PDA

View Full Version : How many changes in Fantasmic

Chiidesu
10-06-2005, 08:14 PM
Just curious, how many changes are there in Fantasmic! since it opened in 1992? I don't quite remember because I was a youngun back then :p All I remember is that Ursula and the Crocodile from Peter Pan was taken out... Oh... And I also think that the dragon changed to be more light weight... Can anyone confirm this? Or have any pictures? For old time's sake :fez: Anything else?

Surfingstitch
10-07-2005, 07:47 AM
You can watch a video on visionsfantastic.com

Jeremiah
10-09-2005, 02:29 PM
The only things that have really changed is Ursula was removed a few years after it opened and they put in small lights on the island for the end instead of people with light ropes. Yes they haved changed out the dragon a few times but nothing that anyone can really tell and they added some fountian effects. But other then that the show has not changed a lick since 1992.

J

Sailor Butterfly
10-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the first time I saw it was in 92 also and I just saw it again last month and no Ursula was the only change I noticed. :) My parents had taped it in 92, so I've seen that years version a million times.

hbquikcomjamesl
10-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Generally, at least in my own experience, if the crocodile is out, it's down for repair. Likewise if the Mark Twain is unavailable, they have a land-based alternate finale. Does anybody know what they do if the Columbia is down? Do they just cancel, or do they do something like swap in the Pocahontas scene from the WDW version?

As to Ursula's removal, well, I say good riddance. Looked like a really unconvincing refugee from "Flights of Fantasy" (anybody else remember THAT parade?), and kind of had the same effect on me as really bad author intrusion in a novel or short story: it threw me out of the story.

Chris Lang
10-09-2005, 09:57 PM
If the Columbia is down, the show does not operate, period. If the Columbia dies during the show (doesn't move) the show is e-stopped and cancelled.