PDA

View Full Version : Napa Rose Fall 2005 Menu

Pages : [1] 2

mkcbunny
10-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Sorry for my earlier post reviving an old thread. I won't even mention/link to it here, as the info there is out of date.

Anyone know if Napa Rose has a new fall menu for 2005 up yet? It seems well past the time they ought to. The main menu reference I usually check still has the summer menu listed:
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/grandcal.../naparose.html

Same question for the Vineyard Room:
http://www.dlresortinfo.com/vineyard.html

If anyone's headed to NR or VR and can report back on whether they are using new fall menus, I'd much appreciate it. We're trying to decide which one to go to in early November. Thanks.

pirateabbie
10-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I ate there a week ago and they do have a new fall menu. While I obviously can't remember everything that was on it, I had the Baja white shrimp wrapped in bacon over a vegetable risotto. Mmmmmm..... wrapped with bacon. Seriously, our meal was FABULOUS.

mkcbunny
10-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Mmmm. Sounds good. Now I just have to find the fall menu somewhere!

Clotho
10-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I ate there a week ago and they do have a new fall menu. While I obviously can't remember everything that was on it, I had the Baja white shrimp wrapped in bacon over a vegetable risotto. Mmmmmm..... wrapped with bacon. Seriously, our meal was FABULOUS.

AH! That's what I had, Abbie! What night did you go? I went Saturday of Gay Days, at an 8:15 reservation. Wouldn't it be weird if we had been there at hte same time eating the same thing? *twilight zone music*

pirateabbie
10-11-2005, 06:39 AM
We actually went on Monday night. Wasn't that the best meal ever? You can't go wrong wrapping anything in bacon!

10-11-2005, 06:42 AM
mkcbunny, if the hot rock zen appetizer for two is still available, try it. C'est si bon - eet ees zo good.

CrazyTrain
10-11-2005, 09:42 AM
I recommend having the waiter/waitress sugest a wine for you, even if you don't like wine. I don't, but the wine she suggested tasted so good!

Ulysses
10-11-2005, 10:43 AM
We ate there last week. It was definitely the fall menu and we had the prix fixe dinner. Duck was the main course. It was fabulous.

Clotho
10-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Yes on the letting them choose the wine. Every single server is a certified somellier (wine-guy/gal, for laymen) so they are very very knowledgable about all the wines in their extensive listing. Tell them what you like (sweet or dry, spicy or mild, light or bold, red or white of course), and what you are planning to order, as well as your preferred price range for the wine. Oftentimes they will offer you a wine that would actually cost more by the book, but they give it to you in your price range. And it will compliment your meal splendidly!

cstephens
10-11-2005, 11:04 AM
Every single server is a certified somellier (wine-guy/gal, for laymen) so they are very very knowledgable about all the wines in their extensive listing.

To be nitpicky, that's not actually true. While they have the highest percentage of servers who are somelliers (I can't spell it either), not all of them are. I can think of a few servers we've had who weren't.

Clotho
10-11-2005, 12:18 PM
I am only quoting what the front desk staff told me the day we ate there at the beginning of the month.

cstephens
10-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I am only quoting what the front desk staff told me the day we ate there at the beginning of the month.

Then either those people got their sommelier pins or they don't work there anymore. ;)

Clotho
10-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Then either those people got their sommelier pins or they don't work there anymore. ;)
Or they were LIARS!!
*POINTING*
LIARS!!!!
*grin*
You'd know better than me, is what I meant. I am not claiming it, just quoting third party info. You bein' on the inside would put you in a position to know.

mkcbunny
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
mkcbunny, if the hot rock zen appetizer for two is still available, try it. C'est si bon - eet ees zo good.
Mmmmmm. Appetizers ... bacon ... I want to go now!!!

mkcbunny
10-11-2005, 04:52 PM
We ate there last week. It was definitely the fall menu and we had the prix fixe dinner. Duck was the main course. It was fabulous.
Oh no. Now I am sunk. Duck? Must. Have. Duck. Now.

mkcbunny
10-11-2005, 04:54 PM
Any of you folks whove had the Fall NR menu also been to the Vineyard Room very recently for a comparison?

millionairegirl
10-17-2005, 10:13 AM
It sounds like the menu changes frequently. We just did the prix fixe dinner with wine pairings on Saturday night, and the main course was lamb. It was seriously fabulous. Actually all the courses were to die for. But at $300, it's definitely a special special occasion kind of place.

cstephens
10-17-2005, 10:22 AM
We picked up a copy of the current Napa Rose dinner menu, so as soon as my husband has a chance to scan it, I'll post it. He also took a picture of the Vineyard Room menu. I was happy to see that it's been changed - it had been the same menu for some time now, even though they used to change seasonally as well, and there are a few items on their menu I want to try. Anyone else love soft shell crab?

cstephens
10-18-2005, 01:46 PM
OK, menus galore. All pictures are full-sized so they can be easily read, so warning that the files are kinda big and that if your browser automatically scales pictures to your screen size, you'll have to manually make them bigger.

