PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland bricks

potterphreak
10-10-2005, 11:25 AM
Hi guys-
Where would I find information about purchasing a brick for the Disneyland walkway or wherever it is. I did a search on Yahoo AND here on Mouseplanet and found a lot of ways to install a brick driveway at home, but nothing that listed who I contact, how much it is, blah blah blah for a DL brick. Thanks in advance!
CJ

Mrs. Newseditor44
10-10-2005, 11:30 AM
Try this phone number...hopefully it still works.

(800) 362-4533. I think its around $200.

Dexter
10-10-2005, 11:32 AM
Doing a quick google search, I came up with this information:

email: dl.bricks@disney.com
phone: 1-800-760-3566

Apparently from the link I followed if you e-mail them it can take up to two weeks to get information from them.

ETA: This is the search term I used : Disneyland Commemorative Brick (http://www.google.com/search?q=Disneyland+Commemorative+Bricks&hl=en&hs=Dyh&lr=&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official_s&start=10&sa=N)

mkcbunny
10-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Try this phone number...hopefully it still works.

(800) 362-4533. I think its around $200.
When I got one a year ago, they were $150. But there are the more expensive anniversary ones, too. Those cost more and were not available when I got mine.

goober7011
10-10-2005, 05:20 PM
When i bought mine last dec. it was $150 for the anniversary one plus i think it was $35 plus tax for ca. and fl. for the replica.
Hope that helps
Goober

mkcbunny
10-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Maybe there was another option prior to the anniversary version? I remember there being something more expensive than what I got; that was last September. Nice to know the anniversary ones are not overly pricey. Not that I can afford or need another one, LOL!

Whittibo
10-10-2005, 07:38 PM
I want a brick. But I would have wanted one for every year we were there, and that would get pricy. LOL

Besides, hubby would NEVER let me spend $200 on a brick! He would have thought I was insane!

goober7011
10-11-2005, 10:26 PM
Well I haven't even seen mine yet. But as my countdown clock says I'm goin in 9 days.:D
But till then I have to worry bout mid-terms. How fun.:rolleyes:
Goober

geoffa
10-12-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi guys-
Where would I find information about purchasing a brick for the Disneyland walkway or wherever it is. I did a search on Yahoo AND here on Mouseplanet and found a lot of ways to install a brick driveway at home, but nothing that listed who I contact, how much it is, blah blah blah for a DL brick. Thanks in advance!
CJ

See: http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr041025.htm
under CURRENT DISCOUNTS & PROMOTIONS - about a good 2/3 of the way down the article.

"Purchase a commemorative 50th anniversary brick through December 31 to be placed in the esplanade between Disneyland and DCA....... regular price of $150. The special brick features a brass-toned medallion with the 50th anniversary logo."

If you can't get any joy from the phone numbers call in at City Hall on your visit. They usually know everything.

We've had one at WDW for 8 years - real easy to find - right outside the Lost Property office at the transporation entrance! :fez:

P.s. Just found this number: (800)760-3566 - this is for APs and offers a discount of $50 off theprice. Maybe they can direct you to the correct number.:fez:

disneyhound
10-12-2005, 04:43 AM
Well I haven't even seen mine yet. But as my countdown clock says I'm goin in 9 days.:D ...We have not seen ours yet either, it was set out back in July, hope it is weathering well...

"Hey, little boy, get off my brick! I paid $150 for that brick, I didn't spend all that money for you to stick your grubby, nasty feet on it!" :D

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
10-12-2005, 10:02 AM
Our brick was there when I went to DLR with a friend in July--it was so exciting! DH and my three daughters don't have any idea that I ordered a brick, so when we go as a family next week I'm going to surprise them and casually walk by our brick and ask my 5 year old to read it. It has all of our first names on it, so I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see their name in Disneyland. I can't wait to take pictures of them and their brick.

lauramaynot
10-12-2005, 12:45 PM
I have been thinking about getting a brick for our family. How long does it take from the time it is ordered for the brick to be installed? If I ordered one next week would it be there by nov 8th (our next family trip)?

potterphreak
10-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Laura
I called on Monday about the bricks and asked when it would be installed. I was told that the orders they are taking now are scheduled to be installed in February. :eek:

I wanted to buy one for my parents to commemorate our first time (theirs and mine!) at the DL hotel this November and then show it to them while we were there, but no go. <sigh> I think it will make a great Christmas present for them tho. My dad is a TOTAL Walt Disney nut-he has 2 favorite all-time memories. One is always watching The Wonderful World of Disney when he was a kid and the second was the first time they took me to DL and I saw Mickey. My parents honeymooned in Pismo Beach and Disneyland.

mkcbunny
10-12-2005, 10:16 PM
When I ordered last September, I was also told Jan/Feb for install. [They do a bunch at a time.] And when I went last May, it was indeed there. I would hope they have more than one install period; maybe there's another each September? they would be hard-pressed to do it in June/July.

lauramaynot
10-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Laura
I called on Monday about the bricks and asked when it would be installed. I was told that the orders they are taking now are scheduled to be installed in February. :eek:

I wanted to buy one for my parents to commemorate our first time (theirs and mine!) at the DL hotel this November and then show it to them while we were there, but no go. <sigh> I think it will make a great Christmas present for them tho. My dad is a TOTAL Walt Disney nut-he has 2 favorite all-time memories. One is always watching The Wonderful World of Disney when he was a kid and the second was the first time they took me to DL and I saw Mickey. My parents honeymooned in Pismo Beach and Disneyland.

thanks for doing research...that kind of sucks...I was thinking it would make a great christmas gift too....oh well, I suppose I should order it anyway and then it would be there in time for my birthday. As for your parents I would think that they would have some sort of certificate that they give you when you purchase if not you could always make your own along with an I.O.U. for a disney trip next year.:D

Disneyfanatic
10-13-2005, 12:40 PM
Last year our family got a brick for christmas from my Mom and Dad. We got the certificate,where it would be located and the replica wrapped up as our present. You could call and see if the information and the replica will be ready in time for x-mas and you can give that as a gift :)