PDA

View Full Version : Internet access at Disneyland Resort?

annieb727
10-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hi. I will not be staying at a Disney resort hotel, but was hoping that i might be able to access the internet a couple of times while I'm on my trip. I really do not feel good about bringing my laptop and leaving in our hotel all day, so I was hoping there would be a place I could go and use a computer. Do they have computers available for people to use? I suspect if they do, it will be for a fee, but that's fine since if I brought my laptop, I'd have to pay 75c each time I tried to dial up the internet. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

Andrew
10-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=38505) is the list of free WiFi hotspots as of March '05. There are no computers available for use except in the hotel business centers--for a fee--but if you bring your own WiFi enabled laptop, you can connect for free.

Some people have reported an unusually high amount of virus/spyware activity on this network, so if you do bring your own laptop, make sure you're running up-to-date antivirus and firewall software.

Darkbeer
10-07-2005, 11:18 AM
As part of your resort fee, high speed internet access is offered at all 3 hotels, so you would not have to pay the dial-up charges.

The room access is wired, so you should have an ethernet plug on your laptop (most do), otherwise you can pick up an USB adapter before you go.

Opus1guy
10-07-2005, 11:36 AM
The original poster's inquiry specifically mentions they will not be bringing their laptop and is looking for a place they can use an existing computer with internet access. So Wi-Fi and Wired connection options are not what they are looking for.

As Andrew mentions, the Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Grand Californian Hotel both have business centers where you can rent "time" on an internet connected computer. But I don't know how much they charge for the service.

Hopefully someone else will post a more affordable and/or convenient alternative for you, such as some other nearby hotel or coffeeshop that might have a pay-as-you-go internet kiosk available to the public.

Are you staying at some other hotel, and if so which one? Someone might be better able to give you convenient options with that info.

annieb727
10-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I'll be staying at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. I really wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my laptop there all day when we're playing at Disney -- I don't mind paying a fee, as long as I know how much that fee will be ahead of time. I can write it off as a business expense, as it would all be business related email i'd be checking...maybe I'll give the disney hotel a call and ask about their fees...thanks

Darkbeer
10-07-2005, 11:46 AM
The Tropicana Gift shop has pay by minute Internet stands, which comes with a computer.

Right next door to the Desert Inn.

Mark Mywords
10-07-2005, 12:59 PM
If you're just looking for minimal access (ie quickly check email), I believe Innoventions has a few web access stations.

Darkbeer
10-07-2005, 01:03 PM
If you're just looking for minimal access (ie quickly check email), I believe Innoventions has a few web access stations.

Not anymore, and the ones that did, you couldn't go to most e-mail accounts, due to the screening software.

garrett240
10-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Are you staying at a hotel when you visit? Your hotel might have a business center that you can use. I'm finding that most hotels have at least 1 computer that guests can use.

Also, try the public library. They might have free internet access. The county libraries in Salt Lake are open to 9 pm and have a lot of internet computers.

http://www2.anaheim.net/custom.cfm?name=welcome_library.cfm

Opus1guy
10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Are you staying at a hotel when you visit?

That question already asked in Post #4 and the answer to that question already given in Post #5.

:)

mkcbunny
10-10-2005, 01:33 PM
The Tropicana Gift shop has pay by minute Internet stands, which comes with a computer.

Right next door to the Desert Inn.
That's very handy. Thanks. Quick question: Is the Tropicana gift shop in the Tropicana hotel? I'm looking at a map, and the Desert Inn seems further down the road a bit [south].

Sailor Butterfly
10-10-2005, 04:36 PM
The Ramada Inn Main Gate is close to your hotel and I know they have internet access there. It's right out front near the sidewalk, where they sell tickets to the parks and tours. The computers looked like the old school table top arcade machines. I don't remember how much it was though.

mkcbunny
11-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Does anyone know if the Tropicana or Ramada options mentioned here have printers? Or just Internet access? I will need to print a boarding pass. Going to the Grand Californian business center is probably my best bet, but I'm guessing it'd be more expensive there.

Darkbeer
11-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Ask the HoJo front desk when you check in, they might be able to print it out for you.

mkcbunny
11-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Ask the HoJo front desk when you check in, they might be able to print it out for you.
Thanks. I just sent them an e-mail asking if they can do this. I'll let others know what they say when I get a reply. They are so helpful there.