1919, they THREW the World Series for a few thousand bucks, most of which they never saw anyways. There's the new curse!

Mrs. Newseditor44
10-11-2005, 08:47 AM
I know this is jumping the gun, but when abouts does the world series end? and when abouts would the party be, if there is one?

We will be there November 1st, so it would be kinda cool to see, since I have
been following the playoffs!

My guess is that it will be over by then. In 2002 the parade was during the last week of October.