PDA

View Full Version : The Acappella Group

Pirate Princess
10-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Okay.. I mentioned this before in another post, but never got an answer. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!
On my DS birthday he was serenaded by an acappella group in New Orleans Square. They were wonderful and I would love to catch them again (would especially love to hear them do the Mickey Mouse Club theme song again).
Is there certain days/times/weeks etc. they perform, or is there a place at DL where I could find out where and when they are performing?
Thank you in advance!!!
H

Cnjp
10-08-2005, 02:56 PM
The name of this great group is Side Effect. For at least the last four years, they have usually only performed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays in different areas of New Orleans Square. The line-up of the group seems to have changed recently. When we visited the resort earlier this year, we didn't see Augie or Reagae and haven't seen them since. This is strange, especially since Augie Johnson was a founding member of the group from back in the 70s. The line-up that I am familar with is the one in the picture below.

Side Effect group photo (http://www.geocities.com/candjp/cnjp/sideeffect.jpg)

Left to right: Reagae, Charles, me, Greg and Augie

Charles has been gone for the last two years and James took his place. The park schedules that cast members have lists the dates and times that Side Effect performs. Hope you get to see them again soon. They are a great group to watch! :)

Pirate Princess
10-08-2005, 03:17 PM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!
We will be there on Tues and Weds on our next trip!!!
CNJP I cannot thank you enough for this info!
Yeah, the pic of the group I have from May 2005 has different members, but I do recognize two of the guys! If anyone hasn't seen them, please make it a point to do so! Especially if you, or your child, is wearing a birthday sticker!

Another Dimension
10-08-2005, 08:19 PM
They are a great group to watch! :)

A bunch of really talented, crowd pleasing, nice guys too.

But then, I can say that about all the NOS (and Disneyland) bands and musicians! :D