PDA

View Full Version : Matterhorn New Lighting

Mickey
10-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Anyone noticed the new lighting on the Matterhorn from the outside at night time?
It's a more bright (white) color and comes from the Tomorrowland side, (if you are standing in front of the castle or hub area you will notice it more) Looks cool!
Check it out next time! :D

Mickey
10-10-2005, 04:24 PM
ANYONE?:p

disneyhound
10-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Where is the Matterhorn? I don't think I have ever seen it at Disneyland, must be why I and others have never noticed the change in the lighting. Do you need to be standing in any particular location in Disneyland to see it? Can you see it if it is cloudy? How about in the rain? Maybe it's just too darn crowded, being the 50th and all...:p Has anyone ever taken a picture of the Matterhorn? Next thing you will be telling us is that a blond bigfoot lerks inside. You not pulling the wool over this padders eyes! ;)

HorizonsA
10-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Anyone noticed the new lighting on the Matterhorn from the outside at night time?
It's a more bright (white) color and comes from the Tomorrowland side, (if you are standing in front of the castle or hub area you will notice it more) Looks cool!
Check it out next time! :D

Umm, it's kind of been like that for quite some time now. It does make it look nice at night, though sometimes I wish they'd turn off all the light inside at night, make it dark.

Disney Show Member
10-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Where is the Matterhorn? I don't think I have ever seen it at Disneyland, must be why I and others have never noticed the change in the lighting. Do you need to be standing in any particular location in Disneyland to see it? Can you see it if it is cloudy? How about in the rain? Maybe it's just too darn crowded, being the 50th and all...:p Has anyone ever taken a picture of the Matterhorn? Next thing you will be telling us is that a blond bigfoot lerks inside. You not pulling the wool over this padders eyes! ;)
wow, how can you miss it? Its the tallest point in Disneyland and can be seen from the 5 and 57 freeways.

Vlyger
10-10-2005, 09:49 PM
Umm, it's kind of been like that for quite some time now. It does make it look nice at night, though sometimes I wish they'd turn off all the light inside at night, make it dark.

Wow! That sounds like a great suggestion. I'd like to ride the Matterhorn in pitch-black darkness. There should only be a slight glow around the Abominable Snowmen to make them visible, and have their eyes glow bright red. Also keep those crystals glowing too. And let's not forget the fog. We need fog. I've gotta fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.....I mean fog!

Noah
10-10-2005, 10:25 PM
As cool as a Pitch black matterhorn might be we already have a dark roller coaster (space mountain) I would be up for having a yearly Holloween special where Matterhorn would be run with lights off. Would be fun to look forward to once a year.

Osky
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
wow, how can you miss it? Its the tallest point in Disneyland and can be seen from the 5 and 57 freeways.

Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga Woo Woo! That is the sound of the sarcasm train passing you by! ;)

MrTomMorrow
10-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Fog effects would be really cool...

I love how the beginning and the lift is in completely darkness... really enhances the excitement of the ride.

Mickey
10-10-2005, 11:14 PM

LOL!!Don't get me wrong! I know the Matterhorn is visible from almost any point in Disneyland, BUUUUUT! if you look closely the light coming from the Tomorrowland side is new. Before it only had lighting on the fantasyland side (castle) and the side of the submarines (now the future home of Nemo Voyage) there is a new light coming from the "innoventions" side in Tomorrowland. Im pretty sure, and if it's NOT new, then they are starting to turn it on again. So dont get wrong the MEANING of the post as always. Nobody is talking if "you see the Matterhorn or not" talking about light effect here ;)

disneyhound
10-11-2005, 04:26 AM
Chugga Chugga Chugga Chugga Woo Woo! That is the sound of the sarcasm train passing you by! ;)ALL ABORRRRRDDDDDD!

Doug
10-11-2005, 04:54 AM
It kills me when people say you can see the matterhorn from the 5... as I have tried, and can not see it.... if you can see it... please tell me from what point... maybe you are in a really tall vehicle?

qwiksliver1022
10-11-2005, 10:46 PM
On my last visit I noticed the Matterhorn was brighter because it actually caught my attention at night, not like before.

On the part about turing the lights off inside I think would be a cool idea. However, the ride is rough and people get tossed around fairly easily because of those seat belts. One of my friends found herself almost lying down in the cart with the seat belt at her chest when riding with her cousin. The ride may be a little wild for it to be pitch black, but maybe thats me being paranoid. Just a thought.

TowerofTerror
10-11-2005, 10:49 PM
It looks brighter I noticed it too but probably due to them putting brighter light to shine on the mountain.

Disneyfreak
10-12-2005, 02:15 AM
It kills me when people say you can see the matterhorn from the 5... as I have tried, and can not see it.... if you can see it... please tell me from what point... maybe you are in a really tall vehicle?
How can you not see it? You can also see Space Mountain.

mariogarza
10-13-2005, 08:32 PM

you can see about a quarter mile before Katella coming from Santa Ana...

DisneyDustin22
10-13-2005, 08:39 PM

You realize how close the park is to the freeway when you see it. I dunno if it's just me but does anyone else agree that when you pass DL and see the Matterhorn that it look as if its sitting right there off the side of the freeway?

mariogarza
10-13-2005, 09:14 PM
You realize how close the park is to the freeway when you see it. I dunno if it's just me but does anyone else agree that when you pass DL and see the Matterhorn that it look as if its sitting right there off the side of the freeway?

Yes, but for me it seems to get further the more I come closer to the park...