PDA

View Full Version : Is there a difference on Space Mountain [night vs. day?]

tsubaru02
10-06-2005, 04:09 PM
remember is there a diff from day and night,,,i cant tell,,,was this a lie

Mark Mywords
10-06-2005, 04:23 PM
There will be (eventually). The plans call for SM to change over to "Rockit Mountain" at night time, with a whole different soundtrack and added show element. Don't recall right now when Dland's going to unveil it, I think early next year...

Opus1guy
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
You know, after being told that Disneyland's new Space Mountain and Hong Kong Disneyland's Space Mountain were basically the same, I have to wonder if Hong Kong Disneyland is running the "Rockit Mountain" nighttime version all the time.

HKDL's SM has much better starfield effects with not just the stars, but animated special effect projections as well. And as you're at the top of the lift at HKDL about to start the ride downhill, there is this huge spinning orange-glowing meteor field thing with rocks swirling about that I can kind of see in Anaheim, but it's all dark. Turned off, as it were.

So I'm wondering if those that have been on HKDL's SM, have basically already experienced what Anaheim's nighttime "Rockit Mountain" will look like?

tsubaru02
10-08-2005, 09:36 PM
i know what happen how does it look and sound any one,,,

scoobygang7144
10-08-2005, 11:47 PM
i don't what it is suppose to be like but it is suppose to start may 2006.

tsubaru02
10-11-2005, 09:49 PM
whats going to happen,,.

TowerofTerror
10-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I wonder what Disney decide when to reveal the Rock-it Mountain version at Disneyland. I think its gone to be in May 2006 when the start running it.

qwiksliver1022
10-11-2005, 10:54 PM
I've heard of them changing it at night to rocket mountain but I have no clue as to what it is nor when it will start.

stan4d_steph
10-12-2005, 06:48 AM
Most likely the night version will involve different music and lighting. Not much else can be changed.

mickeynewe
10-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Just curious, but has the ride itself changed? Is it launched in the beginning like California Screaming, or have they just darkened it down more and added new effects?

sdfilmcritic
10-12-2005, 08:22 AM
Most likely the night version will involve different music and lighting. Not much else can be changed.:eek: You mean there's not going to be a new track layout for the night time version?

Okay, it's probably an overused joke, but I thought I should say it anyway.

cosmicjive
10-12-2005, 08:35 AM
Just curious, but has the ride itself changed? Is it launched in the beginning like California Screaming, or have they just darkened it down more and added new effects?

The "new" Space Mountain is the exact same ride as the "old" Space Mountain. Although they completely rebuilt the track from scratch, they didn't change it in any way. It feels a little different because it's new -- i.e. the ride is much smoother now -- but it follows the same path and goes the same speed.

What did change is the "show." The entry corridors and the launch bay are all a little different. Once you get on the ride, the lift tunnels all use new special effects (different lighting and such). The soundtrack has been changed. The lighting in the big room is different as well. Gone are the big orange sphere and the floating cookie. The room is much darker now, and the track is much harder to see. You mostly just see stars everywhere.

As for "Rockit Mountain," it hasn't premiered yet. The rumor is that it will open in Spring 2006. It will have different lighting effects and music. There are several large asteroids that are barely visible on the ride right now, in all likelihood these will be clearly visible in the "Rockit Mountain" version.

-Jeff "etumor"

sdfilmcritic
10-12-2005, 09:05 AM
What did change is the "show."Don't forget the part at the end where the riders see a video of Michael Eisner playing at the exit. In the video he's thanking each rider for investing in his ever growing pension check. :~D

tsubaru02
10-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Don't forget the part at the end where the riders see a video of Michael Eisner playing at the exit. In the video he's thanking each rider for investing in his ever growing pension check.