Here's the first page of the current Napa Rose menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/naparose1.jpg), and here's the second page of the current Napa Rose menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/naparose2.jpg). Note that the listed Vintner's Menu is only good through this Thursday night as it changes every Friday.

Here's the first page of the Vineyard Room menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/vineyard1.jpg), and here's the second page of the Vineyard Room menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/vineyard2.jpg).

For good measure, here are the new Catal menus as well: menu for the Uva Bar (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/catal4.jpg), dinner menu for Catal upstairs (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/catal1.jpg), and lunch menu for Catal upstairs (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/catal2.jpg). Catal had previously only been open for dinner, but they apparently started serving lunch daily this summer. They are currently serving lunch upstairs on Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm.

And just for the heck of it, here's Catal's Thanksgiving menu (http://www.colddeadfish.net/images/DLR/catal3.jpg). Napa Rose also has a Thanksgiving menu, but you could only read it there. However, most of the Napa Rose reservations are taken, so if you're still thinking of going to Napa Rose for Thanksgiving, best to see what you might still be able to get or when they'll start a waiting list.

mkcbunny
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Wow, you rock! This is extremely helpful. Thank you soooo much!!!

*Nala*
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
Thanks!! It makes me hungry just to read the menus. We love both of those restaurants.

Do you know if Napa Rose is going to have a special New Years Eve menu or event? I searched and could only find something from a couple of years ago. Or is it still too early in the year?

SoCalSteven
10-18-2005, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the menu!

Anyone else notice the Vintner's Table has gotten a lot more expensive? I seem to recall it was $55 for the meal and $35 for the wines not too long ago.

TahoeBob
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
OK, menus galore. All pictures are full-sized so they can be easily read, so warning that the files are kinda big and that if your browser automatically scales pictures to your screen size, you'll have to manually make them bigger.

Thanks for posting the menus, but after looking at the prices there is not any way I would want to pay that much for a dinner. From everyones posts it sounds like it would be very good, But I am more of a pizza and burger type of guy.

thats what I like about vacations, everyone gets to do what they want to.

Bob

cstephens
10-18-2005, 06:41 PM
Do you know if Napa Rose is going to have a special New Years Eve menu or event? I searched and could only find something from a couple of years ago. Or is it still too early in the year?

I presume they will as they have at least for the last couple years. As I recall, last year, they had an earlier seating that was less expensive (relatively speaking for Napa Rose), and then they had a later seating that would last until midnight that was more expensive and was more like a party rather than a regular dinner. It is a bit early for them to release that information, but I don't remember when they released it last year. Maybe check with them starting in early November.

Anyone else notice the Vintner's Table has gotten a lot more expensive? I seem to recall it was $55 for the meal and $35 for the wines not too long ago.

Yes, I noticed the prices went up. For the longest time, the food alone was $65 and the wine was $35, so total for food and wine was $100. But then, I think the regular menu items have been creeping up by a $1.00 or so every time as well. I used to notice that more when I was retyping every season's menu...

CrazyTrain
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Thanks for posting the menus, but after looking at the prices there is not any way I would want to pay that much for a dinner. From everyones posts it sounds like it would be very good, But I am more of a pizza and burger type of guy.

thats what I like about vacations, everyone gets to do what they want to.

Bob

Ya know what? I'm a pizza and burgers type gal who was pretty neervous about going to such a fancyy place, but I really enjoyed it. The food was SO delicious (esp. the dessert!) and it was a whole lotta money and the food was diffrent than what I was used to, but it was worth it! I won't be going back soon (too expensive!) but when some huge event happens again (we went to celebrate my bf graduating from grad school) I just might go back.

In conclusion *lol* it's too fancy and nice for an every day meal but for a special ocassion, I can see how that can be money fairly well spent. :)