PDA

View Full Version : LAX To Disneyland

GrumpyGoofyGuy
10-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Well, after months of looking at posts here I finally decided to register. My wife and I have been Disneyland freaks forever and most people think we are crazy. (Feels like I'm standing up for the first time at a "Disneyholics Anonymouse" meeting and admitting to my to addiction!) Anyway, my wife and I have a Christmas trip planned this year and we are flying to LAX from Fresno. I have the package purchsed through Expedia. Has anybody taken the airport bus from LAX to Disneyland area hotels recently? From what I have been reading that bus system has recently changed hands. It's either that or Super Shuttle which expedia offers as an add on to my package. Now, if I could only get that countdown clock thing to work!:confused:

wenderella
10-07-2005, 07:26 AM
I have taken the AirportBus from Disneyland to LAX. It was right when they were changing hands (early this year) and they were late. I was totally worried about missing my flight. We did arrive on time, but it was close. So that's my experience. We always (from then on out) take the Super Shuttle. You now can make your reservations online, and with your AAA card (worth the investment) you get a $2 discount per person. I wouldn't book it through expedia...I'd go ahead and do it online at www.supershuttle.com. It's easy and you pay for it right there, so you'd only have to tip the driver when you get there. I like that.

Darkbeer
10-07-2005, 10:02 AM
Here is a link to the new Disneyland Express service...

http://www.airportbus.com/

And here is a coupon to take $5 off the round trip.

http://www.airportbus.com/coupons.cfm

disneyhound
10-07-2005, 10:14 AM
SuperShuttle is the way to go!

Mac_gurl
10-07-2005, 12:43 PM
How long does it take usually to get from the airport to the hotels/disneyland area in the shuttle? Just trying to plan our days...

Thanks guys!

The Genii
10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I always used to take Super Shuttle until the company turned to crap.
It used to be that they guaranteed no more than three stops.
Here's what recently happened to my friend and I. I landed hours before he did at LAX, so I took the Super Shuttle from LAX to The Disneyland Hotel for $14. My driver fell asleep at the wheel! After that I kept my eye on the idiot.
The trip took 40 minutes.
My friend landed at LAX a few hours later. His trip on the Super Shuttle took TWO HOURS and included SEVEN stops.
Now I splurge for the extra dough and take a cab.

Darkbeer
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Some of the reasons I don't like the shuttle vans...

Being crammed into the van with lots of folks, leaving you very little seating room (unlike the Greyhound type bus seats, which are nice and roomy).

The multiple stops that you usually get before you get off. With the bus, I know when I will leave (instead of waiting for more people to go in the same direction with the vans), and that I know where it stops.

A cab isn't bad from LAX if you have 4 or 5 folks in your group, but the bus is a better deal for smaller groups. Also, a rental car is usually a good deal since there is so much competition at that airport, check out hotwire.com for some low prices, then shop around.

JP1
10-07-2005, 01:57 PM
How long are you staying? I would definitely suggest renting a car. There is a lot to see and do outside of Disneyland in SoCal. Plus a rental car will save you a lot of hassle as you will be on your own schedule instead of a shuttle companies, especially if you want to maximize your time on your last day. Typically, whenever I've called a Super Shuttle, they want to pick me up about FOUR hours before my flight departure. That's a lot of time to be sitting in the terminal or in some van.

Mac_gurl
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
How long are you staying? I would definitely suggest renting a car. There is a lot to see and do outside of Disneyland in SoCal. Plus a rental car will save you a lot of hassle as you will be on your own schedule instead of a shuttle companies, especially if you want to maximize your time on your last day. Typically, whenever I've called a Super Shuttle, they want to pick me up about FOUR hours before my flight departure. That's a lot of time to be sitting in the terminal or in some van.

Unfortunatly, we tried that, but since we are both under 25 years, they won't rent us a car. I'm not worried about the way back to the airport, as we are spending time in Marina Del ray, so our friend will be taking us to the airport.
It's getting to disneyland on a decent time (our plane arrives at 9:15 am)
Thanks for all the help everyone!

JP1
10-07-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't want to beat it to death, especially if you don't want to rent a car - however Alamo, Thrifty, Enterprise, Dollar and National car rental all have a minimum age of 21 to rent, although you may have to pay a surcharge.

ACDSNY
10-20-2005, 10:53 AM
Anyone know how much the cab fare is from LAX to Grand Californian for two people?

Darkbeer
10-20-2005, 11:05 AM
Anyone know how much the cab fare is from LAX to Grand Californian for two people?

Cab Fare starts around $50 one way, and could go up if there is bad traffic, due to how "waiting time" is calculated.

So you are looking at over $100, or $50 each for a Round Trip

Shuttles start around $30 per person for a Round Trip

The Disneyland Express Bus is $23 per person (with coupon) for a Round Trip.

pisces
10-20-2005, 01:32 PM
Don't forget to factor in the tip.....which is a percentage of whatever the costly rate turns out to be.

ACDSNY
10-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Thanks info on cab fare. They're coming into LAX on a late flight on a Friday night so I don't want them waiting for the shuttle. Last time it took almost 3 hours on the shuttle.

By the time they leave I'll be there with a car and can take them back to the airport, so they only need it for one direction.

TahoeBob
10-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I am renting a car, from one of the off site car places. Ace rent a car is running a special on a PT cruiser for $14.99 a day.

Bob

GrumpyUTboi
10-21-2005, 08:02 AM
I still do not get why anyone in their right mind would ever consider flying into LAX. Not just for the fact that it takes forever to get to DL from the airport, or the fact that the airport is a complete madhouse, what about all the little planes flying underneath you as you are landing. My Dad's best friend had a son that was on a plane waiting to take off at LAX when another plane landed on top of it killing all passengers aboard.

Also, flying into SNA gets you ready for DL and the rides as the engines get cut before landing.

going2disneyAZ
10-21-2005, 08:50 AM
I still do not get why anyone in their right mind would ever consider flying into LAX. Not just for the fact that it takes forever to get to DL from the airport, or the fact that the airport is a complete madhouse, what about all the little planes flying underneath you as you are landing. My Dad's best friend had a son that was on a plane waiting to take off at LAX when another plane landed on top of it killing all passengers aboard.

I could not agree more with ya. I used to live in LA and would always try to fly out of Long Beach even though I lived close to LAX. Now I go back on business often and go out of my way to avoid LAX. I'll go into Long Beach, Burbank, or John Wayne. Even if it means a slightly longer drive. In Long Beach I can be off the plane, get my luggage, get my rental car and on the road in under 15 minutes! That would take at least 1.5 hours at LAX!

TahoeBob
10-21-2005, 10:43 AM
I still do not get why anyone in their right mind would ever consider flying into LAX.

Its all about money or the lack of it, flight time, and other problems that are there.

From Reno to Lax on southwest flight time 1 hour 10 minutes non stop
from Reno to Orange county flight time about 4 hours with one plane change

cost for 2 people is about $80.00 less into LAX than Orange. Car rental is cheaper at LAX if you go with one of the off site rental. Yes lax is very busy, but last year when we flew into and out of LAX, 25 minutes after getting off the plane we were on the shutttle going to San Pedro, on the retune it took about 30 minutes to get off the shuttle and to the gate.

Bob