PDA

View Full Version : Any Canadians have any hints?

kimmer e7
10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
We are getting close to 30 days out and wondering if any Canadians have any hints? Other than Disney & CAA any good ticket deals?

Thanks in Advance!

AlbertaMinnie
10-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Where are you staying?

I found the people at Sears Travel very helpful and they dealt with FunSun Vacations. Not only do you get Sears club points, but sometimes, while there is a promotion, you don't have to pay up front.

Do you know about the Disney Character Warehouse Outlet?

Will you have a car?

Where else are you going?

How often do you get to visit?

Where in Canada are you visiting from?

Mac_gurl
10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
I too am a Canadian!
I will be going down November 1st.
I went through AMA, and they were very helpful.

Where abouts is the warehouse? Can it be accessed
by bus/cab?

AlbertaMinnie
10-07-2005, 12:09 PM
You can get great deals on Disney merchandise at this outlet store a little over 3 miles from Disneyland. For basic Disney souvenirs, such as t-shirts, sweatshirts and mugs, you can't beat the prices. Disney's Character Warehouse is located at 233 Orangefair Mall. You can call (714) 870-9363 to check hours, etc.

To get to the Disney Character Warehouse from Disneyland, go north on Harbor Blvd and cross Hwy 91. Make a right at Orangethorpe and another right at Pomona, which is a street that goes right into the Orangefair Marketplace shopping center. A Michael's store is right in front of you; drive toward it and then go left to get to the Character Warehouse, which is at the corner of the building."

It's merchandise originally sold in the theme parks, but at a discount...sometimes due to overstock or irregularity, but usually it's just stuff that didn't sell.

It's an awesome deal, and even though our dollar is pretty strong right now (well, better than it has been for a while!) it's great to get an even better deal. I ended up purchasing more things here than I did at the park. There is also a website that has been mentioned, I'll find the link and post it for you guys, but it has coupons that you can print and get an extra 10% off. I found the deals also at Target hard to beat, even with the exchange rate. When we visited in July, my kids got all their back to school clothes etc at such a great deal!

AlbertaMinnie
10-07-2005, 12:18 PM
I know this has been on this discussion board before, but it doesn't hurt to help out newcomers as well. Here is the link to the coupon I promised you:

http://www.anaheimoc.org
"Things to See and Do"
"Shopping"
"Retail Stores"
"Disney's Character Warehouse Outlet Store" "...more information"
Print off your coupon!

mollie1
10-10-2005, 03:46 PM
I found the best deals on tickets from alberta motor assoc,