PDA

View Full Version : My vain attempt at a trip report...

PennyLane
10-09-2005, 10:35 AM
We went to Disneyland on September 30th, and returned October 5th. This was the first trip I have taken with my entire family together in over 13 years. I don't know if it was the 50th celebration, or the fact that I was with the people I love the very most, but this was a truly magical trip! I don't really have the time for a detailed trip report, so I will just list the highlights!

1.) HMH- I always love it and this year was no different!
2.) The castle looks so beautiful! Everything at Disneyland looks nice and clean.
3.) The fireworks were wonderful. The Parade of Dreams was great too!
4.) Corndogs are just as good as I remembered.:D And Dole Floats are even better!
5.) I rode the Golden Dumbo and Teacup!
6.) SPACE MOUNTAIN!!! I forgot how much I missed this ride. It was so great to see people in Tomorrowland!
7.) Thanks to the advice of I Heart Disneyland!, I tried the freshly made candy on Main Street! Oh my goodness, it was fabulous- especially the Pecan Logs and Rocky Road!!!
8.) Every Cast Member we encountered seemed genuinely kind and happy to see us. When I entered the park, I was told "Welcome home". This attitude was so different than the last time I visited!
9.) I loved the 50th show, Turtle Talk, and the Block Party Bash. I had read a few negative things about all of them, but I really enjoyed them.
10.) I went with my two adorable nephews. I go so often with just my sister that I forget how it is to see Disneyland through the eyes of a child. I cannot wait until I have children and take them!

The few lows of the trip~

1.) It was much hotter and much more crowded than we expected.
2.) Food at the Blue Bayou was very disappointing, as it has been the past 2 times I've visited.
3.) We expected to see more characters, but saw very few.
4.) I discovered that my 4 year old nephew posesses more bravery than I do- He loved the Tower of Terror! I actually gave it another chance and cried again! I felt pretty pathetic.:D

All around, we had a great trip. We were so sad to leave that we immediately started planning our next trip! We all had tears in our eyes as we left the park...
I will post pictures once I figure out how to do so!:rolleyes: :p

Skunker
10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
The few lows of the trip~

1.) It was much hotter and much more crowded than we expected.
2.) Food at the Blue Bayou was very disappointing, as it has been the past 2 times I've visited.

I was there almost the same time frame - and I second the above. It was SO hot and SO crowded. We went back to the park at 6 pm on Wednesday(when they closed at 8) and there were still 4 LONG lines to get into the park!! I am not sure why DL was so crowded...

I finally got to eat at the BB and was also very disappointed in the food, service and atmosphere. (I am shocked myself about the atmosphere part, but it just didn't seem that special for some reason.) At any rate, it's out of my system now and I won't be spending $40.00 there again anytime soon!

Crazy4DL
10-09-2005, 02:17 PM
You did good my dear Penny!!! :)

That was perfect.

Sorry the Blue Bayou was a disappointment. We didn't get to even try it this last trip - figured the kids would just be too crazy in there. I think we have eaten there two times that I can remember and always enjoyed ourselves so maybe give it another try sometime.

I can not beleive I was not scared on the ToT, me the oooolllldddd person!!! and you were! :p

It's ok, Space Mt was fun, but once was plenty for me.

I am surprised it is so busy at DL right now. I have a friend at DL right now and she says it was very busy last night too.

Can't wait to see pictures. Glad you had a magical trip with your family!!

Thanks tons for sharing!

~~Ruthie

lisap
10-09-2005, 07:20 PM
:)
Glad you had a good time in spite of the heat and crowds. I've never tried the pecan logs! I'll have to keep that in mind next time they're making them.

Clotho
10-09-2005, 08:30 PM
We were there at the same time and second and third your observations. Hot and crowded, but a great time. Loved Crush and Block Party Bash! And 50th, and the Disney parade. Really a great trip, despite the fact I was sick during it (caught a bad cold or flu the day I left, and had to power through it to enjoy the trip!)

JosieGirl71
10-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Glad you had a great time, Penny! ToT freaked me out too but I am going to give it another try. So sorry BB was disappointing. I have eaten there but will do so on our next trip. I have to experience it (and the Monte Cristo) just once!:D