PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel Laundry?

potterphreak
10-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Anyone have any experience with this? I am all for the 4 of us not taking much luggage on our trip and just have Disney wash our gear for us halfway through. How much is it? Thanks in advance!!!

hlbtimes2
10-10-2005, 12:44 PM
I dont know if they have an actual laundry service, but they do have coin-op machines in the hotel. Havent used them, but would guess a couple bucks a load.

Dom262
10-10-2005, 01:28 PM
I know that GCH has laundry service. I used it while we were there for the 17th. It was great. A little pricey, bu they did a great job.

potterphreak
10-10-2005, 02:26 PM
I read somewhere (maybe it was a review-yes, I think it was review!) that they would wash your clothes for you. I am down with that. Would LOVE to be sinfully lazy on my vacay for once. :-)

katiesee
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
They do have a wonderful service, but be prepared to spend an arm and a leg for it. When I stayed a few years ago I sent an outfit of my son's that had gotten red koolaid on it (The bane of moms!). It cost about $10 to wash the pants and shirt, and they were toddler sizes! It was worth it to save the outfit but I would not recommend it for general use. You are charged per item and it is not cheap.

BayAreaDisneyFan
10-10-2005, 09:23 PM
This is one of my only complaints about DLH. The self-serve laundry consists of about 4 machines in the building that houses the fitness center, over by the cove pools. Every time we've been, at least one machine is broken. That means that there's a really grumpy mom or two sitting in a broken plastic chair (grumpy 'cause they've been sitting in the queue for an hour)with three bags of laundry and a stack of quarters, and the only way you're getting your wash in is if you put a puss on your own face and sit next to her and sacrifice cocktails by the pool, or fireworks from the balcony, or whatever else you'd rather be doing (sleep?!?!).

Normally we don't need to do wash on vaca, but we sometimes couple DL with San Diego on spring break, and try to "start clean" as we head out of DL.

One time it was so backed up I complained to the front desk. The response: GCH has lots of machines. They offered to drive me and my laundry over there in a golf cart.

Oh well....I don't go to DL for the laundry, but wouldn't you think an outfit that has so perfected the parking garage could turn it's attention ever so briefly to providing a decent laundry experience?