PDA

View Full Version : Week of October 10th Crowds (merged)

E'sMom
10-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Hi there! First time to post. Will be at DLH on 10/13 thru the 17th-planned on going to MK on that Thursday and DCA on Friday. However! Looks like it might be really crowded (west coast schools out?? hotels really booked) and temps in the 90's. Will have a toddler and an elderly person and wonder if I shouldn't delay for a month or so bcs of heat/crowding/long lines. Any thoughts are appreciated!! (Have bsn in Florida so possibly go to Orlando instead-love all Disney parks.)

E'sMom
10-09-2005, 06:50 AM
Am new to this and posted a question about crowds the week of 10/11 (specifically Thursday & Friday the 14th and 15th) and if people had thoughts about delaying our trip (will be very hot and have a toddler and elder person with me & am worried about them w/ long lines). I saw a lot of views I think but no responses. Did I do something incorrectly?? Thanks!

Drince88
10-09-2005, 07:27 AM
My guess, is that the 50-some people who viewed probably didn't have any advise for you. Sorry I can't help, either - but I think you did everything ok.

Also, a lot of the people who visit the park regularly go on the weekends, so the ones who viewed are ones like me, who don't get to go very often - and the ones that go more often haven't been on the boards much this weekend...

Klutch
10-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Since I don't know where you live, I can't say very accurately if the weather will be "hot". If you're from the Northwest or the extreme Northeast (Like Maine), you might find the weather a bit warm. Otherwise, you'll likely find the weather pleasant or possibly a bit cool.

The crowds at Disneyland in Mid-October are reasonable. I have visited during that time of year. Many schools now have an October break and Utah has an annual teacher's convention in Anaheim. This tends to push crowds up a bit, but nothing like summer, Christmas or Easter. Friday evening will likely get more crowded as locals show up.

Personally, I think mid-October is a very good time to visit Disneyland.

hlbtimes2
10-09-2005, 07:43 AM
I agree with Drince- more then likely people just really dont know what to tell you. Crowds are unpredictable right now. No one really knows what the 50th is going to do to attendance. Disney just made a change to the schedule change this past week to help with larger then expected crowds.

Thurs and Friday are predicted to be the hotest days this week.

If you dont think your party can enjoy the park with the heat and crowds, you might want to reschedule. But, only you can decide that. Will there be any penalties if you change at this late date? You might want to consider that.

We are coming this week as well. The 13-17 to be exact. As I just typed my dates I realize your are off- are you coming the 13 / 14 (Thur/ Fri) or 14/15 Fri/ Sat?

I went and looked at your other post. If you have park hoppers I would recomend doing DL in the morning and evening both days, and DCA in the afternoon. DL gets really crowded mid day and you can avoid some of it by going over to DCA.

Crazy4DL
10-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Welcome to MP E'sMom :)

I was a viewer of your earlier post also but could not answer your question. I am sure you posted it just fine.

I do know that Mouse Adventure is next weekend so you could actually meet some people who post here.

Have a wonderful trip whenever you decide to go.

adriennek
10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
You just posted your question last night. Weekend nights can be a little slow on the boards.

As for crowds, I find that term highly subjective. Crowds in October might be "crowded for the off-season" but I we're not talking summer weekend-level or week between Christmas and New Years level crowds.

What does "BSN" mean? How much would it cost you to postpone the trip?

Adrienne

E'sMom
10-09-2005, 03:35 PM
Thanks, all! I'm used to going to Disney (either park) in the off-off season, so hate any kind of crowds! :-) When I saw the predicted heat and fact that schools are out kinda said "no way"! Will make my decision tomorrow. ("BSN" means business.)

mollie1
10-09-2005, 03:55 PM
We just got back last night and spent from Mon to Fri there and it wasnt busy for till friday , than we could hardly move in the park , so dont know what was going on, guess the weekends are busy, the weather was hot, aroung 90 all week but we didnt mind the heat.

nsxdrift_89
10-09-2005, 08:03 PM
I have heard that wait times are pretty minimal during the midweek (Monday's and Friday's being the busiest). I have seen pictures of Space Mountain at 5 to 15 min around noon.

MickeyLumbo
10-09-2005, 08:57 PM
yesterday was about as crowded as it gets. backstage main street was opened to relieve the overcrowding.. a measure used only when absolutely necessary.

the resort hotels are sold out all month, so expect some extended wait times for attractions/dining, etc.

last night, the wait time for Space Mountain was about two hours.

the weather has been kinda back and forth the last few days...but the rest of this week will be about mid 80's at the Resort.

hope that you and your family have a wonderful vacation!;)

wendyroseville
10-11-2005, 02:55 PM
E's Mom - we were in Disneyland/DCA Sunday Oct. 2-Wednesday Oct. 5. Sunday through Tuesday were nice weather - low to mid 80s. Wednesday was quite windy. I think the thing is that the weather at this time of year is usually nice, but also somewhat unpredictable. To wit: The week before we got there, the temperatures were in the low 100s (although I don't think that will happen again.)

I was also surprised at the size of the crowds while we were there, since all the guides say that October is off season. But it looks like the 50th celebration and the Anaheim convention center have attracted more people this year.

The longest line we stood in Sunday, Monday or Tuesday was the Autopia and it was about 20-25 min. long. I'd say bone up on the park map, read some good touring guides, use the FastPass system and go for it!!