PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite food in Downtown Disney

Pages : [1] 2

jazzysmom
10-08-2005, 09:15 PM
Well, our trip is almost here and I am SOOOOO excited. We are planning on eating breakfast and dinner/late snack in Downtown Disney during our visit. Is there anything you eat in downtown disney that you love, or crave later?

Rhiannon8404
10-08-2005, 09:27 PM
You must not miss the Double Chocolate Bread Pudding at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Absolutely to die for.

Pirate Princess
10-08-2005, 10:55 PM
The "Plant Sandwich" at Rainforest Cafe!
(I used to be a vegetarian, and I still don't eat much meat)
I would still recommend going to Rainforest for other dishes as well. Other people in my party have had seafood and meat dishes which they still reminisce about. The atmosphere is amazing as well. My tip: put the number in your cell phone before you leave, and mid-way through the day if you decide you want to go there for dinner, I would make a reservation. The wait can be awful sometimes. If you are anything like me, you don’t want to waste time waiting when you could be riding!

Andrew
10-08-2005, 11:49 PM
The "MexiCone" at Tortilla Jo's taqueria (the walk-up window, not the Cantina or the inside restaurant) is fantabulous, cheap, and filling.

Darkbeer
10-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Greatful Garlic Pretzels at Wetzel's Pretzels... Hot and FRESH.....

The Pretzel Dog combo is a great lunch/snack, and comes with a soda :)

TowerofTerror
10-09-2005, 08:03 AM
The Pretzel Dog Combo too like DarkBeer

Alex S.
10-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Haven't had it in a couple years (so for all I know they don't have them anymore) but I really like the cheese fries at ESPNZone.

When you're generally only there on Saturdays, waiting in line to eat at ESPN isn't going to get high on the priority list.

littlemissgorgeous
10-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Chicken Quesadillas @ Rainforest Cafe..yummy !!!

Pirate Princess
10-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Oh oh oh OH!!
I thought of another one!!!
Spinach dip at ESPN zone.
Mmmm.

evrythngwmn
10-09-2005, 11:29 AM
You must not miss the Double Chocolate Bread Pudding at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen. Absolutely to die for.

I second this. It is a definite must. My friend and I shared one and were fighting for the last bites. :D

mkraemer
10-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Nile Shrimp Embrochette at the RFC. Definitely.

MrsG
10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
Insalata alla Napoli at Naples
Romaine wedge, tomato, red onion, roasted red and yellow bell peppers,
creamy Italian dressing, cracked black peppers, Parmesan

It is HUGE and delicious! But we've always had good luck/good food at Naples. I've seen casual reviews on here to the contrary, but DH and I really love to sit outside in the warm evenings, sip on a martini, have a Napoli Salad and a pizza.

CrazyTrain
10-11-2005, 07:39 AM
bacon cheeseburger at ESPN Zone. *drool*

And I'd suggest a Jamba Juice, unless they're readily available in your hometown :D

Alex S.
10-11-2005, 07:53 AM
bacon cheeseburger at ESPN Zone. *drool*

And I'd suggest a Jamba Juice, unless they're readily available in your hometown :D

Is this to imply that there are towns where they're not readily available? I've begun to think that McDonald's must gaze upon them with envy of their ubiquity.

nursemelis374
10-11-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm going to have to say beignets or the cinnamon pretzel at Wetzels.

stinkerbell
10-11-2005, 09:17 AM
I love LaBrea Bakery. They used to have this turkey bacon sandwich on ciabatta bread that was to die for. I say "used to" because I haven't had it in a while, so I don't know if it's still on the menu.

Now I love to go there for breakfast for jam and french bread and coffee.

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about the walk-up window at Tortilla Joe's. I ate in the restaurant once....yuck. Never again. Cold chips and blah food.

If I'm going to eat nearish to Downtown Disney, we usually head to Whitewater Snacks inside the Grand Californian. Their breakfasts are really good, filling and cheap. I think they're less than $5 apiece. My daughter had the french toast sticks once and those were about $4.

So if I was there for breakfast, I'd go to Whitewater. For a later snack/dinner, I'd go to the walk-up at Tortilla Joe's. But if I was in that area and wanted a good sit-down meal, I'd go to the buffet for dinner at Storytellers at GCH. I don't love the restaurants at DownTown Disney....can you tell? :D

stan4d_steph
10-11-2005, 09:24 AM
Is this to imply that there are towns where they're not readily available? I've begun to think that McDonald's must gaze upon them with envy of their ubiquity.There are none in NY outside of the city.

CrazyTrain
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
There are none in NY outside of the city.

None near where I lived in CO either.
They're only in about 25 states.

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
10-11-2005, 10:34 AM
I'm going to have to say beignets

Yes! Every night when we leave the park, whether we're hungry or not. I'll have one clenched in my hand next week!

Clotho
10-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I love Naples. Every time I have had wonderful food. And I, too, love to sit outside on a clear night under the stars. Even in off season, when nights are cool, they have heaters. Such a treat for this Seattlite who has limited outdoor seating seasons. :)

And anything at the confectionary. *drool*

kohl
10-11-2005, 11:28 AM
My mom and I love the salad from Tortilla Joe's that comes in a tortilla shell. We ask for it without the shell and they give you a HUGH plate filled with all the yummy things.

stan4d_steph
10-11-2005, 12:01 PM
Carnitas tacos from the TJ Taqueria are very yummy with salsa verde.

I second the beignets from the Ralph Brennan cafe. Very good dunked in a café au lait. :)

neffyh
10-11-2005, 12:06 PM
I love Naples. Its a great place. There pizza is also good. I ate outside and it was better than eating inside.

crazi4dlr
10-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I also have to go with the beignets from the jazz kitchen. But you gotta try the gumbo as well, really good considering it's not home made. Also the chicken wrap sandwich was a hit with my kids. Good eatin' and I will be enjoying it in a couple of months. Gonna try Naples after reading about it here too, thanks.

10-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Is this to imply that there are towns where they're not readily available?

I don't think I've seen but a couple of Jamba Juice outlets in this region of the country.