PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a birthday celebration...

chinamama
10-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Hubby's 50th birthday was July 13th, he and Disney almost share the same day!

Anyhow, I am taking him to Disneyland for his birthday even though it is 4mos late... (vacations you know) Sooo would it be bad for me to get him a birthday pin, tell the hotel its his birthday ect even though it is not? This is his party.... Do they ask for ID?:~D

Pirate Princess
10-07-2005, 10:05 PM
They don't ask for ID, and since you are explicitly doing this for his birthday, go for it. It keeps getting harder and harder to find happiness in this world anymore and the extra attention and being treated a tad better is deserved. You are not doing this with bad intentions.. tell him to enjoy his day!

(PS- If you tell the hotel, make sure that he is not the one paying with the credit card in case they ask for his drivers license for ID theft purposes. It is completely worth getting the sticker at City Hall in DL.. it makes the day extra special)

splash
10-08-2005, 08:27 AM
You should go to the Disneyland Hotel and get him a birthday button. I've heard that it doesn't matter whether you are staying there or not.

Rhiannon8404
10-08-2005, 09:05 AM
Just tell them you are here celebrating his birthday. You don't actually have to tell the it's his birthday. I don't think they care at all if it's the actual day. The care that you are making Disneyland part of the celebration.

We did this with our anniversary last year. Nice dinner at Vineyard Room. We were asked if we were celebrating anything special. We said our anniversary but that it was several weeks ago. They didn't care, we still got a free dessert sampler (more than enought for two) with "Happy 11th Anniversary" written on it in chocolate.

cstephens
10-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Hubby's 50th birthday was July 13th, he and Disney almost share the same day!

Anyhow, I am taking him to Disneyland for his birthday even though it is 4mos late... (vacations you know) Sooo would it be bad for me to get him a birthday pin, tell the hotel its his birthday ect even though it is not? This is his party.... Do they ask for ID?:~D

Your husband shares the same birthday as my husband, though not the same year. You don't have to celebrate on the exact birthday. I have a birthday page that you might find useful. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html) The only out-of-date info is the merchandise at the birthday cart. They only sell a few of those things now. I keep meaning to update that part.

Have a great time, and happy belated birthday to your husband.

DISNEYfied
10-08-2005, 12:31 PM
You should go to the Disneyland Hotel and get him a birthday button. I've heard that it doesn't matter whether you are staying there or not.

Can we REALLY get a pin without staying there? Because the though the sticker is cute, the one we got for my friend on her b-day shriveled up after Splash Mountain... It would be much nicer to get a pin. :)

Rhiannon8404
10-08-2005, 01:13 PM
Can we REALLY get a pin without staying there? Because the though the sticker is cute, the one we got for my friend on her b-day shriveled up after Splash Mountain... It would be much nicer to get a pin. :)

You could call and ask. The worst that could happen is they say "no, it's for guests only."