PDA

View Full Version : AAA benefits at DL

jmdisque
10-09-2005, 12:02 PM
Hello,

I was wondering what the AAA membership benefits were for purchasing tickets to DL, etc. We will be in DLR/DCA on December 18-19. I thought we would be there at a less busy time than later that week but it looks like we will hit just in the height of everything being busy!! I had so hoped it wouldn't be as crowded so we could enjoy it more. I will, however, enjoy the cooler temperatures of December compared to the summer.

I am looking for the best price on 2 day park hopper tickets for 4 adults and 2 children as well as hotel discounts. Right now, we have a family suite reserved at the Comfort Inn maingate with 2 queen beds and a set of bunk beds for $89/night. We will be arriving on Saturday 12/17 and leaving LA on 12/20. Also, are there any other AAA (or other) perks inside the park with a membership?

Can't wait to get to DL. It has been 21 years since I've been there. I'm sure I won't recognize a lot of it.

Thanks in advance for all your help!!

Jacquie

Pirate Princess
10-09-2005, 12:33 PM
So nice you are coming back to DL!!!
I went for the first time in I-Don't-Know-How-Many-Years, last year. I was totally lost in the park only able to draw on my vague childhood memories. I loved the feeling of seeing everything for the "first time." DCA and Downtown Disney threw me as well. It was shocking that the little memories I had were so different than what was in front of me.
Okay.. so on to your questions.
I would recommend calling AAA and asking what the benefits of buying a 2 day hopper from them is. (I can tell you the downside - $5.00 processing fee) I know that I purchased a 3 day from them because of early entry into the park, but that is only offered on certain days and only on certain length hoppers. (Also, you may get a free parking pass.. which you may or may not want to use)
However, bring your AAA card to the park no matter what you choose!
Here's some discounts the card will provide:

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html#aaa

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherdl.html#tours

Good Luck!

SeattleRedBear
10-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Personally, what we did was price out the individual components separately (ticket/car/hotel/airfare) and then talked with AAA Travel and WD Travel. Turns out we were able to do it cheaper booking a MouseSavers rate at the HoJo's and the benefit of the Extended Park Hopper pass offered by AAA was not enough of a draw for us to stay at a DLH. I assume your reservation at the Comfort Inn Maingate can be cancelled without penalty, so I don't think it would do you any harm to provide AAA Travel with your existing hotel information and see what additional benefits they can provide with a package (vs. your getting just a park hopper from them or from another source). If you're planning on driving to the park, the free parking provided with a AAA-purchased park hopper is quite nice, but I would assume you'll be mostly walking since you'll be at the Maingate.

mousemama
10-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Enhanced Fast Pass comes to mind....

DangerMouse
10-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Enhanced Fast Pass comes to mind....
Enhanced fastpass is not available unless you book your AAA vacation to stay at one of the DLR property hotels. So, EFP is not available to the OP.