PDA

View Full Version : AP rates for early December

Aussie MouseFan
10-07-2005, 03:51 AM
Having looked all round the Disney website, plus here I cant seem to find any information or availability for AP rates at one of the Disney hotels in early December (6th to 13th).

Any help or advice appreciated in advance

cheers...

kohl
10-07-2005, 05:47 AM
When I called to ge the AP rates for late November, they said they don't have any AP rates out for December, and they don't know if they will or not.

wenderella
10-07-2005, 07:31 AM
If there are any AP rates available, they won't come out until the VERY end of October or beginning November 1st. Sounds like December will be a busy one. There might not be any available. BUMMER!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
called yesterday and the CM I talked to said of course there are no guarantees that there will be AP rates in December, but if there are likely the first couple weeks would be most likely. She also said the GCH is sold out the the week of the 5th, I thought that was strange, I didnt notice any big conventions and candlelight is over on the 4th.

MacBaby
10-09-2005, 09:20 PM
I noticed many of the local hotels are also booked for the week ending with December 10. Wonder what is going on. Any ideas?

Pirate Princess
10-09-2005, 10:15 PM
I think the word has finally gotten out that the additions due to the 50th are actually worth checking out. (The castle is BEAUTIFUL! The fireworks are amazing! Buzz is really cool! The parade was exciting!.. I've run out of verbs ;) )

Pirate Princess
10-09-2005, 10:26 PM
I think the word has finally gotten out that the additions due to the 50th are actually worth checking out. (The castle is BEAUTIFUL! The fireworks are amazing! Buzz is really cool! The parade was exciting!.. I've run out of verbs ;) )

OOPS not verb.. adjective.. and now I am going to bed.. I can't believe I forgot 2nd grade..

stinkerbell
10-10-2005, 10:02 PM
The resort was sold out Dec. 9-10 when I tried to book through Walt Disney Travel. I got a much better deal anyway through Alaska Air...and a room. ;) I can't believe those rooms are gone resort-wide that weekend. They also don't have any more of the 4th night free promotional rooms in December....but they're still advertising them. :rolleyes: I told the WDT person to check any four nights, any resort hotel, any date at all.....and she said they're ALL gone on property.

So I'm guessing any AP pricing will be minimal. Too bad, I was hoping to get somewhat of a deal....never been able to cash in on being an AP holder before and it doesn't look like I'll be able to start now.

potcfan
10-11-2005, 06:51 AM
The resort was sold out Dec. 9-10 when I tried to book through Walt Disney Travel. I got a much better deal anyway through Alaska Air...and a room. ;) I can't believe those rooms are gone resort-wide that weekend. They also don't have any more of the 4th night free promotional rooms in December....but they're still advertising them. :rolleyes: I told the WDT person to check any four nights, any resort hotel, any date at all.....and she said they're ALL gone on property.

Expedia still has rooms with the 4th night free deal for December 11-16 at all 3 DLR hotels, also November 26th thru December 3rd is available at DLH and PPH.

stinkerbell
10-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Expedia still has rooms with the 4th night free deal for December 11-16 at all 3 DLR hotels, also November 26th thru December 3rd is available at DLH and PPH.

:D I told the WDTC rep. that. I was pouting. :D I get irritated that hotels sell their rooms out to travel sites (okay, so I'm just irritated this once, usually I love it)....I really wanted to book through WDTC this time. Never done it, as I always get better deals elsewhere. Just this one time, though, I really wanted to and couldn't. Figures.

But, I got my fourth night free plus 10% off the entire vacation through alaska air. I took my savings and plunked it down on a fifth night at GCH. I'm a sucker. :rolleyes:

stan4d_steph
10-11-2005, 09:47 AM
There's a high school basketball tournament at the Anaheim Convention Center from December 10 - 18. That could be why many rooms are booked up.

Here's a schedule of events for the ACC (http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm).

Pirate Princess
10-11-2005, 07:16 PM
There's a high school basketball tournament at the Anaheim Convention Center from December 10 - 18. That could be why many rooms are booked up.

Here's a schedule of events for the ACC (http://www.anaheimconventioncenter.com/events.cfm).

Thank you for telling me that.. now please excuse me while I go throw up.
High Schoolers all over DL while I'm there. I just hope it doesn't kill the Xmas experience. :crying:

DangerMouse
10-11-2005, 08:39 PM
Thank you for telling me that.. now please excuse me while I go throw up.
High Schoolers all over DL while I'm there. I just hope it doesn't kill the Xmas experience. :crying:

I'm guessing they won't be at the park the entire time, since they are there to play or watch basketball. We'll be there at the same time, and I'm not worried about a few extra teenagers.

Pirate Princess
10-11-2005, 08:47 PM
I'm guessing they won't be at the park the entire time, since they are there to play or watch basketball. We'll be there at the same time, and I'm not worried about a few extra teenagers.

That's true.. I guess all teenagers aren't as evil as I used to be... :~D

Leash81
10-11-2005, 10:10 PM

Ahhh, thanks for the info, I was trying to decide between the weekend of the 3rd or the 10th and this just made up my mind.