PDA

View Full Version : Grossness "in" the park

Pages : [1] 2

meagee
10-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Remembering the theme of the grossest thing you have ever seen in the park, my family were at the park this last weekend. As we stood in line, my son would remind me of some of the things I had told him about what I read, about kids licking the rails or putting their buggers on the rails, vomiting in the plants, etc. We were keeping our eyes open by any grossities (word?) we saw.

However, I managed to top anything I had read - maybe only because it happened to me. We were returning to the park after a rest on Saturday evening and I suddenly decided that I needed to throw up. My plan was to wait until we got to the parking garage and sneak in front of the car and vomit where no one could see me. However, my stomach decided otherwise. We were just pulling into the lanes to get into the park when I threw up all over myself! My husband managed to pull over and I got myself somewhat cleaned up. I said I feel better so let's go to the park. We then drove to the booth to show our annual pass and I told my husband that I think we need to go NOW. So I threw up all over myself again. We went back to the room then and I went to bed. The kids were pretty bummed, but what could I do.

As a small side note, we had also gone to DL 2 weeks ago and I got sick then too. So this was a kind of make-up trip. As we were driving back to the hotel, my husband told me I did not get to get a make-up trip for the make-up trip. Darn it all.

Hope I have better luck in November.

10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better.

Rhiannon8404
10-10-2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks for sharing. Hope you feel better.
LOL!

I'm sorry you were sick! Hope you're all better now.

Note to self: must stop eating and reading MousePad at the same time.

MrsG
10-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Additional note to self: Don't read MP just before eating dinner. OR I should know better than reading any thread with the word "gross" in it.

disneyhound
10-10-2005, 05:58 PM
Final note to self: meagee rides in back with airsick bag in hand...;)

The Fairest Beauty
10-10-2005, 07:12 PM
The grossest thing I have seen at DL is PDA's!

coronado_g
10-10-2005, 07:37 PM
~meagee~ You neglected to give us a visual image. Chunky or smooth?

Whittibo
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
I am SO glad I left the day before you were there.. LOL

I too read too many "gross" posts and had to refrain from reading them about a week before we left. I am paranoid of puke. I am happy to report that I never saw ANYTHING icky on our trip except ONE dead cockroach in the Peter Pan que. At least it was DEAD!!

I also told my kids/family about some of the gross things that happen in DL, and they weren't phased by it, but I had to stop thinking too much into it all. But I did NOT go on Star Tours.. I refused to go on that, knowing full well it's the worst puke ride. I didn't need to BEG for trouble.

My question is, how did you plan on "waiting" to puke? I try to avoid it at all costs, but don't think it's like having to pee and being able to hold it. :)

I hope you're feeling better, and that your family didn't get what you had. I would have worried all the way home that my kids would get sick. Sheesh.. I don't stop worrying EVER. I worry before we leave that we'll be sick, I worry while we're on our way that someone will get sick (even just a cold).. I worried the whole time in the park that we would catch something. I was in Target, and this guy was on the phone telling whom ever he was talking to that he "had a cold and is MUCH worse".. I LEFT! I then worried all the way home that someone would get sick. Once home, I worry about something else. I hate my life. LOL

I see you're quite a distance from DL too. I hope you at least got SOME fun in while there.

Rhiannon8404
10-10-2005, 07:52 PM
The grossest thing I have seen at DL is PDA's!
Are you talking about Public Displays of Affection or Personal Digital Assistants?

I think the former is worse than the latter.

TowerofTerror
10-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Well me I`ve sat in the seat that a person throw up in.

spacemountain85
10-10-2005, 09:15 PM
After reading people's reactions to this thread, I am starting to wonder if there's anything in the world that would gross me out to look at.

Aussie MouseFan
10-11-2005, 06:10 AM
Peas & Carrots???

oops, sorry... hope you feel better, and November is just around the corner (maybe fast for a few days prior to be safe)

meagee
10-11-2005, 07:13 AM
I won't make anyone any more queasy by further details, however . . . we were able to have a lot of fun until 3 pm when we went to check into our room. (then a nap, then the sickness) DL is aways my choice of destinations. I just love being there - I don't mind if I just sit on a bench the whole day.

Anyway, there is a bug going around. My husband did catch my bug and is home today with it. You don't really feel sick. You just think, hm maybe I'll throw up and then there it is. My husband said he was the same. Not really feeling sick (other than tired) and then got sick with no feeling of impending vomitus.

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 07:37 AM
So the whole trip, you only got one good morning in? :( That's so sad.

I hope it's only a 24 hour bug (which most stomach bugs are THANKFULLY). I just dread getting anything like that in our family.. usually it makes its rounds through all of us ONE AT A TIME..

