PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Disneyland Hotel... now what? (merged)

potterphreak
10-06-2005, 02:16 PM
thank you Celinas Mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEVER thought we would be able to stay at the DL Hotel but because of YOU, I GET TO!!!! The lady said they didn't have any 11/27, but they did have 11/28-11/30 for $89 a night!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO-I am SOOOOOO glad I am a "Disney Nut" (as DH calls me) and I came on here during my work break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JosieGirl71
10-06-2005, 03:47 PM
How did you get such a good rate?

potterphreak
10-06-2005, 04:36 PM
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48578

potterphreak
10-06-2005, 05:10 PM
LOL I never thought we would be able to stay at the Disneyland Hotel (ok, so I am stingy! Would rather spend my moola shopping at DL LOL!) so I never had a "have-to-do" list for staying at an on-property hotel. I am super excited about the pool(s) and the monorail (which I have never been on) but what else is there I MUST do? I'm waaaay to miserly to shell out for concierge but am open to any other ideas.

Thanks so much 'Padders for any and all help!!

CJ:D

MouseFaninQueue
10-06-2005, 05:18 PM
I stayed at the DL hotel back in May for the first time. Had a blast ...

First thing we did in our room was search the room looking for whatever mickeymouse/disney thing they did to the room. You can kill quite abit of time looking at things in the room alone just to see how much disneyana you can find.

At night I will recommend walking the waterfalls. It's usually quiet and cool and just a nice soothing walk.

Not sure if you have kids or not but we had to go out and get pictures with the big statue of Mickey at the front of the Hotel. Also had to go and stand under the giant hat leading from the Hotel to Downtown Disney.

The main pool is pretty cool.:D But we preferred the other smaller pool. My daughter is 3 and not all that comfortable around others or even in the pool at this stage. The smaller one on the side was nice because it was pretty much empty the entire afternoon and we had it pretty much to ourselves. Whereas the big pool was fairly busy all day.

In the actual hotels they have disney music playing all the time - so we played "what movie is that song from" everytime we came into the hotel.

We ate at Goofys Kitchen for breakfast once and we ate at Hook's point for dinner once. Hook's Point was a little on the pricey side....

potterphreak
10-07-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks, that was so helpful!! Because I was sooooo incredibly excited about staying 2 nights of our trip at the DL Hotel, last night I booked the extra night with DLH through hotels.com for $205, not too bad but awesome when you add in that our ENTIRE stay at the DLH (3 nights) will cost $468.58, only $133 more than staying across the street at Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites!!

I am so excited, who knows if I will ever make it into DL, might just camp out at the hotel the whole time. HA!!! As if!!!!!!

Would appreciate lots more "make sure not to miss" from peeps who have been, and as always, thanks SOOOO much for any and all info!
:D

10-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Love it!

snowsbeau
10-07-2005, 02:51 PM
****FYI
I just called the reservations desk and was able to get a room at the Disneyland Hotel on 11/27 at the AP rate, $89! They are not completely booked for that date or the days after.
Good Luck! :D

potterphreak
10-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Well peanut butter! When I called she said she didn't have any for 11/27. So I got 11/28-11/30. I was content to stay one night at a different hotel but then I thought, you know what-just DO it! So I booked through hotels.com and got us there for our entire trip, for only $100 or so more than the other hotel. WOOHOOOO!!! LOL Yay AP! And I don't even have an AP yet! At least this way will allow me to enjoy the EE on Monday with my park hopper, after EE I can upgrade to my AP and then check in for the "new room" with the AP rate. sneaky sneaky says I! LOL

disneyjunkie
10-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Yay!!! Just called and booked 11/28-29-30 for the 89.00 ap rate , reservations said they had just added some ap rooms for the later part of November.God knows after the wedding I needed to get a discounted rate to convince hubby to go for my birthday.