PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness Wall?

Horace Horsecollar
03-05-2002, 01:59 PM
Can anyone tell me why Disney is building a wall along one side of the Mulholland Madness coaster? Is it something to do with weather-related problems? Noise at the hotels? I understand that the ride doesn't operate when it rains; the Wild Maus at Busch Gardens Williamsburg has the same problem.

Ghoulish Delight
03-05-2002, 02:22 PM
As I understand it, it is a soundwall for the hotel.

PinkFloyd
03-05-2002, 06:47 PM
Not related to the wall question, but I am curious about the severity of the ride. My 8 year old can handle SM, TM etc. but not Screamin' do you think this ride would be too much for her? TIA!

Uncle Dick
03-05-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Not related to the wall question, but I am curious about the severity of the ride. My 8 year old can handle SM, TM etc. but not Screamin' do you think this ride would be too much for her? TIA!
MM is definitely too much for someone who can't handle CS. I ride CS (front row!!!) all the time, but MM is an absolute mess. What little thrill the ride does hold is completely overshadowed by the pain it causes. Disney should be tearing this ride down, not adding an extra wall. :mad:

Brown Monkey
03-05-2002, 08:53 PM
I love this ride! It's craaaazy! I hope they never tear it down. Just theme it up better.

socabch
03-06-2002, 06:56 AM
I read in another thread it's for a sound wall.

PinkFloyd
Your 8 yr old will be fine on MM. I like the ride myself. It's more like the Go Coaster in ToonTown than anything else. IMO
It has more sharp turns. It's not scary and it makes me and my 12 yr old daughter giggle instead of scream. My 14 yr old is bored on it. But she loves Ca Screamin and I don't go near it. Different tastes.

downingfamily1
03-06-2002, 08:19 AM
Pinkfloyd
My 6 year old son loves MM and he is not overly adventurous. I thought it was kind of fun too.

Cadaverous Pallor
03-06-2002, 09:13 AM
I must once again post my support for this ride. I love it! It makes me scream every time I feel we're about to tip over. And I'm a coaster fanatic too, so I'm no wuss!

Horace Horsecollar
03-06-2002, 02:04 PM
I like this ride, too, even though I wish it were themed a bit better--making this an enclosed coaster with landscaping and traffic effects (lights, oncoming cars) would help.

Actually, the most terrifying ride I've ever been on was the old Wild Mouse at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk--an old wooden job that always seemed on the verge of collapse and gave you one rough, tipsy ride. One ride on that helped me work up my courage for the Giant Dipper coaster that towered over it. The Wild Mouse has since been replaced with a log ride.

disneynut
03-06-2002, 08:00 PM
My 4 year old loves this ride. My husband hates it because he feels like he's gonna fall out. I gotta give my husband credit--since the 4 y/o can't go on it by himself, one of us has to go and it's not gonna be me....:D

jslivinski
03-29-2002, 10:24 AM
My son (7) and I loved this ride. My question is has anyone been on it since they added the walls and how has it changed the ride experience? From the pictures I've seen it looks pretty bad from the inside.

Uncle Dick
03-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by jslivinski
My son (7) and I loved this ride. My question is has anyone been on it since they added the walls and how has it changed the ride experience? From the pictures I've seen it looks pretty bad from the inside.
I tried to ride it recently but it broke down and I had to climb down from the top. For the brief time that I was on it, it seemed just as bad as ever. I do kind of think the wall makes the area look better from the outside.

socabch
03-29-2002, 11:02 AM
We rode it last Tuesday and the walls didn't hurt the effect on the ride. I really didn't even notice that the wall was there. You still get that going over the edge feeling when going around curves. It's a great ride but it breaks down alot.

parky_in_paris
03-29-2002, 11:08 AM
I rode it just after the walls went up.

It's so badly themed, who really wants to ride round in a green box ?

There is nothing to see inside, just vast expanses of green paint and orange rails. This is so un-Disney.

justagrrl
03-29-2002, 12:31 PM
Yeah - couldn't they, at the very least, have painted the inside with the same type of pics as the outside...or even have put the pic on the inside of the back wall and tear the front wall down?

blusilva
03-29-2002, 01:44 PM
A CM told me that the City of Anaheim considered the attraction an "eyesore" and told Disney to put up a wall. Which, I guess, would explain why the wall is painted on the outside rather than on the inside.