I hope you get back to DL again soon. I know your hubby said no make up on the make up.. but hey.. hubby's are known for changing their minds too. ;)

kinglouie1967
10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Are you talking about Public Displays of Affection or Personal Digital Assistants?

I think the former is worse than the latter.

Agreed. Saw a couple making out in line for the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Storybook Land Canal Boats! Yeah...what could be more romantic? :rolleyes: Glad I wasn't on the same boat with them. Who knows what they would have done going through Monstro. Cuz, y'know, that's hot!

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 12:50 PM
Agreed. Saw a couple making out in line for the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The Storybook Land Canal Boats! Yeah...what could be more romantic? :rolleyes: Glad I wasn't on the same boat with them. Who knows what they would have done going through Monstro. Cuz, y'know, that's hot!

That's one thing I HATED about Knott's. Around every corner there were teens making out. Even in Camp Snoopy and in that play house in Camp Snoopy. I just felt it was totally inappropriate! :mad:

I also yelled at some young boys who were running on Tom Sawyers Island. They tell you NOT TO RUN on the island.. and these 4-5 boys maybe age 10-13 were running and I said, "there's no running allowed on the island boys".. and this one said, "is it posted you can't run" and I said, "when you got off the raft they TOLD YOU not to run, it's to keep the island safe for young children".. then I said, "it's not posted that you can't swim across the lagoon either, but that doesn't mean you can try it!" and where were these kids parents? :mad:

Grrrr.. I guess there are worse things in DL then someone throwing up.. LOL

Wesley815
10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
*Just a warning that you should not read this if you're eatting, or if you get sick very easy*

-------

I saw a guest throw up in a drinking fountain and then guests who came up and GOT A DRINK RIGHT AFTER THEM even though you could clearly see what was *still in* the fountain and the drain, ugh, I almost lost it right there. I was standing away from all this happening and I even tried to yell to the guests not to drink out of there, but it was too late.

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
*Just a warning that you should not read this if you're eatting, or if you get sick very easy*

-------

I saw a guest throw up in a drinking fountain and then guests who came up and GOT A DRINK RIGHT AFTER THEM even though you could clearly see what was *still in* the fountain and the drain, ugh, I almost lost it right there. I was standing away from all this happening and I even tried to yell to the guests not to drink out of there, but it was too late.

OK, since this is a discussion about throwing up, and I have already returned from our DL trip, this does lead me to "think about some things".

While I was there, I noticed that the more intense rides like SM and ST were air conditioned, which really helps with sickness. I also know that as soon as you get OFF SM, there's bathrooms RIGHT THERE. But what if you're elsewhere? And there is NO time to find a bathroom. Some people have mentioned getting sick in the bushes, but that seems like it would be even worse/harder to clean up! A water fountain.. oh my.. and someone walking UP TO it and actually drinking out of it?! How do you stomach that? I would never go near that fountain again in my LIFE! But it does seem like a logical place (I know this is gross) but at least you can wash it down the drain! You don't throw up on the faucet.. :( I guess I would rather have it in a fountain then on the ground?!

This has also brought back some past memories of our very first trip in 2000. I was near the rocket rods while my family was on them. (I hate those rides).. and I thought I smelled vomit, I was sitting near a garbage can, so just assumed it was foul garbage. Now I know that really wouldn't be likely. But here I am thinking, WHERE could a person get sick, those garbage can's aren't going to help much, you would have to stick your head all the way inside it! (poor PUSH)

OK.. morbid curiosity I guess got the better of me. ;)

Opus1guy
10-11-2005, 07:05 PM

Discovering that Monstro is a certain type of whale, could provide you with a possible allegory to that question.

;)

Whittibo
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
Discovering that Monstro is a certain type of whale, could provide you with a possible allegory to that question.

;)

*GASP* Is he a humpback whale?? :confused:

Opus1guy
10-11-2005, 07:49 PM
*GASP* Is he a humpback whale?? :confused:

There's more. Keep going. Or not. ;)

ILoveChurros
10-11-2005, 09:52 PM
There's more. Keep going. Or not. ;)

grrrr...I'll be the one to say it...he's a sperm whale...lets just hope they only got to 1st base, whatever that is nowadays.

Osky
10-11-2005, 09:59 PM
grrrr...I'll be the one to say it...he's a sperm whale.

Spoil the fun! I was going to say, "Rhymes with 'Firm'" to continue with the innuendo... ;)

stan4d_steph
10-12-2005, 05:36 AM
Cool it with the innuendo. MousePad is not the place for it. Thanks.

SandraVB79
10-12-2005, 06:43 AM
I have gone whalewatching many times whenever I was on vacation at Cape Cod, but never encountered a "sperm" whale....